• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
The Pokemon variety in this game is killing me. I want to train at least 10 and I can't make up my mind. I want to have Charizard, but its typing is gonna be the same as Talonflame's. I want a Pangoro, and a Lucario, and a Gallade, but those are all fighting. I want Vivillon and Ledian, but neither of them have good stats and both are bug-flying. And then there's 400+ Pokemon to choose from on top of those.

I swear, I've never been so conflicted about my party in a Pokemon game.

Just evolved the 3 of the 5 eevee's i caught on route 10 to jolteon, flareon, and vaporeon. How do you evolve into espeon, and umbreon again?

_woLf

My Froakies characteristic is highly persistent, nature is naive. Is that okay? It's a female so kinda dont wanna reset....

Asking this again since I didn't get any responses....I know nothing about this kind of stuff so I want to be sure it's at least decent, heh

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Seriously? That's absolutely amazing after the amount of time I wasted on EV training in previous generations. Making me contemplate getting back into competitive. Is breeding the same?

Not sure about breeding, but Secret Training is really fast vs. EV grinding

You know how to unlock level 4?

There's no level 4, rather there's Super Secret Regimen. You need to fully train (that is, max out EVs) of a mon. It will unlock the first secret training, and clearing it will unlock the next, etc. And it starts back at six level 1 sets, and I assume it goes to level 3 like before.

The Secret Trainings don't give stats but rather a bag + an item depending on the training, they're mostly evolution stones and such.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Just evolved the 3 of the 5 eevee's i caught on route 10 to jolteon, flareon, and vaporeon. How do you evolve into espeon, and umbreon again?

Happiness, basically walk and battle with them...it's separate from Amie.

Max Happiness at Day for Espeon, at Night for Umbreon.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
There's no level 4, rather there's Super Secret Regimen. You need to fully train (that is, max out EVs) of a mon. It will unlock the first secret training, and clearing it will unlock the next, etc. And it starts back at six level 1 sets, and I assume it goes to level 3 like before.

The Secret Trainings don't give stats but rather a bag + an item depending on the training, they're mostly evolution stones and such.

Ah ok thanks :D

fizzgigg

Banned
If you could they wouldn't have made pokemon box :p If you want the widest selection of pokemon with a game that can use box I would suggest white/black2

That doesn't make sense. Why do they make pokemon games and won't let you have all the pokemon gotta catch them all remember? What is box?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
That doesn't make sense. Why do they make pokemon games and won't let you have all the pokemon gotta catch them all remember? What is box?

Technically if Friend Safari is "unlimited", you could get all mons (probably barring the legendaries)

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Finally found an Orange Flabebe, now I can move on! Got my first three permanent members...

Guridon the Chespin
Ankh the Fletchling
Gaim the Flabebe

10 hours played and I still haven't reached the second gym yet. After skipping gen 4 and 5, I forgot what it was like to be completely engrossed in a Pokemon game. There are so many new features, and I know I've barely scratched the surface. I'm loving this so far.

Asking this again since I didn't get any responses....I know nothing about this kind of stuff so I want to be sure it's at least decent, heh

Naive raises Speed and decreases Special Defense (nature chart). For a handy shortcut to knowing what your Pokemon's nature does, look at the status screen. A stat colored in red is the increased stat, a stat in blue is decreased. If no stats are colored then it is a neutral nature with no increase or decrease.

Since you have a female you'll easily be able to breed one later on without a Ditto should you decide to make a competitive version. For going through the game's story it doesn't really matter what natures most of your team have so you shouldn't worry about restarting for good nature+female if you don't want to.

Should I get this as a Pokémon newcomer? Is it good?

I'm only about 2 hours into my copy (but I've played through all previous generations) and so far this game seems like a great beginning for newcomers to the series. The Pokemon games are just rpgs, nothing to be intimidated by at all.

AzVal

Yeah I'm kinda in the same boat. I feel like I need to stop progress until I get your same question answered and my question about exp share answered.
just found this on the Net, it seems you can gt a non-charmander and still get the Charizarite X:

Charizarite x: Lumiose City - Professor Sycamore's Laboratory (If Starter)
Lumiose City - Vernal Avenue Stone Emporium (If not Starter)

has anyone tried it?

Tygamr

Really? WTF... roller skates remove you from the grid. That's cool, but... why? Who's brilliant idea was it to go 'walking should be tied to the grid, but roller skates should not'. Doesn't make sense.

I am happy that I don't need to be tied to the grid and that I can use the circle pad for analog movement, but just why? I'm guessing the bike lets you move off the grid as well?

robot

First time I'm playing a Pokemon game, holy shit this is awesome. My kids are new to the series too, we all got Pokefever up in hea.

Why is there no way to disable the rollerskates other than using the dpad? I don't like them, or maybe I'm missing something

I just got them and was wondering the same thing - they're a pain in the ass.

The Lamp

Really? WTF... roller skates remove you from the grid. That's cool, but... why? Who's brilliant idea was it to go 'walking should be tied to the grid, but roller skates should not'. Doesn't make sense.

I am happy that I don't need to be tied to the grid and that I can use the circle pad for analog movement, but just why? I'm guessing the bike lets you move off the grid as well?

I think the bike stays on the grid, as seen in videos I saw.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So guys.

Immediately evolve my duoblade to
aegislash
? (also, do we still have to spoiler stuff like this?

Or wait a few levels for it to learn moves? Can stone evos learn moves this time?

Korosenai

Ok, so ive finally got super training down. Used a reset bag on my Quilladin, then ev trained it in 45 minutes. This is the game of the forever. Seriously, super training is amazing.

And the 3d as well is absolutely amazing. I spent like an hour in the pokedex just checking out every pokemons 3d models.

8 hours in, and i still havent beat the second gym leader.... This game is just too good.

GamerSoul

finally got a female combee..that took awhile. I don't know if I want to raise one just yet but her evolution was one of my favorite Gen 4 pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom