• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues1990

I want to surprise my "girlyfriend" with getting her a Mudkip, as it was her starting Pokemon back when she played Pokemon Emerald, but I've been having difficulties with obtaining a Mudkip in the GTS.

I have Pokemon X and I'm wondering if there's anybody willing to trade with me?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Haha sit he Rhythorn is like impossible to steer at first with its tank controls. I ended up riding mine backwards for a few paces, hilarious considering my Mom is the famous Rhythorn racer. I guess it doesn't run in the family.

I want to surprise my "girlyfriend" with getting her a Mudkip, as it was her starting Pokemon back when she played Pokemon Emerald, but I've been having difficulties with obtaining a Mudkip in the GTS.

Nobody playing XY should have a Mudkip yet.

KHlover

Banned
You can't reset certain stats?

You used to be able to do this via certain berries. I don't know if you can find them in X/Y natively, but you should be able to bring them over via Pokemon Bank.

The Reset Bag is a clean wipe, though. You'll have to invest the 45 minutes it takes to finish Super Training a second time.

I nearly got destroyed by one chick's Hawlucha. It was tense.

WHY IS THE REFLECTION CAVE HARDER THAN THE 3RD ARENA? I FEEL CHEATED.

Veitsev

no i know, im saying im going to buy it now and if i can find a better deal down the road probably during blackfriday where any 3ds xl is discounted or if they have link between worlds bundle id get that and sell the pokemon LE one cause im sure they wont be around by then. So i was just saying if i try and sell the one i have by then, just trying to figure out which color might sell better.

I would guess Red would be more popular.

jokkir

Just battled with some random person and they're almost at the end of teh game I think. Legendary, mega Lucario, Chestnaut, Charizard... :\

I'm still at the second gym

Esura

Banned
Red means that that stat is going to be higher than normal due to the Pokemon's nature, blue means that it's lower than usual.

Oh...my Ralts stats suuuuck then...

Cause her Speed is marked blue. Guess it don't matter doing the main game but it still sucks knowing how gimped she is now....

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Also, a cool tip for those who don't know. You can turn off saving when connecting to the Internet in the options. Having to save every time I connected got annoying, so it's a nice little option, I think.
Are there any risks or negatives to doing this?

Kiraly

It's not possible to have one yet.

SuperSah

Banned
EVs add points to your base stat value.
Every stat can have a maximum of 255 EVs, with only 252 of those being useful (it takes 4 EV points to boost a stat by 1 point).

If you max out the EV of th stat you want to grow most, you will have an additional 63 points in that stat, so you definitely want to max them (252).

You get EVs whenever you get EXP, so unless you wanna keep track of everything (which Pokemon give which values), just stick with Super Training.
Super Training always maxes out at 252 as well.

Complex, but thanks!

Is Wondertrade in one of the later cities?

On the wireless menu at any time.

Delio

Just incase anyone wants to know Floette learns Moonblast naturally at lv 46. Guess i can evolve her now as i doubt she gets any other grass moves.

I'm at where you can choose your
Kanto
starter, said no to sending my Pokemon to the PC to make room so I can come back for it, is the stats and IV's and shit already decided so I can't just save and reset here to get a good one? I saved before the fight.

KHlover

Banned
Just battled with some random person and they're almost at the end of teh game I think. Legendary, mega Lucario, Chestnaut, Charizard... :\

I'm still at the second gym

Heh, me too. Was he called "Lambros" by chance? Used this exact team against me. Fucker destroyed my team...until he met my Butterfree. Pikachu had already paralyzed his Yveltal and Mega Lucario. I locked his Pokemon using Plage (Plaque in English?) and put them to sleep with Sleeping Powder. Aerial Ace'd my way forward one chunk of HP at a time. I actually managed to kill his Mega Lucario and Yveltal, his Charizard then proceeded to GRILL my Butterfree, though.

Thanks.

How do you reset them?
Keep punching the bland punching bag. With a bit of luck a bag which will reset your EV will drop.

Do you know if Floette learns Enegry ball naturally? I want to evolve it now that it has Moon Blast.

I evolved mine at lvl 38 so I don't know, but Petal Blizzard is better than Energy Ball anyway I think. Mine has Moonblast, Nature Power, Petal Blizzard and Dazzling Gleam

I have a Heracross egg if anyone wants it when it hatches. I'm not looking for anything in particular but if anyone has anything decent/good that would be cool since they're not that hard to find anyway.

t26

So I'm trying to get a female Froakie with Hasty or Adamant nature. Is it worth resetting to try for it, or is it possible to breed for it?

If you are going through the campaign it isn't worth it. If you want to build something for metagame it really isn't the right time.

Blues1990

It's not possible to have one yet.

Would that also include players that had had got their copies a couple of weeks early? 'cause I fought a couple of trainers online that had some of the starters in their crew (one player had a Typhlosion in his party, and another had Grotle).

Fowler

Sorry guys, really basic question: How do you evolve Azurill? Says it becomes Marill if it's happy. How do I make it happy? Saw it mentioned somewhere that you have to walk around with that Pokemon a lot. Does it have to be the first one in the party or will it be OK just being in the party?

Kemal86

about to Wonder Trade six Honedges.

Sentret.
Hariyama (!!!)
Pancham
Panpour (I traded mine away, glad to have one back)
Doduo
Pikachu

not a single Weedle!

KHlover

Banned
Went online and some guy had high level 40's.

I was battered to a pulp.. :(

Heh, me too. Was he called "Lambros" by chance? Used this exact team against me. Fucker destroyed my team...until he met my Butterfree. Pikachu had already paralyzed his Yveltal and Mega Lucario. I locked his Pokemon using Plage (Plaque in English?) and put them to sleep with Sleeping Powder. Aerial Ace'd my way forward one chunk of HP at a time. I actually managed to kill his Mega Lucario and Yveltal, his Charizard then proceeded to GRILL my Butterfree, though.

Me too dude, me too. I have Pokemon high-level 20 - mid-level 30. Is that closer to yours?
Care for a battle or two?
FC is 0516-7471-3292

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom