• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pariah164

After one gym and 5 hours, my team is as follows:

Rose (Honedge) - Level 14 - Serious Nature - Tackle, Swords Dance, False Swipe, Pursuit
Percy (Frogadier) - Level 21 - Modest Nature - Pound, Water Pulse, Bubble, Quick Attack
Giles (Skiddo) - Level 17 - Docile Nature - Tackle, Worry Seed, Razor Leaf, Leech Seed
Nala (Litleo) - Level 22 - Careful Nature - Tackle, Headbutt, Ember, Work Up
Rogue (Espurr) - Level 16 - Bashful Nature - Scratch, Leer, Covet, Confusion
Zeena (Spritzee) - Level 15 - Naughty Nature - Fairy Wind, Sweet Kiss, Odor Sleuth, Echoed Voice

Hm. For the most part, a rather calm team. Doesn't look very impressive, but I know jack all about natures, so. Who knows, lol.

BraXzy

I don't have a clue about EV's and Nature and stuff, but decided to look into it. I have a charmander who has a Hasty nature, I've read that Modest is best for Sp.Atk or something? Does that mean my charmander sucks? :/

After one gym and 5 hours, my team is as follows:

Rose (Honedge) - Level 14 - Serious Nature - Tackle, Swords Dance, False Swipe, Pursuit
Percy (Frogadier) - Level 21 - Modest Nature - Pound, Water Pulse, Bubble, Quick Attack
Giles (Skiddo) - Level 17 - Docile Nature - Tackle, Worry Seed, Razor Leaf, Leech Seed
Nala (Litleo) - Level 22 - Careful Nature - Tackle, Headbutt, Ember, Work Up
Rogue (Espurr) - Level 16 - Bashful Nature - Scratch, Leer, Covet, Confusion
Zeena (Spritzee) - Level 15 - Naughty Nature - Fairy Wind, Sweet Kiss, Odor Sleuth, Echoed Voice

Hm. For the most part, a rather calm team. Doesn't look very impressive, but I know jack all about natures, so. Who knows, lol.

Where the hell is Honedge and Espurr near the first gym????

KLonso

Is there no way to see the Pokemon's models on the top screen in the Pokedex? I know you can see the 3D models in 3D when the pokemon evolve, but I'd like to be able to see them at any time.

Honedge is on Route Six, as is Espurr. I have a male if you want to trade for something in X, if you play X.

Ahh, I'm still on Route 5, that's why. I'm playing Y. I'm down for a trade but I don't have anything all that exciting...

And by that I mean I have everything but Plusle in my Dex up to the point in the game...

Gabe3208

Banned
Has anyone else come across the various different camera views when talking to Nurse Joy in the Pokemon Center??? I can't figure out how it works, I tried holding Y while pressing A to talk to her, and sometimes it would work, others it would not. I've been able to talk to her in an up close 1st person view mode, a far up high 3 person view mode, and also a sideways/diagonal 3rd person view.

ramyeon

Guys, what does registering key items do? Besides highlighting them. It's really cumbersome to fish at the moment, having to go into menus to cast.

Guys, what does registering key items do? Besides highlighting them. It's really cumbersome to fish at the moment, having to go into menus to cast.

Register up to 4 of them, then you can press "Y" in the overworld for easy access.
I put my rod, my Droswee thing, and my bike on it so far. VERY helpful

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Has anyone else come across the various different camera views when talking to Nurse Joy in the Pokemon Center??? I can't figure out how it works, I tried holding Y while pressing A to talk to her, and sometimes it would work, others it would not. I've been able to talk to her in an up close 1st person view mode, a far up high 3 person view mode, and also a sideways/diagonal 3rd person view.

Yeah I've noticed that too. I'm thinking it's just random.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

After you register an item, press Y while walking around to quickly access it.

ramyeon

Register up to 4 of them, then you can press "Y" in the overworld for easy access.
I put my rod, my Droswee thing, and my bike on it so far. VERY helpful
Thanks! I was wondering where it was registering it too, but was looking for them on the bottom screen.

Gabe3208

Banned
Yeah I've noticed that too. I'm thinking it's just random.

Yea, the only reason I asked is because I had visited and used the Pokemon a Center AT LEAST 20 times prior and it never showed any other view, it was always like I walked up and talked to her and the view stayed the same from there, but yea, I guess it must be random then, weird.

Trey

After thinking on it some, I'm going for a Bold or Quiet Honedge.

I don't have a clue about EV's and Nature and stuff, but decided to look into it. I have a charmander who has a Hasty nature, I've read that Modest is best for Sp.Atk or something? Does that mean my charmander sucks? :/

It means your Charmander doesn't have any stat increasing or decreasing qualities.

Jintor

I wish when you were on the Pokemon select menu you could just see their stats straight up on the top screen instead of having to additional button press into summary. Should just be moves or something.

Their UI design is really good in some areas and just weirdly lacking in others.

Salsa

E7NRJF9.jpg

FUCK YEAH TIME TO PLAAAAAAAAAAAY
IS TOMORROW CAUSE THIS IS A NEW YORK PIC AND THEY HAVE TO MAKE THE TRIP HOME FML

KLonso

What colour Vivillon have people been getting? I've heard that Vivillon colours are region specific. I have the navy blue Polar Vivillon, and I live in Canada.

pix

I am on Route 8, should I have the second badge by now? I think i've been through a few towns but didn't see a gym.

Comandr

So has anyone determined if there is a point to having a "supremely trained pokemon" though super training? When I have that pokemon selected for training there is now a flexing torso icon with stars. Aaaand that's it. Just bragging rights? Is this my beauty ribbon?

What colour Vivillon have people been getting? I've heard that Vivillon colours are region specific. I have the navy blue Polar Vivillon, and I live in Canada.

I have the high plains pattern, and I live in Southern California, its like orange wings with Jamaica colors on the lower wings.

Team so far right before the 2nd gym

Quilladin level 23
Charmeleon level 23
Pidgeotto level 21
Tyrunt level 21
Sandile level 20
Bagon level 16 (Probably getting rid of)

already at 6 hours, damn I love this game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom