• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheExodu5

Banned
So what's the deal with the Exp. Share? How much of the exp gets shared? Does it reduce the exp you gain on the main pokemon as well?

Just passed the first gym, and I haven't used any pokemon but my Chespin at this point.

So what's the deal with the Exp. Share? How much of the exp gets shared? Does it reduce the exp you gain on the main pokemon as well?

Just passed the first gym, and I haven't used any pokemon but my Chespin at this point.
Nope. In fact switching out does not reduce the EXP either. That along with catching giving EXP means you can level up very quickly.

Gut feeling is EVs are not shared (my EVs seem a bit on the low side).

SuperPac

Where can I find myself a Pikachu? Just finished the second gym badge, playing X.

Also, anywhere I can get some better water Pokemon than Luvdisc at this point?

Sorian

Banned
Wonder trade is awesome. Between getting xp for capturing pokemon and wonder trade, I have no reason to not catch everything I see. Then send the dupe into the void and after 2-3 shots, I usually see something new. (Yes, I've sent in my share of scatterbugs but hey, I've also sent in quite a few female Ralts.

hodgy100

Just finished the 4th Gym my current party stands:
Frogadier: Lvl 34
Veanusaur: Lvl 38
Pikachu: Lvl 32
Pigeotto: Lvl 33
Litleo: lvl 34
Tyrunt: Lvl 34

Its a great game I'm really enjoying the pacing of it.

Omzz

Is Exp. Share a disadvantage for the Pokemon receiving the exp from it? I mean from what I know since they aren't the ones fighting, doesn't that affect EV's and in turn make them weaker? If that's the case I'm thinking of turning it off

Where can I find myself a Pikachu? Just finished the second gym badge, playing X.

Also, anywhere I can get some better water Pokemon than Luvdisc at this point?

Santalune Forest. I've heard that they're rare but I didn't have much trouble. I don't think you can get any other Pokemon other than Luvdisc with the Old Rod but I'm probably wrong.

Sorian

Banned
Is Exp. Share a disadvantage for the Pokemon receiving the exp from it? I mean from what I know since they aren't the ones fighting, doesn't that affect EV's and in turn make them weaker? If that's the case I'm thinking of turning it off

Super training. If you are still trying to get EVs from fights then you are doing it wrong.

Mupod

Well, you could super train your guys to max EVs before turning on the exp share and it won't have any detrimental effects. But if you're not training them for specific stats anyways, you're going to end up with a random spread whether you use exp share or not. At least now you can always hit the reset bag later on.

NeOak

GAF, I got Y yesterday, but got sidetracked and ended up playing MH3U.

Did I lose anything for not starting the game yesterday?

ramyeon

Are we talking about a random encounter here or when you come across him in the story?

If its the latter I should have kept trying, if its the former where did you find them please?
In the story. It is definitely catchable. The dialogue after with the poke flute guy even changes to mention that you caught it.

Zafir

Yeah I managed to catch the Snorlax on the first try. Broke out of great balls but happened to have a ultra ball a npc gave me and caught it with that.

Best Natures for these pokes?

Chesnaught: Careful (boosts poore Sp. Def and lowers poor Sp. A). Evs: 252 atk/252 spd. I mean this thing is a tank so no use boosting its speed, right?

Honedge: Any nature that boosts its attack and decreases its speed due to aegislash's ability. EVS: 252atk/252 def.

Clauncher: Timid (defenses are already great and special atk is sky high). EVs: 252 def/ 252 Sp. Def to maximize tank potential.

Slyveon: Modest (Sp. Atk boosts and lower attack). EVs: 252Sp. Atk/ 252 defense. Its sp. Def is already godly.

Goomy: Relaxed (boosts def lower speed). EVs: 252atk/252 def to make it an offensive and defensive powerhouse.

Delphox: Modest with full evs in special attack and speed.

Sorian

Banned
I really am. I don't even know about some of these features lol. How do I access super training?

As someone said above, the arrows in the top left and right corner of the bottom screen. I haven't played around with it yet because it seems easy to reset EVs in this game and I'll wait till post game but if you go in there, I believe you will find that only the defense mini-game is unlocked. You need to complete that one to unlock the next stat and so on so just grab a mon you don't care about and unlock everything on that one.

Draconian

Is anybody else going to start watching the anime again? It's been a long, long time, but I'm looking forward to it next Saturday, as well as the last movie.

Some help from the more EV knowledgeable Pokéfans:

I have a blank Aegislash. Need some ideas for EV training this thing.

Haha see my post.

Edit: you could also go with a nature that minimized its special attack and boosts its speed. Then do 252hp/252 spd. This things attack and defense are already sky high. Hp evs only solidifies its tank potential.

HuntTheMusic

Neo Member
He broke out of my ultraball while on 3 HP and confused.

Arrrrgghhhh stupid Snorlax.

Has anyone picked up a pokemon with the fairy ability moonlight yet? Its great.

Dr. Buni

I finally found a goddamn Skrelp! Now I finally have more than three Pokémon in my team.

Delphox 40
Aromatisse 39
Doublade 38
Skrelp 25

Now to catch a
Phantump
!

Sorian

Banned
I finally found a goddamn Skrelp! Now I finally have more than three Pokémon in my team.

Delphox 40
Aromatisse 39
Doublade 38
Skrelp 25

Now to catch a
Phantump
!

Did you decide that you liked Delphox now? I went MIA after you were talking about resetting yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom