• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernoca

Well, while waiting for my Amazon copy of X...

Got Y! :p

Decided to use Froakie as my main in Y (Chespin was always for X), and got Pikachu already (my fave still, well..2 a female and a male).

Playing it on the 2DS. Really enjoying everyrthing at the moment.

Mako_Drug

Only things I'm not feeling about this game is the schizophrenic 3D implementation and the fact everything is just given to you. Here's your starter, and a classic starter, what about a Torchic? Oh and here's a
Lucario
and a
fossil poke'
and a
Lapras
why not? and I'm only ten hours in. A lot of it feels like it should be late game stuff that should have to work to get to.

The way exp share is streamlined is for the better but only serves to make the game feel more 'on rails' so to speak.

Inotti

Yes, I can give away male fennekins. I don't give away eggs at the moment because I'm still hoping that one the eggs is going to give me female fennekin. :D Just add my friend code and give me yours. 3394-3650-2720

Forkball

HOLY SHIT I CAUGHT A SHINY SIGILIYPH

I have never seen a shiny Pokemon outside of Red Gyrados and I've been playing Pokemon since Red/Blue.

antonz

heh found a localization goof up i think. Just before route 12. one of the NPCs when you talk to them speaks in german even when everyone else is english

W1SSY

Yes, I can give away male fennekins. I don't give away eggs at the moment because I'm still hoping that one the eggs is going to give me female fennekin. :D Just add my friend code and give me yours. 3394-3650-2720

I would love a fennekin if you are wiling to trade. I could trade an egg for the water starter if you need it.

My fc is 2895-7483-8126

Busaiku

Man, I'm nearing 13 hours and I think I've still got quite some time till the 2nd gym.
Getting every Pokemon along the way sure is time consuming.

At least I got a Shiny Abra and maxed out Pikachu's stats (who has a great nature, with 31 Speed IVs).

This game's been going just fine.

K-mart has a 25% off coupon on ANY 3DS game. You'll need a smartphone to do this (credit to htz from CAG):

Steps to get coupon:
  • Text GAME to 73277
  • Reply GAME1
  • Visit the link provided in the message
  • Claim offer and show the serial barcode to cashier
Disclaimer:
Cannot combine with any other coupon for the same item(s) and cannot double. Limit (1) Kmart coupon per transaction. Not valid on BOGO; prior and online purchases; partial-paid special order items; Lands’ End; Scrubology; Sears merchandise; if copied, transferred or obtained through unapproved channels and where prohibited. Coupon value pro-rated across all qualifying items; including qualifying items purchased in addition to the minimum requirements or limits and will be deducted from any refund. Cash value 1/20¢.

Linius

I have Kadabra in my team and I'd love an Alakazam somwhere down the line. But can anyone tell me if it's recommended to get Alakazam as soon as possible or if it's more wise to level up Kadabra for a while first? I was wondering if it will influence it's stats.

Wonder Trade is both the fucking worst, hilarious, supremely awesome addition to the series I'm laughing my ass off at all the Japanese Bidoofs/caterpies being traded to me only to trade over and over to receive some good Pokemon like Seviper, Smeagle, Kadabra etc.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Hold on, let me devise a better catching method and get you one.
GTS Dittos are asking for crazy things though.

Also hatched 3 Fennekin eggs, 2 are female if people are interested.

FSLink

Banned
Wonder Trade is both the fucking worst, hilarious, supremely awesome addition to the series I'm laughing my ass off at all the Japanese Bidoofs/caterpies being traded to me only to trade over and over to receive some good Pokemon like Seviper, Smeagle, Kadabra etc.

I think a Wonder Trade only run would be pretty hilarious.

Trey

Cutscene, having to choose your Nickname, Pokedex received...not surprised they didn't. It's pretty tedious. Luckily I got an Adamant Chespin after a few resets.

Someone didn't play Platinum.

As far as soft resetting for starter goes, it's about as tedious as Gen 1, which wasn't bad at all.

Busaiku

I have Kadabra in my team and I'd love an Alakazam somwhere down the line. But can anyone tell me if it's recommended to get Alakazam as soon as possible or if it's more wise to level up Kadabra for a while first? I was wondering if it will influence it's stats.

It doesn't matter either way.
They level up the same way, and they learn moves at the same levels

Kamina

Golden Boy
Anyone willing to trade Chraizardite Y with my X?
I Like the Y-Charizard better...

And does anyone know how to take of hats?

AngelFire

Neo Member

Thank you!! I'll giv him a good home!!

vanty

How the hell do I catch Snorlax? I can kill this thing so easily so I've got nothing to hit him with once he's down below 10%. Paralyzed him and used an ultra ball and that didn't work.

Up + AB didn't work either
I got it down to maybe 5%, was paralyzed and took I think 3 great balls to catch. I think I just kept using Pikachu quick attack to do little by little damage and it was unable to move like 80% of the time.

zoukka

Ok they have done some work on the series.

The good: everything is fast, you get shit done quickly, move quickly, you get the essential traversal/social items very early. Explosive start compared to the previous pokemon.

The bad: It's easy. Exp.share makes your whole team monstrous so quickly and the pokemon learn actual good moves very early. (well that's a good thing obviously, but not balanced with the difficulty of the game)

Game is gotg material :b

This got buried last time I asked, but can you switch freely back and forth between languages throughout the game, or are you stuck with whatever language you choose when first prompted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom