• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butane123

I think I won the Poke lottery tonight. Decided to go with Fennekin, but didn't save at all before I got it.... got a Modest nature on the first try.

Just downloaded my Torchic, and got one with a Jolly nature.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
no. EV's are still distributed to all pokemon that gain experience from defeating an enemy. If you're really intent on not wasting points it's best to do super training for a new party member immediately.
I only have one pokemon left to do thank Goomy.

You can always reset it with the reset bag.

Yamauchi

Banned
1Nh0eQWl.jpg

Oh ma gawd...
Indeed he did

tumblr_m8jwrp27ge1qbe7n1o1_500.jpg

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
+ Redone Pokemon cries. They sound really good.

+ OMG character customization is cool

- OMG I'm constantly broke

- 3D framerate. What a shame.

I've already played for 6 hours and I'm only just past the big city. So far, I love it. It should get even better once I get past the early game fodder.

EDIT: The number of options avaialable for the PR videos is nuts. I am going to waste so much time there in the post-game.

FSLink

Banned
Means it's French, and you can't.

Keep in mind if it's a foreign Pokemon if it's the foreign normal name and it evolves, it'll change to your current region's name.

So like I had a Japanese Eevee with its Japanese name and evolving it to Sylveon, it now reads "Sylveon" in my English language game.

I have a female goomy, anyone knows which pokemon I can mate her with?

Probably in Dragon egg group...so Axew maybe?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Is there any good way to farm money pre-E4?

Black and White had the cool little Sport Stadiums...

Uh the games do have Day/Night.
Aesthetically, but I don't think there are any events reflecting that nor Pokemon you can only catch at a certain period anymore...

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Geez

How do you beat the Magneton super training? I have zero problems with any other one but this one I can't even get to the score requirement much less the time one.

DedValve

Banned
Keep in mind if it's a foreign Pokemon if it's the foreign normal name and it evolves, it'll change to your current region's name.

So like I had a Japanese Eevee with its Japanese name and evolving it to Sylveon, it now reads "Sylveon" in my English language game.

Probably in Dragon egg group...so Axew maybe?

Shoot! Any idea where I can get those?

Delio

Geez

How do you beat the Magneton super training? I have zero problems with any other one but this one I can't even get to the score requirement much less the time one.

It took me quite a while to get down the whole dodging of it's homing shots. ALSO make sure to do charged shots at it. Makes taking it down easier.

Ultimadrago

For breeders, would you say it's easier to simply breed for a nature rather than soft resetting for a wild Pokemon's nature? I'm trying to get an Adamant Honedge, but it's already rare in this area and I don't know how long I'll be here...

FSLink

Banned
Shoot! Any idea where I can get those?

Connecting Cave...after Route 7 I believe.

For breeders, would you say it's easier to simply breed for a nature rather than soft resetting for a wild Pokemon's nature? I'm trying to get an Adamant Honedge, but it's already rare in this area and I don't know how long I'll be here...

Yes, especially if you can get one of the parents to be adamant (or an Adamant Ditto). Then let it hold an Everstone and the Honedge baby will 100% be Adamant.

This is the shot in the arm Pokemon needed. It is such a refreshing experience compared to previous games. The 3d world really makes the game feel more alive and new.

Sanic

Are there no longer events that only take place on certain days of the week? I've not seen mention of the game keeping track of the week at all so far.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
It took me quite a while to get down the whole dodging of it's homing shots. ALSO make sure to do charged shots at it. Makes taking it down easier.

Yeah i switched to a pokemon with rapid fire and it was much easier

ramyeon

Thank you based GTS! Got a Fennekin for my Virillion! Guess people are wanting to collect these regional patterns so they're great trade fodder.

Phloxy

So quick questions, if I never played any previous games in the series will I enjoy this? And secondly, is the consensus that the game is really well made and fun?

-Horizon-

Beat the first gym. Fennekin evolved into Braixen. Flame Charge is an amazingly animated attack. Caught Riolu after however many pokeballs. Skates taking some time to get used to. Keeping experience share turned on.

So quick questions, if I never played any previous games in the series will I enjoy this? And secondly, is the consensus that the game is really well made and fun?
They're all beginner friendly, people looking for a challenge get into the competitive online battles, normal players can enjoy the regular single player game no matter the level of experience with Pokemon.

And after my 2 hours playing Pokemon X, yes this is a very good and well made game. As were the previous generations of Pokemon games.

How do you get "Game Chat" to work. My girl and I are friends and all options unlocked in Parental Controls but it is still dimmed and unclickable?

EDIT: found it,

Is there a benefit to having exp share off? I figured it was dividing the exp but then when I turned it off, my Kakuna ended up getting the same exp regardless.....

Not quite sure how it works. Cause now I feel like I should just always have it on.

Jaykay

So I ended up picking up Y today, and it's the first Pokemon game I've gotten this close to release since Gold I think. I'm only a few hours in, but I'm having a blast with it. As expected, if appears they've done a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom