• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Over 15 hours played and I still have only three Gym Badges.

I'm really having a blast playing the game, though. My only complaints are the occasional frame rate drops and the story. There really doesn't seem to be much of a story to the game at all at this point.

I think they've created a great framework for future Pokémon games, though. With the great transition to 3D, interface and usability improvements, I can see them doing some awesome stuff with the follow up titles.

TheContact

Before logging it in asks if you want to receive a gift so I connected to the wireless option and it gave me a Torchic and he was holding an item that gives him an xp boost, was lvl 10 too and I got him right in the beginning of the game. Cool little gift, helps that it was a fire pokemon too

Dr. Buni

Before logging it in asks if you want to receive a gift so I connected to the wireless option and it gave me a Torchit(sp?) and he was holding an item that gives him an xp boost, was lvl 10 too and I got him right in the beginning of the game. Cool little gift, helps that it was a fire pokemon too

The item doesn't give an exp boost, it serves for another purpose, it
mega evolves Blaziken
. The reason for the boost is because you aren't Torchic's original trainer.

CassSept

Somebody throw me a bone here. I tried setting my message in PSS "Keikaku Doori" and it says it's a banned phrase. I'm trying as hard as I can and I can't find an expletive in these two words. Am I getting trolled by translatos or what.

TheContact

The item doesn't give an exp boost, it serves for another purpose, it
mega evolves Blaziken
. The reason for the boost is because you aren't Torchic's original trainer.

Ah cool thanks for that info.

A question: I read that all your pokemon level up instead of just the ones you use in combat, does that come at a certain point with an item? It's not happening to me yet

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
How do you get in there? I'm not "stylish" enough....
I can't really say for sure. There's stuff flying around on GFAQS about doing menial tasks all over Lumiose that I can't remember if I did or not at the time of entry.

I color-coordinated a lot though; lots of blue clothes where I could.

Somebody throw me a bone here. I tried setting my message in PSS "Keikaku Doori" and it says it's a banned phrase. I'm trying as hard as I can and I can't find an expletive in these two words. Am I getting trolled by translatos or what.

Keik = Kike? That is the only expletive I can find, and that is a long shot

This was my frist Pokemon game in many years where my name wasn't POOP :(

Blues1990

Here are the Pokemon that I have in my party:

Quilladin (Chu-Chu) - Grass
Fletchinder (SkyBlazer) - Fire/Flying
Honedge (Masamune) - Steel/Ghost
Tyrunt (Konungr) - Rock/Dragon
(Temp.) Lucario - Fighting/Steel
(Temp.) Wartortle - Water

I still need to obtain the following to round out my group:

Helioptile - Electric/Normal
Inkay - Dark/Psychic

kaioshade

Loving the game so far, except riolu wont evolve, the little bastard. I maxed out his happiness (5 hearts) leveled him up in the day and he still refuses to evolve. wtf.

My brother tried to name his Bagon "Dagon" and it said it was banned

I have no idea, it's really picky.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
How the fuck do you beat Super Training with Pokemon like Flabebe who have that weird rapid shot?

Like I can never get enough points and can't figure out how to properly charge, it sucks because I have to rely on Punching Bags instead.

Also, made my first Trainer PR Video...so addicting.

Veitsev

So I was stupid and didn't make sure either of my starters were female. Anyone breeding and willing to trade me one? Don't care which. Just want one to make some GTS trades.

1160-9885-2554

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yahoo! Got a pikachu in wondertrade on my third trade! He's not named Pikachu though, ruinin' my OCD.

K' Dash

Loving the game so far, except riolu wont evolve, the little bastard. I maxed out his happiness (5 hearts) leveled him up in the day and he still refuses to evolve. wtf.

Man I seriously need to read the manual for this game, how do you increase happiness?

And I'm not sure I understand super training all that much, such info should be somewhere.

Aarrrgghh, this is what I get for abandoning the franchise after Gen 1 :(

Affection (Amie) and Happiness aren't the same thing. Eevee is the only Pokemon who really benefits from Amie.

ringwaldhaze

Neo Member
Can anyone give me a heads up over what is the best Pancham to continue with? One is Naughty (+Attack -Special Defence) and Mischievous (+Special Attack) with the Iron Fist ability (powers up punching moves) and the other Adamant (+Attack -Special Attack) and Highly Persistent (+Defence) with the Mold Breaker ability (moves can be used on target regardless of ability).

Are the characteristics not particularly meaningful? People don't seem to talk about them as much as natures (which is +10% and -10%, right?).

Matchew

How do you Super Train your pokemon? I got 1 gym badge and over 5 hours into the game and have no idea how to do it. Also is there anyway to re-battle trainers anywhere in the game?

ash_ag

Does everyone get Error 003-4099 when closing the 3DS lid or entering the Home Menu when connected? Every time either of those things, I get that Error and I'm disconnected from PSS. No a big problem, but certainly a nuisance at times. :p

By the way, Pokémon-Amie is really a blessing in disguise! I didn't expect to be enjoying it so much. I thought that it might be an excuse for not having walking Pokémon, but the interaction I get through it rivals (maybe even surpasses) the Walking Pokémon feature. The new "Stats" also add a slightly new turn in battles.

How do you Super Train your pokemon? I got 1 gym badge and over 5 hours into the game and have no idea how to do it. Also is there anyway to re-battle trainers anywhere in the game?
Outside of battle, look down on touch screen. You have to click on the little arrows on the top right/top left corner to access Pokémon Amie and Super Training.

Busaiku

Does everyone get Error 003-4099 when closing the 3DS lid or entering the Home Menu when connected? Every time either of those things, I get that Error and I'm disconnected from PSS. No a big problem, but certainly a nuisance at times. :p

By the way, Pokémon-Amie is really a blessing in disguise! I didn't expect to be enjoying it so much. I thought that it might be an excuse for not having walking Pokémon, but the interaction I get through it rivals (maybe even surpasses) the Walking Pokémon feature. The new "Stats" also add a slightly new turn in battles.

Yeah, whenever you leave the game for whatever reason, you get disconnected.
It's really annoying.

And here I thought I was the only one (as I didn't see anyone complaining about it). It's certainly annoying :(

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Question: I literally JUST found pokemon-amie and super training (why are these so hidden and not-indicated?!)

Does Super Training still limit you to X EV-values across all stats, or can you now max all of them? e.g.... Should I pay attention to what training regiments I do with which pokemon, since I don't want to max out the stats in the wrong area? So should I keep focusing on the TWO stats I want to max out? Feel free to answer in spoiler tags...

NA48

Neo Member

Happiness and PokemonAmie are not the same thing. You need to evolve him by maxing out oldschool happiness ... using him in battle, giving items to hold, etc.

Edit: Ninja'd.

KHlover

Banned
Question: I literally JUST found pokemon-amie and super training (why are these so hidden and not-indicated?!)

Does Super Training still limit you to X EV-values across all stats, or can you now max all of them? e.g.... Should I pay attention to what training regiments I do with which pokemon, since I don't want to max out the stats in the wrong area? So should I keep focusing on the TWO stats I want to max out? Feel free to answer in spoiler tags...

You're still limited to 511(?) EV across all stats.

Awesome fight.

Lasted 20 minutes and it was nearly equal, you won, so well done!

You did well too. Once your Pokemon learn their better moves it'll get REAL intense :D

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You're still limited to 511(?) EV across all stats.

So... I should focus on just 2 specific training regiments for Pokemon I want? e.g. If a pokemon has naturally high attack and HP, I should probably focus on making those even bigger?

I've never EV trained anything, bear with me. I just figured I'd go with "make the already-biggest stat even bigger for maximum benefit" idea.

Busaiku

Super Training doesn't allow you to pass 252 per stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom