• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

It's not. Mine had 2/5 Affection when it evolved.

Pretty sure it's max happiness + fairy type move + level up.
I got a Japanese Eevee really early on thanks to a lucky Wonder Trade and that was the method that worked for me.

Bah. Happiness, I forgot.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Fighting IS super effective against Rock, I thought.

Steel, Normal, Ice...

Fighting is super effective against Rock.

By the way, everyone here noticed that the forest is basically a re-imagining of Viridian Forest, right? Dem nostalgia hooks.

The game has a lot of throw back to gen 1 but it does well so that the Kalos region can stand on it two feet without becoming a Kanto 2.0.

DMG-01

Miracle Trading is such a great feature. And I feel like it really came out of nowhere. Like, who expected anything like that?

Teknoman

Are Abras ultra rare in X? I'm running around Route 5 and I haven't seen a single one.

They're rare in both versions. I spent over half an hour trying to get mine. Most annoying thing is they teleport away in the first turn :/

No power ups so far, so here goes nothing. Ultra Ball with full HP, lets go.

WHOOO CRITICAL CATCH, ONE SHAKE AND SNAP!

iCOa9uh1l032l.gif

FSLink

Banned
Miracle Trading is such a great feature. And I feel like it really came out of nowhere. Like, who expected anything like that?

They had this feature for eggs in Gen V (or IV? or both.) and I thought it was a great feature that was unfortunately limited to local. Glad they expanded it to online and at a touch of a button!

3 badges. Just got Surf and
Korrina's Lucario
, and I've got 11 other killers at my disposal, all 32 or higher:
  • Frogadier
  • Venusaur
  • Combusken
  • Kadabra
  • Pangoro
  • Vespiquen
  • Drifblim
  • Pikachu
  • Tyrunt
  • Floette
  • Krookorok

Fuck me this game is amazing.

FSLink

Banned
really? I ran into literally like 10 in a row...made for some excellent early training as they gave a good amount of exp even manage to find on both my X and Y

Did you find 1 already and have it in front? Pikachu's Static ability attracts electric types, therefore more Pikachu. I used this to catch more Pikachu so I could get a Light Ball.

Anybody know how to evolve pancham yet??

Should be Lv35, and if the rumors were confirmed (can't recall), with a dark type in party.

FlipWilson

Neo Member
I absolutely adore pikachu's cry..why aren't all pokemon like it!?!?!?!

anyway; as posted above I have a Riolu but I also have a males Raltz on my box so...

Lucario or Gallade?

GSR

Caved in and got X. The presentation upgrade from B/W is fantastic; there's so many little things they got right. Only gripe is that there's no way to play battle animations quickly instead of just turning them off - that'd be a perfect medium for me.

Rolling with Chespin.

Jintor

Fighting IS super effective against Rock, I thought.

Steel, Normal, Ice...

The worst thing about all these new pokemon is that I can't identify types at a glance.

Just got rekt by the second gym leader cos I didn't know his pokemon type was rock/dark :(

BraXzy

Hey guys, if anyone hasn't been added by me feel free to PM me your friend code and I will add you straight back :) I want to fill out my friends list for this!

Any info on the EV training and such yet? I've only played a few hours so far but still. I have two peeves so far: 1) Roller blades feel too fast and jumpy, I know you can hold you analog slightly to go slower but who has the time! 2) Moving around the main city with the erratic camera really messes me up, I constantly run into shops trying to read signs. I got told to go to a cafe but couldn't find it :L

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
am I crazy for doing super training til my EV's are maxed so I don't waste them on feild pokemon since I actually want to use Greninja?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
After a while, I finally found an Abra. Managed to get a critical catch on it with a Quick Ball. Weight has been lifted.

The trainer art is so detailed and pretty.

Pokemon breeder female is waifu material. She's practically inviting you with that arm position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom