• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I have a Charmander.. I've decided to put the Torchic in the Box.

Going to level up this Whismur into an Exploud cause I love the way he looks :p

(You can also only have 1 Mega Evolution in your team, right?)

Inotti

I've tried to breed a female fennekin. After 30 eggs I only have box full of males. Did I miss something or is this just extremely bad luck? ._.

ramyeon

How are people getting Alakazam and Gengar on their teams so easily? Is there an alternate way to evolve Pokemon that used to only evolve when traded now?
Not sure what's hard about trading over Kadabra or Haunter anymore considering it can all be done via wifi :p

I found someone this morning on GAF to trade my Kadabra over to and then trade back, only took a minute.

Chris R

What would cause the 3D to be 100% disabled in game? Happened earlier and I don't know why. Even the 3D green light wasn't on unless I opened the 3DS menu (the slider would work then).

Crocodile

I've tried to breed a female fennekin. After 30 eggs I only have box full of males. Did I miss something or is this just extremely bad luck? ._.

All starters only have a 12.5% chance of being born female.So bad luck but not extraordinarily so (though I haven't actually done the math).

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Holy Squirtles!
I was going to slave away at getting a Ralts after I caught this Swalot; I already had a Gulpin so I Wondered it and got a Ralts. Lucky days.

Edit: and it has Pokerus

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What would cause the 3D to be 100% disabled in game? Happened earlier and I don't know why. Even the 3D green light wasn't on unless I opened the 3DS menu (the slider would work then).
Not that I mean to be dismissive, but is there really a desire to play the game in 3D when it throws the game into a single digit frame rate?

watershed

Banned

Large portions of this game are not in 3d. When you are in the world running around for instance. During these times even the 3d light switches off.

Fou-Lu

Team is currently Delphox, Absol, Doublade, Raichu, Venusaur and Axew.

Just beat the third gym. Feeling like my team isn't very balanced, plus I lack something to teach fly to. Thinking of replacing Raichu and Venusaur, though not sure with what.

FSLink

Banned
How to I evolve Eevee into Sylveon again? Max out Pokeamie with it?

What worked for me:

Have a fairy type move learned (Charm or Baby-Doll Eyes should work then) + Raise affection in Pokemon-amie to at least 2 hearts + level up

Happiness may or may not play a role...not sure. I can definitely confirm it's not full affection or just leveling with a fairy type move.

Team is currently Delphox, Absol, Doublade, Raichu, Venusaur and Axew.

Just beat the third gym. Feeling like my team isn't very balanced, plus I lack something to teach fly to. Thinking of replacing Raichu and Venusaur, though not sure with what.

Your team looks really solid actually, and imo it's best to just teach Fly to something you hardly ever use. It's an okay in-game move, but it's not too difficult to just stick it in a box unless you need it (or just run 4/5 Pokemon with a HM Fly slave)

Fou-Lu

Your team looks really solid actually, and imo it's best to just teach Fly to something you hardly ever use. It's an okay in-game move, but it's not too difficult to just stick it in a box unless you need it (or just run 4/5 Pokemon with a HM Fly slave)

That's true! Though I do feel like I will have a hard time dealing with my friend's Charizard when we have our traditional post Elite 4 duel.

FSLink

Banned
That's true! Though I do feel like I will have a hard time dealing with my friend's Charizard when we have our traditional post Elite 4 duel.

If anything I'd personally drop Absol on your team for a good water type (Staryu/Starmie if you have X?) for coverage but that's just me.

Mephala

Sorry for asking a question I'm sure has been covered somewhere my dumb ass can't seem to find. I'm about to make a purchase but I don't know if I want X or Y. I'm not really the sort to judge a game by its cover, I'd like to know a little bit about their differences. I haven't played since Pokemon Red. Any help will be appreciated.

my current setup after the 7th gym is:
Charzard -mega
Gengar -mega
Tyrantrum
Greninja
Garchomp
Abomasnow - mega

I want pupitar but i have the X version. TRADEE MEEE :))

FSLink

Banned
Sorry for asking a question I'm sure has been covered somewhere my dumb ass can't seem to find. I'm about to make a purchase but I don't know if I want X or Y. I'm not really the sort to judge a game by its cover, I'd like to know a little bit about their differences. I haven't played since Pokemon Red. Any help will be appreciated.

Slightly different plot and exclusive Pokemon.
http://www.serebii.net/xy/exclusives.shtml

Honestly it's okay if you just pick one with a cooler cover, since online trading makes exclusives pretty moot.

FSLink

Banned
The city where you get your second starter is annoying to navigate

Agreed. Not a fan of the camera angle...and annoyed by the constant "You aren't allowed to go past here due to blackout" messages. Maybe it's better when I can go wherever I want.

Inotti

Why didnt you just SR the starter?

Because I chose Froakie as my starter. I ued GTS to get female Fennekin for breeding another Female Fennekin (I wanted non traded pokemon for my team). Only reason why I want female Fennekin is because the final form looks too feminine to be male. :D This is just harder than I thought...

How the hell do I catch Snorlax? I can kill this thing so easily so I've got nothing to hit him with once he's down below 10%. Paralyzed him and used an ultra ball and that didn't work.

Up + AB didn't work either

FSLink

Banned
How the hell do I catch Snorlax? I can kill this thing so easily so I've got nothing to hit him with once he's down below 10%. Paralyzed him and used an ultra ball and that didn't work.

Up + AB didn't work either

You don't have the False Swipe TM? Grab it from one of the researchers in Professor Sycamore's Lab.

How is everyone breeding starters? I never really bred Pokemon, but don't starters require Dittos?

If they're in the same egg group as another Pokemon, you can use a female starter + male Pokemon in same egg group to get eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom