• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemisia

Banned
omg there is a reset bag in the super training game. It resets the EVs of the Pokemon who uses it back to 0. I can start Braixen's training from scratch. I won't need to breed another one.

tumblr_ml252mhGRm1qedlsro1_250.gif

Ibuki

Banned
I just got a Japanese Chespin for my Hippopotas.... I love you random person.

EDIT: and it is Adamant.. wtf just happened?

Korosenai

So, did anyone else here ev train their Chesnaught? What kind of evs and nature did you give it? I went with Jolly nature, 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 defense.

Gregorn

Can't decide if I want a modest charmander or not. Charizard X has higher attack, but do I want him to always be in mega form?

Would keeping the attack and Sp attack balanced be a good idea?

Artemisia

Banned
So, did anyone else here ev train their Chesnaught? What kind of evs and nature did you give it? I went with Jolly nature, 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 defense.

Chesnaught as 70 base speed. I'm not sure if that's enough to build from to make maximizing his speed preferable over maximizing his bulk.

I suppose that depends on what kind of role you want him to play.

dc89

Can't decide if I want a modest charmander or not. Charizard X has higher attack, but do I want him to always be in mega form?

Would keeping the attack and Sp attack balanced be a good idea?

Mega forms are only present in a battle and when you trigger them.
After battle they revert to normal form.

Forkball

I really like how there are so many Pokemon in the wild. In this one patch of grass, I've found four different Pokemon in four battles.

Just beaten the Power Plant. Really like the Team Flare battle theme!

Current team:
Pidgeot lv42
Charizard lv42
Tyrantrum lv43 (fave)
Greninja lv41
Lucario lv39

Dropped the last spot to do some egg hatching, got Blaziken and Raichu fairly high level if i need 'em!

Also, the GTS so far is really great. Managing to trade exclusives to and fro fairly easily.

Kiraly

Man, I got really bummed out after the second visit to Lumiose city.

What an absolute fucking horrible city to navigate through.

ugoo18

For Super training is the effort meter meant to be at it's max to show the pokemon has max ev's?

For my torchic i went 4hp 252atk 252spe but there is still a little unfilled bit at the top of the effort meter.

For Super training is the effort meter meant to be at it's max to show the pokemon has max ev's?

For my torchic i went 4hp 252atk 252spe but there is still a little unfilled bit at the top of the effort meter.

I got a notice for it with Tyrantrum. You should also unlock new super training levels once you have max'd a pokemons effort values i think.

Stulaw

The most disappointing thing about this game so far is Combusken's Double Kick animation, it looks like the animators grabbed the model, pulled it up a bit, added a key frame, and then put it back in position again.

My 3DS FC is 4768-7519-9584.

Robin64

Just about to enter Gym 7.

My team at the moment:

Delphox (56)
Blastoise (51)
Lucario (48)
Pikachu (47)
Pidgeot (47)
Lapras (44)

ugoo18

I got a notice for it with Tyrantrum. You should also unlock new super training levels once you have max'd a pokemons effort values i think.

Is there any other way of finding out which specific stats are maxxed?

In W2 you could call someone if i remember correctly, is it the same for Y?

XaeonBE

Like the game so far...

But the laggs in battles with 3D on are huge.
Hope they get that fixed in the next game... The menu's etc are way better than before.

Pirabear

Banned
Kinda confused with how Super Training works. Do you get the stat boost through the soccer mini-game, punching bag, or both? Can you just do them continuously until you max out the stat you want?

Artemisia

Banned
Kinda confused with how Super Training works. Do you get the stat boost through the soccer mini-game, punching bag, or both? Can you just do them continuously until you max out the stat you want?

Both. Doing them back to back makes things faster.

There are also 3 levels of the super training games; each level is unlocked by completing the game for each stat once.

NZerker12

I need some advice, is it worth me evolving my
doublade
holding an evolite into an
aegislash
. Are stats increase in evolving it better than the benefits of evolite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom