• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

Some help from the more EV knowledgeable Pokéfans:

I have a blank Aegislash. Need some ideas for EV training this thing.

According to the research so far, I went with Attack/Speed like any physical sweeper.

You could go Attack/(Sp)Def to capitalize on both its forms. I've also seen people pull Attack/HP which sounds decent as its base HP isn't grand. So yeah, I went with Attack (since many of its natural attacks are physical) and Speed (the mediocre important stat it has that doesn't change with stances).

According to the research so far, I went with Attack/Speed like any physical sweeper.

You could go Attack/(Sp)Def to capitalize on both its forms. I've also seen people pull Attack/HP which sounds decent as its base HP isn't grand. So yeah, I went with Attack (since many of its natural attacks are physical) and Speed (the mediocre important stat it has that doesn't change with stances).

Hmm. Speed doesnt matter though. It starts out the battls in def stance and has access to shadow sneak. And king shield negates the opponent attacking first.

I don't see any point in trying to make Aegislash faster since it's slow as crap. Hell wouldn't it be detrimental, considering its ability?

Yep. I finally settled with a nature that boosts attack and lower speed. And full evs in hp and attack. King shield and the fact that it begins battles in def form negates the need for speed.

Does anyone have Pokerus? I would really like to have it. Not sure what I can offer in return, but let me know if you need anything.

2105-8659-1049

jokkir

I made the greatest PR video. Full of suspense and full of nothing
KuGsj.gif

kewlmyc

I've been doing Special Training for an hour and my pokemon's stats are still the same. Even after leveling up a few times, nothing has drastically changed unlike previous games' EV training. I just don't get it.

I maxed out the meter and fully-trained my pokemon by just upgrading one base stat...

I did it wrong didn't I? :lol

Am I supposed to keep count of how many EV points I put in to each stat?

How can you enable game chat. I try from options and it says something about parental control

You need to disable parental controls from the 3DS main menu's options. They're on by default (because Nintendo), as many people discovered when trying to get Dream Suite numbers in Animal Crossing.

Sol1dus

So I beat the first gym and no I'm at some
cliff thing and I can see the coast under me.
where do I go? I can't find where I'm supposed to go. :p

Mupod

Does super training add "+4" evs or does it add +4 to a stat which would be the equivalent of 16 EVs?

All the numbers in super training are referring directly to EVs, so the former. However there's higher level training that gives 8 or 12 to a stat, and of course punching bags. I actually did a lot of my EV training while driving back and forth to hatch some eggs, just tapping away on bags.

decaf

Where do I go to edit my online profile? I've see quite a few people already have one set up - did I miss speaking to an NPC about it?

RomanceDawn

How do I turn on Street Pass with this game. It has something to do with miles right? Or is it something that's just automatically on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom