• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pau

Okay, I guess Pikachus just hate me. ;-;

Whatever, I was gonna drop you for a Jolteon the first chance I got anyways, Pikachu. :mad:

mstevens

Just started playing. The walking is ew... Seriously, playing with the circle pad is so awkward. Why did they do it that way... This will bug me for the rest of the game... Digital movement sucks :(

You can use the dpad when walking/running.. that's what I do.

Roto13

Really? I've run into too many Pikachu to count. Even right outside the forest.

Now Pancham? Rare as hell. I ran into one female and never again.

Pikachu has Static, which has the secret side effect of calling more Pikachu, so if you manage to catch one, they become really common.

Pikachu seems to be really common on that random trade thing, so that's probably the easiest way to get one.

ryan13ts

Ok, If I have to look for a male Litleo anymore, I'm going to jump off a cliff. Anyone have a spare they don't mind getting rid of?

Also, to anyone who wants to add me for future battle/trade, 3050-7800-2928

Feel free to PM to me if you add me.

Teknoman

Pikachu has Static, which has the secret side effect of calling more Pikachu, so if you manage to catch one, they become really common.

Pikachu seems to be really common on that random trade thing, so that's probably the easiest way to get one.

Vivillon is so cool. I didn't even know you could get different wing patterns. I looked it up and there were like
so far. I got Modern.

Really, I ran into at least two or three. Pancham is probably my favorite new Pokemon so far.

Ah so thats why! Wish putting a Scraggy on the front would attract Pancham lol. At any rate, I just ran into an Abra and i'm really hesitant to attack for fear of teleport lol.

Mupod

I've added more friends than the number of frogs I've given away, some of you might not be connected to the interwebs ingame or something.

ringwaldhaze

Neo Member
Vivillon is so cool. I didn't even know you could get different wing patterns. I looked it up and there were like
so far. I got Modern.

Really, I ran into at least two or three. Pancham is probably my favorite new Pokemon so far.

You can get a Pancham in the first forest? Man, I might need to backtrack now. I already have way too many pokeymans.

Strider

Man this game is sooooo good. It sucked me in. I put my 3DS on the charger and noticed I left WindWaker on the table. I completely forgot I bought that today along with Pokemon.

I'll start it tomorrow? Maybe...?
I won't

Mik317

Thanks for the answer Ultimadrago.

My FC for those who want to add people is:

4596-9552-5013

I'm not a battler and often don;t have much to trade but there it go.

I also will add this to my profile.

Jintor

Pancham is a fucking boss. Wish he was an additional type though, I never remember what Fighting is good against.

I would've though Fighting would be great against Rock but nope.avi. Actually, I was kinda hoping he was Grass/Fighting.

Fledgling evolving into a Fire/Flying was a nice surprise though.

ramyeon

There are too many pokemon I want to use in this game :( can't decide on a team at all.

And I've been playing for around 10 hours and yet to reach the second gym... haha. I'm kinda overlevelled at the moment I think, thanks to all that EXP gained from catching pokemon.

Ok, If I have to look for a male Litleo anymore, I'm going to jump off a cliff. Anyone have a spare they don't mind getting rid of?

Also, to anyone who wants to add me for future battle/trade, 3050-7800-2928

Feel free to PM to me if you add me.
I have a Jolly Male with Rivalry if you're alright with that.

Teknoman

You can get a Pancham in the first forest? Man, I might need to backtrack now. I already have way too many pokeymans.

No, Pancham is after first gym, Pikachu is in and around the forest.

If anyone is on my friend list, and can zap me with a capture power up, please do.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
That's not how pokemon work. Anything that you are the original trainer of will obey you forever. The badge level-limits are only for things you get in trades. It's always been that way, even in red and blue.

Ah, it doesn't help that I essentially wonder traded all the early pokemon, so they'd gain more XP. I will effectively lose 3ish Pokes if I level them over 30, but your info is good to know.

Ashodin

Pancham is a fucking boss. Wish he was an additional type though, I never remember what Fighting is good against.

I would've though Fighting would be great against Rock but nope.avi. Actually, I was kinda hoping he was Grass/Fighting.

Fledgling evolving into a Fire/Flying was a nice surprise though.

Fighting IS super effective against Rock, I thought.

Steel, Normal, Ice...

DMG-01

By the way, everyone here noticed that the forest is basically a re-imagining of Viridian Forest, right? Dem nostalgia hooks.

FSLink

Banned
2. I believe it has to do with maxing its affection in PokeAmi.

It's not. Mine had 2/5 Affection when it evolved.

Pretty sure it's max happiness + fairy type move + level up.
I got a Japanese Eevee really early on thanks to a lucky Wonder Trade and that was the method that worked for me.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Are Abras ultra rare in X? I'm running around Route 5 and I haven't seen a single one.

FlipWilson

Neo Member
Because it's fucking impossible to find.

/still bitter

really? I ran into literally like 10 in a row...made for some excellent early training as they gave a good amount of exp even manage to find on both my X and Y

OT:

about 5 hours in; one badge my party atm consists of;

Pikachu lvl 18
Charmeleon lvl 18
Riolu lvl 19
Fletchinder lvl 19
Combusken lvl 21
Frogadier lvl 21

yes..half my party is weak to water...didn't know Fletchling becomes fire and flying

took me about half-an hour to learn how to not use the roller skates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom