• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Buni

Laverry City looks awesome and the music is so great. The 6th Gym is cute as heck and the trainers inside (Furisode Girls) are awesome, not only they look extremely cute, but one of them almost defeated me with a fucking Azumarill. By the way, the
Ghost House
part was quite funny. This game is giving me major Persona 4 vibes,
which is awesome, since Persona 4 is the best RPG ever.

Question: Where can we change the hair style? Not a fan of my character's long hair, I prefer the shorter ones.

ZZMitch

Does anyone know if the Pokedex feature from Black/White where you could see if you have caught all Pokemon in an area is in X/Y? I can't find it!

10 years since i played a pokemon game yo.

so far does the game still have that feel or exploration/ doing certain tasks to open newer locations (like a crush move to move rocks etc) like in the old games? or is it more streamlined now?

Pollux

So, I just beat the gym leader in Laverre City and was wondering how my line up was looking...

Charizard - lvl 44
Greninja - lvl 43
Tyrantrum - lvl 43
Lucario - lvl 41
and leveling up:
Skiddo - lvl 20
Snorlax - lvl 25

Are there any adjustments that I should make?

I had both Charizard and a Talonflame but I left the Talonflame in the PC since they're both flying/fire.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I assume the GTS doesn't send you a message when someone trades for your pkm?

SuperSah

Banned
Okay, so my impressions of X so far:

- The graphics are indeed amazing. Pokemon are vibrant as hell.
- GTS is so much better, you can actually search for anything
- Voice chat over online battles rock
- Can communicate with people even in offline game
- So much online goodness
- Gameplay is refined to a T

I also got Vivillion! Got the UK colour.

Berordn

Does anyone know if the Pokedex feature from Black/White where you could see if you have caught all Pokemon in an area is in X/Y? I can't find it!

Nope. Habitat List was implemented by the remake team in B2/W2, so naturally it's fallen to the wayside.

AngryMoth

My plan was to wait for a hypothetical Pokemon Z but that was a fairytale because as soon as I saw people talking about it I went out and bought X.

Living it so far. Anytime they do a fancy camera move reminding me the game is now in full 3D i get a big grin on my face. I am rolling with Froakie, Torchic, Bulbasaur and Pikachu at the moment. Hoping there is a good flying pokemon in this game.

disco

This is my first Pokemon game and I must say it seems kind of shoddy... The lack of 3D effect in the large majority of the game is just bad. I always look forward to the effect in 3DS titles. Plus the occasional frame rate slowdown in battles is just bad. This is worse than Dreamcast quality graphics wise and yet it can't manage 3D nor a consistent frame rate... It makes me wonder how tied to Nintendo Pokemon actually is... I'm sure if Iwata was helming this it would have so much more polish. Even the lower screen menu icons are too small, look like ass and are in awkward places...

Other than those things - I quite like the game. :p

ramyeon

Huh? Just randomly started pouring down rain outside Geosenge Town. Didn't know this was a thing.

Pretty cool that during rain the touch screen panels on the bottom have a water effect as if the rain drops were falling on it haha.

Berordn

Huh? Just randomly started pouring down rain outside Geosenge Town. Didn't know this was a thing.

Pretty cool that during rain the touch screen panels on the bottom have a water effect as if the rain drops were falling on it haha.

Random weather's been a thing since Gen 3, but it seems to be way more common now than it used to be.

Ultimadrago

Any nice training areas before the second gym? I only have 3 "battle" Pokemon friends and I don't think they'll be enough.

Lvl. 23 Braixen
Lvl. 23 Combusken
Lvl. 13 Honedge (Want to get them to Doublade sooner than later)

ugoo18

Where your Trainer PR vids at?

It is full EVs. Maybe you neglected something?

Yeah, Tyrunt are fast strong attackers.

Yeah i did, i saved and used the white punching bag to reset my ev's and see how much i was sitting on. My attack was only on 214.

All fixed now.

ivysaur12

Banned
I just wanted to check to make sure it's still the same... Gallade still learns moves after he levels up, ya? Nothing's been changed between gens? Yay Dawn Stone!

Forkball

The gap between the first and second gem is pretty huge and there's not a Pokemon center for a while (though there are some people who will heal you up). The 3rd and 4th gyms are pretty close to each other though.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I'm going in blind and don't want to spoil anything. My copy of Y is in the mail. I just want to know, squirtle, is he in the game and if so how easy to get? All I want is a damn squirtle.

Randdalf

Damn, this psychic cave is kicking my butt. I don't think it was the best idea to go in with my reserve team, Honedge is getting some sweet levels though.

HYCYtIv.jpg

That'll do Carnivine.

Mupod

What the hell, everything I try to get on the GTS has 'already been traded'.

Well, I managed to hatch another couple of female Froakies so hopefully I can get a starter or two for them.

Sadist

Me after fourteen hours of play;

hD21ED1C1

Seriously, the amount of Pokémon available is insane. I can't stop catching. Haven't reached the third gym yet
the bitch almost kicked my ass with her surprise attack but thanks to good old Charmeleon I'm good
and I already caught over 60(!) mons. Saw 120+ I believe. Damn, insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom