• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good lord at what Pokémon Amie can do. I finally got my hands on an Eevee, and after an hour of minigames, petting, and feeding later, it suddenly is my best friend and it evolves into Sylveon. But now it's getting critical hits left and right apparently because of the massive affection.

Is this permanent? This seems waayyy to good to be true.

Busaiku

How do I get Rustling Grass in Route 6?
I've been running on safe ground for a while now, and it seems like the grass is too tall anyways.

So quick questions, if I never played any previous games in the series will I enjoy this? And secondly, is the consensus that the game is really well made and fun?
it's Nintendo. You're guaranteed a quality experience.
if you're into jrpgs with grinding and a collectathon, this is prime stuff. Plus meta-gaming this shit can get really deep.

also the creatures are adorable as fuck.

Headed to a birthday party... and not at all happy about it. I want to play Pokemon.

You're telling me. I've had it (my X copy) since Thursday evening but haven't been able to play too much. Busy weekend.

Finally got started tonight though. Friend code is 1736-0566-3303, PM me if added so I can add you back. Mostly going to be on my Y copy gotten from midnight launch and leave X for after I get to Y's endgame.

AzVal

is there only one chance for the Mega charizard X item? i am about to choose the Gen I starter, was going to get Bulbasaur as Combusken is my fire type, but then remembered that the Mega ChariXard is a version exclusive.
should I balance my team with a grass I dont have or take the exlusive Pokemon of the type I already have covered?

my game is halted until I decide. Help me decide GaF

Sora_N

is there only one chance for the Mega charizard X item? i am about to choose the Gen I starter, was going to get Bulbasaur as Combusken is my fire type, but then remembered that the Mega ChariXard is a version exclusive.
should I balance my team with a grass I dont have or take the exlusive Pokemon of the type I already have covered?

I'm gonna have a Delphox and Charizard on my team, fuck yeah ChariXard.

Yeah I'm kinda in the same boat. I feel like I need to stop progress until I get your same question answered and my question about exp share answered.

What's supposed to be in the circle of light in Reflection Cave?
It's 8:38pm PST so it can't be a Mega Stone unless it only shows up post E4.
Edit: Postgame Alakazamite found here

KLonso

For anyone who's done super training, does it notify you when you've maxed out the EVs for a particular stat, or should I still keep track of them?

jelmerjt

Hi guys,

Should I keep this Froakie? Female, Hasty, Often lost in thought.

VJgpe7J.jpg

_woLf

My Froakies characteristic is highly persistent, nature is naive. Is that okay? It's a female so kinda dont wanna reset....

Trey

For breeders, would you say it's easier to simply breed for a nature rather than soft resetting for a wild Pokemon's nature? I'm trying to get an Adamant Honedge, but it's already rare in this area and I don't know how long I'll be here...

Gotta catch an adamant something at some point, so you may as well do it now!

Regiruler

Wonder trade is bad.... BAD!!!

Don't put anything of significant value on it. It's meant to just increase exposure and gain acquaintances.
Hi guys,

Should I keep this Froakie? Female, Hasty, Often lost in thought.

VJgpe7J.jpg

You're EVs will be fucked up in the story playthrough (I know there is a bag that resets them but I have yet to find one). As long as it's female you should be able to breed more.

afoni

Banned
Done with my first day of play and I'm slightly ashamed of the time I've managed to spend on the game in a single day.

yami4ct

Want a double check, is it possible for the Kanto starters to be female? It's a long reset to get them, and I haven't seen a female yet. Also, are the ones he uses against you the ones you get? So, if he doesn't use a female version of what you want, are you free to reset?

niunhuiio

Is the music good in this game? I preordered X a long time ago and got it today but I don't have any headphones for my 3DS and I refuse to play X without them. I know I'm nuts.

Squall516

so wuts the best natures for the starters? I think my Fennekin is sassy (i know thats pretty bad but it was a female so i just kept it prob could get a diff one if i restart again) my chespin i think is impish and my froakie is hasty. Is that any good. I was also thinking of trying to grind and SRing to get a shiny froakie but you think it would be easier to just breed one?

FSLink

Banned
Want a double check, is it possible for the Kanto starters to be female? It's a long reset to get them, and I haven't seen a female yet. Also, are the ones he uses against you the ones you get? So, if he doesn't use a female version of what you want, are you free to reset?

Have 6 Pokemon before fighting him, and he can hold onto it, allowing you to soft reset. And yes they can be female/shiny.

DeVeAn

So, only 69 pokemon this time around? Gotta say, its noticeable. I seen and have most of these pokemon stacked across previous games. Don't feel like catching the same ones again ESPECIALLY since I plan to transfer them over in Dec.

Lenz44

Banned
I've been really enjoying this game so far. My friend code is 2809-8640-3222- send me a PM if you add me and I will add ya right back. Just got a 3DS so I'm hoping to get some Gafers to fill my friends list.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Don't put anything of significant value on it. It's meant to just increase exposure and gain acquaintances.

You're EVs will be fucked up in the story playthrough (I know there is a bag that resets them but I have yet to find one). As long as it's female you should be able to breed more.

super train right away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom