• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogiepop

Somewhere in the early-mid 20's he learns Shadow Sneak. I'm still waiting on a Steel attack at 31 though.

Psh, who needs a steel attack when you have aerial ace! (Seriously, considering the typings of the 3rd and 4th gyms that's pretty much all I've used with the thing thus far. And it's been working great!)

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I gotta say, I'm really enjoying playing Super Training to build up EVs. The gameplay is extremely simple, but I'm having a lot of fun.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
20 hours in, and I just now got my second badge.
This is how you gotta play the game...taking your sweet ass time...

Goddamn. What have you been doing? I thought I was taking my time and I just got the second Gym badge at 11 hours in.

FSLink

Banned
You find them in the red/yellow patches. I also seen a white Flabebe in a yellow patch of flowers later on in the game.

I found white in the early red/yellow flower patches too. I was using Sweet Scent so I'm not sure if that affects anything.

Mupod

Goddamn. What have you been doing? I thought I was taking my time and I just got the second Gym badge at 11 hours in.

I'm not at the second gym, but im around 17 hours because I've been breeding/training (and being Froakie Santa). To me that's what is fun about Pokemon and they made it easier this time around, so I might as well. Once my Froakie is EV trained I'm moving forward though.

Ok..just what the heck is O-power? I still don't understand it

They're little bonuses that you can give out to other players or to yourself (like increasing the catch chance). Each O-Power takes a certain amount of energy (those green circles at the bottom of the screen). If you apply it to yourself through the menu at the top of the touch screen, they usually take more energy; if you use it on a friend, it takes less energy.

At least that's how I understand it.

Played this game for almost 10 hours today. Honestly can't remember the last time I played a game for 10 hours in one day, and I'm not even that big of a Pokemon fan.

Jintor

Remove the last letter for a racial slur.

buf4-10p4.jpg

braves01

Banned
Ok..just what the heck is O-power? I still don't understand it

They're little boosts you can give to other online players or yourself that buff your attack, defense, exp gained after a victory, cash after victory, etc.

You can only use a few of them before you run out of energy to spend on them, but it recharges after several minutes. It's cheaper to use on other players than on yourself in order to encourage players to interact with one another. As you use a particular O power, it will eventually level up and have a greater effect.

Exploring, treasure hunting, Pokedex filling, trainer videos, attire changes...
I've been finding every item, talking to every NPC...

Just doing everything I can possibly do lol.

Mik317

Despite playing the last few Pokemon games...I still find myself sayig WTF is that???!?

So I can only imagine what it is like for people coming back into the fold now.

I really like that endgame Pokemon are now early game.

GamerSoul

I've only had a chance to play about an hour of it. Love it. There's so many Pokémon to choose from though lol I can't decide a team. I went with Chespin aka Maximus. :p

Seems like every Pokemon in my game is a male. Like, I've caught 14 Pokemon and 13 of them are male. I think I've only seen females in the wild maybe 4-5 times, and they're almost always after I've already caught the thing.

Kind of weird.

LegoArmo

I think so. I'm going to split mine between special attack and regular attack. I ended up going for a speed-boosting nature with negative special defense but I considered Rash instead.

Thanks, I got it first time, so I think I'll stick with it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not at the second gym, but im around 17 hours because I've been breeding/training (and being Froakie Santa). To me that's what is fun about Pokemon and they made it easier this time around, so I might as well. Once my Froakie is EV trained I'm moving forward though.

Can't hate on that!

zhorkat

Seems like every Pokemon in my game is a male. Like, I've caught 14 Pokemon and 13 of them are male. I think I've only seen females in the wild maybe 4-5 times, and they're almost always after I've already caught the thing.

Kind of weird.

Strangely enough, the 4 Pokemon that I'm actually using right now are all female, and the only one I tried to get as a female was the starter.

TheContact

I chose the water pokemon to start
so that I could choose Charizard later

Wasn't too interested in the grass pokemon although I think he's probably the strongest overall of the 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom