• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain to me, or point me to an explanation of the whole training stuff (punching bags, mini games) and the other thing where you can pet your pokemon and talk to it and stuff?

T.O.P

Banned
mmmmh weird, i gave my charizard the Carizardite X but it doesn't work, and the option while fighting is greyed out...is there something i'm missing?

@i already have the ring

Caladrius

I've been doing Special Training for an hour and my pokemon's stats are still the same. Even after leveling up a few times, nothing has drastically changed unlike previous games' EV training. I just don't get it.

What level are they at? IIRC Stat differences don't really become apparent up until you get to at least the 50's. 4 EVs are a 1 point difference at level 100. When they're low leveled It takes more EV's per point. (They're still going to be 64 extra points at 100, it's just that the game applies the stat bonuses over time.)

How does ExpShare work? Do you get less experience from the main Pokemon if you turn it on?

No. EXP share just automatically gives 50% of the EXP awarded from an opponent to all your party members. No division. I.E.
Enemy gives 300 EXP
300 EXP to all pokemon who went into battle against it.
150 EXP given to every other member

Caffeine

How does ExpShare work? Do you get less experience from the main Pokemon if you turn it on?

each team pokemon gains half xp from battle

You can only use one Mega Evolution per battle, had you evolved someone else?
this and if u mega evolved at it died and then revived u can not mega evolve it again only once per battle even if its the same pokemon.

rando14

each team pokemon gains half xp from battle

Haha new Exp Share is so weird! I got my main 4 sharing fights, and then my HM slaves just about the same level despite never seeing battle lol. I have a level 30 diggleby sitting in my party that's never done anything!

Too many damn team options.

I'm currently rocking:

Frogadier
Floette
Pikachu
Litleo
Pancham
Fletchinder

Floette is my least favorite but she's not weak. I want Snorlax and Abra in my life. But who to take out? :(

T.O.P

Banned
Haha new Exp Share is so weird! I got my main 4 sharing fights, and then my HM slaves just about the same level despite never seeing battle lol. I have a level 30 diggleby sitting in my party that's never done anything!

pretty much, turned it off after a bit, i seriously don't want to get overpowered and ruin the main game

gazele

Banned
I don't think its even possible to catch it when you come across your first encounter with it. I wasted about 12 different types of Pokeballs trying.

Maybe I was lucky, but my first great ball caught it

Loving the game so far 15 hours and just beat the third gym

Hugstable

Banned
Having just got the game last night, how do I add friends o-n the PSS? Is it by adding them how you normally would via friend codes? My FC is 4141-1859-9447. I have alot of free time on my hands til after Christmas so I'm probably gonna be into this for quite a while haha. Still so glad I got a Shiny Bidoof! He's so Golden haha

rando14

Having just got the game last night, how do I add friends o-n the PSS? Is it by adding them how you normally would via friend codes? My FC is 4141-1859-9447. I have alot of free time on my hands til after Christmas so I'm probably gonna be into this for quite a while haha. Still so glad I got a Shiny Bidoof! He's so Golden haha

Yeah you add friends like you normally add FC's

Pirabear

Banned
Both. Doing them back to back makes things faster.

There are also 3 levels of the super training games; each level is unlocked by completing the game for each stat once.

Alright, thanks.

Also this may sound like a dumb thing to be blown away about, but seeing tons of messages pop up from trainers all over the world when I first turned on the wifi/internet was kind of a surreal experience.

Pollux

So, I just beat the gym leader in Laverre City and was wondering how my line up was looking...

Charizard - lvl 44
Greninja - lvl 43
Tyrantrum - lvl 43
Lucario - lvl 41
and leveling up:
Skiddo - lvl 20
Snorlax - lvl 25

Are there any adjustments that I should make?

Machine

How do you evolve pancham? I looked around online, but nothing has turned up

Earlier in the thread someone said you have to have a dark pokemon in your party when it levels. Worked for me. I stuck a dark in my party and pancham evolved when it went from 32 to 33.

xk0sm0sx

pretty much, turned it off after a bit, i seriously don't want to get overpowered and ruin the main game

I'm not turning it off despite realizing I have now no motivations to go into wild grass to grind and catch pokemon.

So I decided to create a second team who would be leveled up in wild grass for fun despite not being used.

... That said now the second team is over leveled too when I decided to find Plusle which took me 1 hour... I think I might create a third team...

Loving the game so far 15 hours and just beat the third gym

15 hours into the game and I'm still at first badge... ;_; There's too many pokemons to catch this time

MicH

Traded a Larvitar and a Goomy through Wonder Trade. Got a Weedle and a Froakie in return. Yessss

Also the music in this game is SOOO GOOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom