• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inotti

Someone didn't play Platinum.

As far as soft resetting for starter goes, it's about as tedious as Gen 1, which wasn't bad at all.

But you know, I already soft reseted a right natured froakie. I decided later that I laso wan't female fennekin. Can't soft reset 'em all with one game you know. :p

Jintor

I feel like XP Share is maybe a little too generous with its XP for all, but hell, I guess I can't complain when I'm abusing it so badly lol

FSLink

Banned
Someone didn't play Platinum.

As far as soft resetting for starter goes, it's about as tedious as Gen 1, which wasn't bad at all.

I got lucky with Platinum (and definitely played that game to death, finished the dex for the first time since Red/Blue, lol)

And Gen 1/Gen 3 remakes you could just save in front of the Pokeball, and check it right after.

Proc

New player here. Just had to bump out a skill for my pokemon. Is there a way to re learn a forgotten skill in this game? I hope I don't mess up my build too badly so early on.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I feel like XP Share is maybe a little too generous with its XP for all, but hell, I guess I can't complain when I'm abusing it so badly lol

I just turn it on when I want everybody to get back to a somewhat even level, then turn it off when I feel that the levels are becoming unbalanced.

Milennia

New player here. Just had to bump out a skill for my pokemon. Is there a way to re learn a forgotten skill in this game? I hope I don't mess up my build too badly so early on.

Yep dont worry, there is a move reminder woman in the game, you need to pay her using items called heart scales.

vanty

This got buried last time I asked, but can you switch freely back and forth between languages throughout the game, or are you stuck with whatever language you choose when first prompted?

When you choose the language at the start is says you can't change it later on. I guess it's because of different Pokemon names or something.

What ? How can you ask something like that then ask for proof? You should have asked google then.

You dont know what youre talking about. Togepi was listed as fairy but no one had physical evidence. So i asked the question again and asked for proof to see if physical evidence finally materialized. Hell, if you look at bulbapedia it is still listed as a normal type.

AngelFire

Neo Member
You dont know what youre talking about. Togepi was listed as fairy but no one had physical evidence. So i asked the question again and asked for proof to see if physical evidence finally materialized. Hell, if you look at bulbapedia it is still listed as a normal type.

Ok to be fair i might have jumped the gun on that one. However, there are multipule sources to check these things.

L.O.R.D

pQ9a8gm.jpg

it cost me 200 SR ( 53 $ )
this game is like COD...but for 3DS
people will buy this game like drugs

The bad: It's easy. Exp.share makes your whole team monstrous so quickly and the pokemon learn actual good moves very early. (well that's a good thing obviously, but not balanced with the difficulty of the game)
Less of a problem with EXP Share itself and more to do that Pokemon has always been much easier if you power leveled a single pokemon over balancing the levels of an entire team and that fact is brought to light much more clearly now that you don't have to juggle Pokemon as much anymore.

Mik317

So I'm trying to get a Sylveon.

and it takes for fucking ever for an Evee to show up.

Finallly shows up..

Doesn't know a fairy move.

fuck life.

When is the next fairy move it learn or is there an early TM i can get.?

Cerity

I feel severely overleveled. My Pokemon are just about level 30 and I haven't even hit the second gym yet.

It's factored into the games progression, usage of expshare means your pokemon won't be as strong as they would be if you didn't use it in general. Though if you spent time in super training that's another thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom