• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cafemomo

its almost 9PM and I have a night shift comming up

what have i been doing with my life for the past 6 hours

I need to stop playing this game

It can be taught Fly(or at least its evolution)

4872db932J7ME.png

So awesome.

MilkBeard

Okay, so I'm kinda leaning on buying the new Pokemon game. Would you guys recommend the game to someone who hasn't really followed pokemon much? I've only become interested in handheld gaming recently, although I did play one of the older Pokemon games a few years back. In that sense I have an idea of how it works.

Is the game fun, would it appeal to an rpg fan? Maybe I should just take the plunge and buy it. I was surprised because there were people talking in my workplace the other day, and they were pretty excited to get it.

Also, I'm guessing it doesn't really matter at this point if I go for X or Y.

Unbounded

Muhuhuwhawha!

Spread my Pokerus! SPREAD! Infect everything!

Also, I haven't even found the second badge yet and my team consists of level 20's.

My copy arrived this morning and HOLYSHIT I loved B/W for the whole reboot aspect of no old pokemon but this game is waaay outshining B/W atm, a load of new pokemon every area you go to guaranteed. As soon as I started the game I couldn't pull myself from it, poured seven hours into it already and gone at a steady pace and I've only beaten the first gen and catch every pokemon I've come across so far. Dunno how expansive the post-game is but it doesn't matter too much, I'll easily put 50+ hours into this at least alone for the main game.

MicH

Some of the sky battles are ridiculous. Cryogonal, really? Oh and please more Emolgas, Flygons and Aerodactyl please. Mannn

Also I love how Carnivine can participate. Wut

Mupod

Oh god, I bred so many Froakies that now I can't afford to take my pokemon out of the daycare. You'd think holding your pokemon ransom would be illegal

DMG-01

Mr. Mime totally looks like a creeper who's trying to break in through a window or something. Totally unsettling. The animators nailed it.

Muhuhuwhawha!

Spread my Pokerus! SPREAD! Infect everything!

Also, I haven't even found the second badge yet and my team consists of level 20's.

Woah, you already got it? Now you just need to spread it to the entirety of GAF. ;)

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Wow, the animation of Infestation and the sound effect is really creepy...

When can you find Orange Flowers for Orange Flabebe? I got on the first route with it and only see red and yellow.

ramyeon

Anyone else unable to get online battling to work? I keep getting a message saying there was a problem and the battle couldn't be started. Or is that just because they decline? If it's not that then it just sits on the "Challenging so and so" screen forever lol.

DaBoss

Wow, the animation of Infestation and the sound effect is really creepy...

When can you find Orange Flowers for Orange Flabebe? I got on the first route with it and only see red and yellow.

You find them in the red/yellow patches. I also seen a white Flabebe in a yellow patch of flowers later on in the game.

JUST got off work and picked up my copy. But, I have a date tonight, so I still can't play it despite waiting all day. (...part of me just wants to bail, stay home and get my pokemon on.)

Honedge eventually learns some STAB attacks (no pun intended), right?

Also, the first time I picked Froakie I got it with a timid nature and with Sp. Attack as its highest IV. Score?

Guys help

Help please

My very first try at the event Torchic and it is the perfect nature, +Atk -Sp.Atk.

It has IVs of 31 attack (guaranteed), 4 defense, average everything else.

Do I keep it?

That just seems incredibly lucky on the attack stat.

But....defense...

Kyzer

Banned
Taking a 10 min break to add moar friends. Add me please, and PM me to let me know that you did so I can add you back!

My FC: 3024-6064-3750

Boogiepop

Woah, it shows on the Pokémon party screen which of your 'mons knows an HM. Weird.

I think it's actually all field moves, since Rock Smash seems to do it as well. Also wanna give a shoutout to the implementation of the party into the item screens (IE if you scroll past a TM or evolution stone it'll show you who's compatible on the fly.)

Also, Doublade just had a time wiping out the 3rd and 4th gyms for me (well, he evolved halfway through the 4th to become Doublade). And... I have played WAY too much of this today, haha. A bit over 7 hours. Geez.

DMG-01

Honedge eventually learns some STAB attacks (no pun intended), right?

Also, the first time I picked Froakie I got it with a timid nature and with Sp. Attack as its highest IV. Score?

Somewhere in the early-mid 20's he learns Shadow Sneak. I'm still waiting on a Steel attack at 31 though.

Personally, I'm sticking with Shadow Sneak over Shadow Claw for that sweet, sweet priority. Honedge is too slow.

Unbounded

Mr. Mime totally looks like a creeper who's trying to break in through a window or something. Totally unsettling. The animators nailed it.

Woah, you already got it? Now you just need to spread it to the entirety of GAF. ;)

I already gave it to Mu earlier, now it's been going to pretty much every single pokemon I catch. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom