• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 5 year old daughter wants this game after seeing me watch some videos. My only worry is she can read but not at a complex level. Are the items pretty distinct from each other visually in the menus? I know I'd be teaching her the basic logic of Pokemon, but I'm sure she would be spending most of her time roller skating around catching Pokemon.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
My 5 year old daughter wants this game after seeing me watch some videos. My only worry is she can read but not at a complex level. Are the items pretty distinct from each other visually in the menus? I know I'd be teaching her the basic logic of Pokemon, but I'm sure she would be spending most of her time roller skating around catching Pokemon.

I'd say so, though you might need to explain to her what each move does.

Think of it as bonding with your kid.

-Horizon-

Been playing for more than an hour, most of that time was me soft resetting for a female Fennekin ._. Took a while but I finally got it.

Other than that, this game looks incredible, but I feel bad every time I KO one of those small Robin bird Pokemon.

DMG-01

Each item has a pretty distinct look yeah, but (without knowing your daughter of course) I think you might be overly worried. A lot of us here, myself included, made it through the original games perfectly fine at around 5. I was so illiterate that I thought Potion was a Pokémon name and when people spoke I would read their name as if it was part of the quote (ex: I'd read "Gary: Smell you later" as "Gary smell you later"). Pokémon, and video games in general, can be used as effective tools for learning to read.

*I'm just a know nothing 21 year old who has no experience with kids and learning outside of my own childhood, so take everything I said with a grain of salt.

FSLink

Banned
Awesome, thanks.

I've had Budew and Azuril in my lineup since I first found them and they are both level 21 and neither will evolve through friendship, I don't know what the fuck is going on. Friendship evolution is one of the dumbest things introduced in this series.

Budew has to evolve during the day with max friendship, and Azurill should evolve once it hits max friendship...

Mupod

Hell yeah I want a Froakie. Looking for anything in return? I'm rolling with junk right now

I've been giving them away, so junk is fine. My FC is in my profile.

Was kind of hoping someone else was breeding starters but the funny random shit I've been getting is fine too.

Budew has to evolve during the day with max friendship, and Azurill should evolve once it hits max friendship...

I know and it just turned evening so I'm dropping Budew in the box until tomorrow. Don't know what the hell gives on Azuril, I've walked with him in my party for hours now and leveled him up roughly 18 levels.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Pls help. I don't want to wear a hat. I can't stand to look at this horrible felt nightmare hat and replacing it with a baseball hat or...... A fedora, will not make things better. If this hat thing is permanent then this game gets a -100/10

ramyeon

Guys... I think my SD card just died. Not an issue for Pokemon since I have the physical copy, but I can't boot up the game now since it needs an SD card in the slot :( fuck fuck fuck. It was working fine and then suddenly I went to the home screen and it said it couldn't display any apps since the SD card can't be accessed. What's going on!?

Edit: Phew! False alarm... Not sure what happened but it might have been too hot. I took it out and let it cool a bit and now it's working fine. Fingers crossed.

I'd say so, though you might need to explain to her what each move does.

Think of it as bonding with your kid.

That was the plan she wants X and told me I can get Y. I also seen something about caring for your Pokemon by petting them and feeding them. How in depth is it compared to nintendogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom