• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busaiku

Does anyone know how to get the grass to rustle in Route 6?
It's super tall grass, which in Black 2 never rustled, no matter how many steps you took.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Ok, so ive finally got super training down. Used a reset bag on my Quilladin, then ev trained it in 45 minutes. This is the game of the forever. Seriously, super training is amazing.

And the 3d as well is absolutely amazing. I spent like an hour in the pokedex just checking out every pokemons 3d models.

8 hours in, and i still havent beat the second gym leader.... This game is just too good.

8 hours? I just beat the 2nd gym leader at ...
22 hours and currently 82 caught pokemon
. Almost managed to have a fully evolved
charizard
by then, haha. Before the second gym, crazy.

Omzz

After all those years of playing Pokemon all starting from Pokemon Blue, I still can't believe it has finally entered actual 3D. Long time coming. Loving this so much

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Can anyone here trade me the following pokemon if possible?

Ditto
Goomy
Aron
Skrelp
Honedge

If theyre female that would be REALLY helpful too! But I'll take what anyone can give me right now.

Stoof

I liked Black/Black 2 but man this game is amazing and I'm only a little bit past the first gym. The online components are surprisingly robust!

Forkball

Anyone find
Someone's PC
?

You mean the guy who runs it? I forget where he is exactly, but I think he's in one of the early towns. He's in a building and he looks like a punk. There should be a big server behind him. He doesn't really give you anything, but he tells you his named and it changes to his name after you talk to him.

The Lamp

Guys I've been playing Pokemon all day

How do I stop

It's really not even funny.

I have shit to do. I've bought good games all year. The Last of Us, GTAV, etc. I was able to stop all of them to take a breather or spend time with people and come back to it later. I was playing this till 5 AM last night and I played so much today I had to force myself to stop playing to eat.

I have tests next week and I don't know how to stop playing this to study. It's just so good. :(

The Lamp

I don't like the inconsistency in animation effort.
Arial Ace shows Farfetch'd actually approaching and slapping the enemy with his stick with a neat red streak effect.

Yet Double Kick (like when used by Combusken) has the Pokemon just vibrate up and down with no evidence of contact to the opponent.

Where do you get a new hairstyle at? and can you take the hat off?

Lumiose City.

GamerSoul

I didn't know that they were so rare. First combee I had was female.

I've seen only two in that early area so far. I did find one earlier but I ran out of pokeballs. I did manage to run into a Ralts, Budew a good amount times, and 3 colors of Flabebe while trying to find a female combee again.

AND Wonder Trade is freaking amazing. It's like a box of chocolates. Ahh fuck nevermind just got a Bidoof

Omzz

...i hate people who have shiny pokemon

Because I've played for a long time and I still haven't encountered even one :(

I don't like the inconsistency in animation effort.
Arial Ace shows Farfetch'd actually approaching and slapping the enemy with his stick with a neat red streak effect.

Yet Double Kick (like when used by Combusken) has the Pokemon just vibrate up and down with no evidence of contact to the opponent.

Lumiose City.
Cool just got there

Sakura

It sparkles when it comes out of the Pokeball and it is colored differently than a normal Pokemon. For example, Charizard is orange. Shiny Charizard is black. They're very rare, over a 1/8000 chance of encountering one.

Damn seriously? Those are pretty crazy odds. Do they have better stats or something or is it just visual?

Rflagg

I hope it ok to ask here as it is related to the new Pokemon, but is the 3ds really worth the extra $40. That 2ds price point makes it seem like I get Pokemon for free. :) I don't really care about losing 3d effect unless it makes the games a lot better.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
And bam, Elite 4 beaten.

Main was 83
Wonder Traded were 80 and 87
Own Pokemon were 67

Could have been a little higher too, but rushed Victory Road.

The Lamp

I hope it ok to ask here as it is related to the new Pokemon, but is the 3ds really worth the extra $40. That 2ds price point makes it seem like I get Pokemon for free. :) I don't really care about losing 3d effect unless it makes the games a lot better.

For this game, the 3D doesn't make things that much better. It's really nice if you like 3D, but the 3D is so disappointingly uncommon in the game and it sometimes makes the framerate go a bit slower. It really is a shame. I hope Z gets its 3D straight.

The 3D is off in this game anytime you are in the overworld, playing online multiplayer battles, or facing hordes or doing double battles and such, so that's a lot of the game.

Pau

Honestly, I've probably turned on the 3D for a total of an hour or two overall since I first bought the system at launch. But some people really like it.

QUICK BALL

Nice

My favorite Pokemon out of all I own is a shiny Nidorino from FireRed that my friend caught IN THE SAFARI ZONE (and traded to me because he's a bro). For reference, Nidoking is my all-time favorite Pokemon.

Jeez, talk about nerve-wracking shiny encounters.

Guess Who

Banned
For this game, the 3D doesn't make things that much better. It's really nice if you like 3D, but the 3D is so disappointingly uncommon in the game and it sometimes makes the framerate go a bit slower. It really is a shame. I hope Z gets its 3D straight.

The 3D is off in this game anytime you are in the overworld, playing online multiplayer battles, or facing hordes or doing double battles and such, so that's a lot of the game.

The depressing thing is there's a couple of parts in the overworld that were obviously designed with 3D in mind. Seems like they had to rush the game, couldn't get performance where they wanted it, and just turned off 3D for most of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom