• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigmaah

wait till they start doing destiny bond

Happened to me once so far lmao. I didn't know what destiny bond was and skipped thru the text to get away from the damn wobbuffet and next thing you know, I kill the bastard and my frogaider faints too. I'm like wdf just happened, then obviously realized what destiny bond did. THIS GAME BRO.

3DS is fully charged and I'm about to play all fucking day LETS GOOO!

Squall516

since i dont have a 3DS yet im interested in going to buy the Pokemon XY editions. But still not sure on which color. What do you guys things...which color looks better?

since i dont have a 3DS yet im interested in going to buy the Pokemon XY editions. But still not sure on which color. What do you guys things...which color looks better?

I bought the blue one yesterday and it's extremely sleek and sexy. I also chose X, so I wanted the color to match my game version.

MechaX

I just got Exp Share.

Holy crap, when did they make the change of EXP share giving the full exp value to the Pokemon you're using? I like this because this is going to cut-down on early game grinding exponentially for really OCD players like myself (like being at the same level as the gym leader before progressing). And EVs don't really matter for me at this stage in the game because everyone will be grinding the same set of wild pokemon anyway, not to mention everyone's EVs will be fucked up regardless.

I like this, GF.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Where the flying fuck is Mareep? I need Ampharos on my team.
Or Joltik. I'll take either.

Squall516

I bought the blue one yesterday and it's extremely sleek and sexy. I also chose X, so I wanted the color to match my game version.

I know they both looks really good thats why i cant decide lol, i mean im a little bit leaning more towards red because i always liked red better, but i did buy X (figured why not Charizard and Mewtwo X looks badass even tho i do want Yveltal more all my friends have Y so) and that blue would match with X does look really nice and its hard to tell from pictures but it seems like the Xerneas on the blue one is a lil bit more like darker silver metallic looking thatn just like white on the red. So its hard to tell and i cant decide lol.

Also i know that its a different finish so it shows finger prints so not sure if the red (since its a lil bit darker) if the prints would be harder to see. So cant, its soo hard decide >_< lol

Just evolved Tyrunt at level 39
BWeWwLVIYAAqKJt.jpg

dat attack power.

Squall516

I'm also trying to think down the line since they prob will have a better deal on black friday or x-mas that if i want to sell this one not sure which color would be more likely to get sold, so thats another thing too.

entremet

Super Training.

The diagram gives you a pretty detailed view of how many EV you've put into each stat (no numbers, though). The bar at the right side of the screen shows you the total amout of EV earned/left to earn.

That's the official German name of Magikarp^^

Thanks.

How do you reset them?

Veitsev

I'm also trying to think down the line since they prob will have a better deal on black friday or x-mas that if i want to sell this one not sure which color would be more likely to get sold, so thats another thing too.

I wouldn't bet on them being around till then. Special Edition 3DS's tend to sell out quickly.

Nicko

My gosh, the persistent online improvements to this game are staggering! And I had soo much fun with the PR video creator last night. Spent like 2 hours making a video. Pretty proud of how it turned out!

Btw, I would really love to add some more GAF friends.. You guys are awesome!

My FC is: 4253-3495-9513

Please add me! Thanks!

Nicko

Squall516

I wouldn't bet on them being around till then. Special Edition 3DS's tend to sell out quickly.

no i know, im saying im going to buy it now and if i can find a better deal down the road probably during blackfriday where any 3ds xl is discounted or if they have link between worlds bundle id get that and sell the pokemon LE one cause im sure they wont be around by then. So i was just saying if i try and sell the one i have by then, just trying to figure out which color might sell better.

KHlover

Banned
German names are officially better than the English ones then.

Depends. Fennekin is named "Fynx" in Germany (WTF?). I gave mine the nickname Fennekin, didn't realize I couldn't change it anymore. Now I have a LV 40 Fire/Psychic "Fennekin" :D

Most of the time the German translation team absolutely nails the names, though^^

Busaiku

Also, could someone briefly explain how EV training works? I never used it in older games, but now it seems pretty prominent.

EVs add points to your base stat value.
Every stat can have a maximum of 255 EVs, with only 252 of those being useful (it takes 4 EV points to boost a stat by 1 point).

If you max out the EV of th stat you want to grow most, you will have an additional 63 points in that stat, so you definitely want to max them (252).

You get EVs whenever you get EXP, so unless you wanna keep track of everything (which Pokemon give which values), just stick with Super Training.
Super Training always maxes out at 252 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom