• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerity

Just beat the 4th gym and have fly, time to start properly building my team.

Jesus, the wait till the second gym is absurd.

Really wish the pacing was better.

Yeah, it's pretty unreasonable, especially given how close the 3rd and 4th gyms are together.

Squall516

You get the mega evo item as soon as you get the starter. The other Kanto starters' mega evo items can be bought later.

ahhh ok awesome, so then theres no need to worry about trying to restart and trade and do that all over again. So you can just get the other 2 from breeders and then buy the other 2 stones later on in the game. Thats great news thanks a lot :)

Majine

Banned
Yo, those blackouts in Lumiose City sounds like some Truman Show shit. They are letting other people through, and they are wearing casual clothes.

Aside from it taking way too long from the 1st to 2nd gym,

3rd gym is awesome. Also, is the
Lucario
Korrina gives you always Hasty?

Unbounded

Flying Electric? Lol. Zapdos. Emolga I suppose.

Flying/Water has at least the duck/swan evolution. You can pick one up near the fossil town.

Kinda figured it'd have to some to that. Not terribly fond of having to deal with a 4x electricity weakness though.

Oh well. Let's see how it goes, eh?

Kenai

Oh man suddenly my membership in Team Chespin is totally 100% justified.
Spiky Shield
is so incredibly amusing. I wonder if other Pokes get it.

In other news I have a ton of fully evolved Pokemon and I am only just not finishing the third gym. I am used to Pokemon games having a lot of content but this is something else here. There's a lot of side events I haven't messed with at all yet, and of course I haven't done any EV training or breeding or anything yet. I'm not sure if it's my GotY yet, but it certainly wins my bag-for-your-buck award of the year.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So..can HM's not be removed from Pokemon? Sorry if a dumb question, this is the first Pokemon game I've played in a while.

You have to go to the Move Deleter, an NPC. I don't know where he is though.

They do this so you won't Surf to an island somewhere, delete Surf, and get stuck.

jokkir

These two look the same

97Gi4N7.png

???

AzVal

Yeah I'm kinda in the same boat. I feel like I need to stop progress until I get your same question answered and my question about exp share answered.

anyone can srhed some insight?
how early can start breeding pokemons, anyone got a grass starter of any gen for trade?
I dont care about EV, personality or tings like that,
I am just torn between the choices for gen 1 starter

Teknoman

So..can HM's not be removed from Pokemon? Sorry if a dumb question, this is the first Pokemon game I've played in a while.

Yes, Move Deleter npc when you find them.

Gaf, this is my first venture back into pokemon and I've never heard of EV training, and I'm already an hour in after getting my kanto starter.

Do I gotta start over?

No, there are various ways to delete EVs, and this time its even easier to train for them.

In other news, just ran into a Honedge.

Pretty sure so you won't be gaining EVs for the rest of your Pokemon, so it's a way of controlling EXP/EV flow to your team.
Otherwise, go nuts and leave it on.

Benefits would be harder to keep team at same level artificially upping the difficulty and keeping unwanted EVs off your Pokemon.
Thank you guys
Not enjoying this game as much as I thought I would. Why is there only 8 directions when you have an analog stick? Also I notice just a general lack of polish in the battle scenes. The camera transitions aren't that smooth and they seem sudden. And the frame rate goes to below 20 FPS sometimes (to my eyes anyway, I don't know the exact numbers). Plus the lack of 3D is lazy.

I don't know, it doesn't feel very polished to me. They fixed some stuff but there's still a ton of obvious things they could've improved upon. I want to like it more. I'll try it again later.

The analog stick is used for the skates and that will feel a lot more proper since you aren't stuck to the grid.

jokkir

How does the Super Training thing work? If you complete it once you cant gain a bonus? Also, is it only to one of your Poke or all?

Mononoke

Banned
Yes, Move Deleter npc when you find them.

No, there are various ways to delete EVs, and this time its even easier to train for them.

In other news, just ran into a Honedge.

Alright. I made a very bad decision, and need to remove one =/ Screwing up my ability to learn moves. Fack.

Does anyone know where he's at in this game? I know most people are still playing.

traded inkay because he had swagger. got a mienfoo. was trying to capture him for awhile but i was too OP for the area and had cheap balls lol.

Gaf, this is my first venture back into pokemon and I've never heard of EV training, and I'm already an hour in after getting my kanto starter.

Do I gotta start over?

I wouldn't worry too much about it, at least not from what others are saying.

I'm probably completely screwing my EV's up, and I have no idea what the personality traits do. I just figure all that stuff is meta and is for the serious trainers that are probably gonna compete frequently.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
A tip for anyone that wants to seriously use their starter being off 1 ev point isnt that big of a deal, so catch the very first pokemon you see and start unlocking all the super training levels with it you have to do good on all of them I think in order to unlock the next set that awards more points doing this with your starter is an obvious waste. I have the rank 3 super training unlocked already and I havent even left the second patch of grass yet.
Oh god I'm spending more time in Super Training I'm still just after Luminose City lol
It's worth it in the long run honestly lol Not wasting any time later on releveling and grinding is good :p

Is there an ability FAQ for Frokie yet? I want to know if I should wait to evolve it now - I've been holding off, level 18 now - or if there's better abilities I can only get in his original form.

Heck, what's a good site for finding stuff like this out?

I bought Pokemon Y this afternoon on the eShop and I've been playing it on and off all day. This is my first Pokemon game since Yellow and I'm having a blast! Add me!

Teknoman

Is there an ability FAQ for Frokie yet? I want to know if I should wait to evolve it now - I've been holding off, level 18 now - or if there's better abilities I can only get in his original form.

Heck, what's a good site for finding stuff like this out?

Since the strat guide isnt out yet, its probably gonna be a little before that.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Is the GTS Globe anywhere in the game now that the GTS is a menu and not a building?

It'll be really easy to fill it with Wonder Trade.

Acrylic7

How in the fuck does Ex share work? Iv got guys in my group leveling up without it telling me how much xp is being distributed and whatnot.

I've done the first gym leader 8 times, and nothing more. Fucking love this game. I want Pokemon Z exclusive for the Wii U, this game is only a taste of how gorgeous a pokemon 3d game can be.

It's pretty cool reading all these posts of people really taking their time with the game and learning (or re-learning) the ins and outs of a Pokemon game. By mid-gen 3 I admit I mostly blazed through the main story and E4 of each game just to get to endgame. Looking forward to really spending some time with gen 6.

Kenai

Wow Honedge was so merciless against
Korrina's gym batle
it kind of hurt to watch. My Poke didn't even get damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom