• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Oh man, when you trade with NPCs you can trade directly from the Box...game changer. I'm always too lazy to go get the Pokemon they want, too bad there doesn't seem to be a lot of in-game trades though.

Too bad you can't pick up gift Pokemon and send them to your Box though...like with WiFi Torchic you need to deposit a Pokemon first.

Mista Koo

The Froakie and Torchic lines mesh so well together :D
Although I'm a bit sad that my Squirtle is a bit redundant.

Got Vivillon (Sandstorm Pattern) due to Saudi region, awesome!

FSLink

Banned
So has anyone determined if there is a point to having a "supremely trained pokemon" though super training? When I have that pokemon selected for training there is now a flexing torso icon with stars. Aaaand that's it. Just bragging rights? Is this my beauty ribbon?

Effort Values, so it raised stats in certain categories depending on how you super trained it. There's plenty of guides of Effort Values on the web and why they're important. :p

DedValve

Banned
hey guys anyone got a female mareep or skrelp?

Don't got much to offer except my Braixen (male) and Bagon (female) and male ralts.

Comandr

What's up with the framerate during battles?

Man it chugs sometimes. Game freak said they weren't gonna be patching this game post launch. I really hope they patch some of these issues out. I have noticed serious stuttering in one on one, and obviously horde battles. I was pretty astonished to see it honestly. The 1v1s do NOT look like they would be pushing the hardware at all.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
To get super secret training you have to fill the bar on the right of your poke. Ergo, you need to get the Max EV points for your pokemon.

I think you have to clear all trainings once with any pokemon.

I meant at what level of the training games can I see the
aegislash
balloon?

Already have my quilladin at max.

Comandr

Effort Values, so it raised stats in certain categories depending on how you super trained it. There's plenty of guides of Effort Values on the web and why they're important. :p

I think you misunderstood my question. The process of super training is to increase your EVs. Once you cannot train any more your pokemon becomes "fully trained" but then you can complete 12 more courses to become "supremely trained" but there appears to be no physical changes to the pokemon undergoing training between fully and supreme.

How do you get there? Complete all the level 1 training?

You begin with the level 1 course. After clearing them with any pokemon. You unlock level 2. Same for level 3

To unlock secret training level 1, you need a pokemon with his EV maxed and all level 3 courses cleared (I think)

Sora_N

Don't really understand how super training works, I only see the +4 Def one now, how do I get other stats? EDIT: NVm got it! I'm gonna super train my Braixen now!

Also here's my haul, I had a longggg day. Just got up from passing out.

2013-10-12112402_zpsd029bf62.jpg

ramyeon

I'm a huge newbie to this whole EV training thing. What should I be training my Chespin in? Can anybody give me some suggestions?

Anyone know the rate on which Pikachus appear in Route 3? I found one after 3 encounters in the route without me knowing that it had a chance of showing up so I'm not sire if I had dumb luck or it's common

kiri

Just to double-check...when soft resetting for a shiny, do they appear on the selection screen or do you have to go through all the talking to get to the summary screen?

Sora_N

Actually I got a question about Super Training. If I remember correctly in the older games you got EVs by beating Pokemon that gave that stat. So is that entirely replaced with the super training?

MechaX

I actually picked up X with the mindset of not letting my OCD ruin the game (hence, why I couldn't really make it through Black/Ver 2 or D/P).

And naturally, I just spent the last hour resetting for starter with a good nature. After getting a female Froakie, I just said screw it (despite having a neutral nature).
Besides, probably going to roll Starmie and Absol post-game anyway.

jman2050

Oh god I just spent about an hour+
tweaking and editing my PR video to be the perfect 10 second vignette and I'm still not happy with it
somebody help me please.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Actually I got a question about Super Training. If I remember correctly in the older games you got EVs by beating Pokemon that gave that stat. So is that entirely replaced with the super training?

You can do both.

Caladrius

no. EV's are still distributed to all pokemon that gain experience from defeating an enemy. If you're really intent on not wasting points it's best to do super training for a new party member immediately.
I only have one pokemon left to do thank Goomy.

So I'm in Lumiose City, wondering why people would block pedestrian traffic because of a blackout. Then I realize that this game doesn't have a day/night cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom