• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to reset for a shiny starter once. Gave up after 6 hours.

Will not give up on shiny fennekin. I'm working taking as many calls as I can and resetting the game as fast as I can. Ran across 1 female so far LOL

Caught a shiny Graveler last month so I'm UP ALL NIGHT TO GET LUCKY

KHlover

Banned
So... I should focus on just 2 specific training regiments for Pokemon I want? e.g. If a pokemon has naturally high attack and HP, I should probably focus on making those even bigger?

I've never EV trained anything, bear with me. I just figured I'd go with "make the already-biggest stat even bigger for maximum benefit" idea.

I also haven't EV trained before, so don't hold my opinion in too high regards. I think both ways are alright. Of course a Pokemon with insanely high Attack values is VERY fun to play, I see nothing wrong with an allrounder though. A faster Snorlax with higher attack stats? AWESOME

It depends on what you want the Pokemon to do in your team.

So... I should focus on just 2 specific training regiments for Pokemon I want? e.g. If a pokemon has naturally high attack and HP, I should probably focus on making those even bigger?

I've never EV trained anything, bear with me. I just figured I'd go with "make the already-biggest stat even bigger for maximum benefit" idea.

When it comes to super intense competitive play it can get much more complicated than that, but for anything short of that, maxing out your best stats is a fine approach. Bear in mind that against in game opponents in particular almost any pokemon can get quite a bit out of improved speed though, even if they are naturally slow.

Sadist

Horde of Mareeps, awesome. If the new Pokémon won't give me a decent electric type, I'll consider using Mareep again. He rocked in my team during Silver. And Ampharos does have that lolworthy Megaevo...

Lucario decided to go with you!

*straight into the PC*
lol, same here.

Neiteio

Dedene is pretty awesome.

It's Pikachu on steroids
Where do you catch Dedenne? I want one! Although I have been pretty committed to raising my Pikachu so far. I'd be conflicted as to which to raise!

This game is INCREDIBLE so far. I honestly was not expecting to get so into it. Seeing the Pokémon world in full 3D is an amazing thing. The texture, the colors, the attention to detail, it all creates such a strong sense of place.

Rocking a Frogadier, Ivysaur, Combusken, Pikachu, Diggersby and Tyrunt at the moment as I head to the city with the second gym. The fact I just got a Bagon and I'm nn at the second gym yet is mind-boggling!

Its interesting, because in animal crossing you can have people in your town and close the lid an the other people can keep playing.
Yeah, it's a long shot but I really hope GF tries to patch this.

On another note, I finally got a Ditto and a Skrelp from the GTS. I can now breed a Skrelp for my team!

Raxious

Anyone else having problems with the GTS?I keep getting:

"A communication error has occured.
Press the POWER button, and end the game"

Where do you catch Dedenne? I want one! Although I have been pretty committed to raising my Pikachu so far. I'd be conflicted as to which to raise!

This game is INCREDIBLE so far. I honestly was not expecting to get so into it. Seeing the Pokémon world in full 3D is an amazing thing. The texture, the colors, the attention to detail, it all creates such a strong sense of place.

Rocking a Frogadier, Ivysaur, Combusken, Pikachu, Diggersby and Tyrunt at the moment as I head to the city with the second gym. The fact I just got a Bagon and I'm nn at the second gym yet is mind-boggling!

Route 11

Orayn

Download started. Looking forward to returning to the series after missing all of the B/W generation.

#TeamY #TeamFroakie

120+ resets today >.> ill give up on shiny fennekin after another day of trying...

If you are going to stick it out youre going to have to stick it out. I wil just keep it to the side, keep resetting, while I work. then eventually have a week 1 legit shiny starter. All these fools unwrapping their boxes and loading up a shiny... meh...MEH

So, and I apologise if this has been asked ad nauseam, how far into the game do I have to go before can get my mystery gift? The insert I received with my copy of Pokemon Y says I get a Torchic (which was one of my old starters :3) through the mystery gift option. I want my martial arts fire chicken to go along with my water ninja frog.

Caladrius

I was going to do a Kalos-only run up until I realized I could get Gallade and I learned that Mega Mawile was post-E4. (4:2 is still a decent ratio!)

So, and I apologise if this has been asked ad nauseam, how far into the game do I have to go before can get my mystery gift? The insert I received with my copy of Pokemon Y says I get a Torchic (which was one of my old starters :3) through the mystery gift option. I want my martial arts fire chicken to go along with my water ninja frog.

Save for the first time, restart and go to the main menu, it should be right there.

How long does Super Training take to fully EV train a Pokémon and is it easier than old school PokéRUS + Power Item EV training?

I apologize if this question was asked before.

Neiteio

OK, I'm not there yet. I'm on my way out of Ambrette, en route to the second gym city. It's insane the variety of Pokémon you can find in each area. The only two I've encountered that I haven't managed to catch are Onyx (a rare Pokémon in Glittering Cavern or whatever it's called) and Abra (who, as always, Teleports right away).

jokkir

What level were you guys when you first went to Route 6? My Quilladin is Lv 26, Frokie2 Lv25 and Charmeleon Lv23-ish. Is that overlevelled? lol

Sorry guys, but I'm constantly blown away by how good Tyrantrum is.
BWes_keCAAE8zka.jpg

Delio

How long does Super Training take to fully EV train a Pokémon and is it easier than old school PokéRUS + Power Item EV training?

I apologize if this question was asked before.

It took me about 40 mins once I unlocked the +12 EV games. Depends on how good you are at the mini games. I find it easier personally.

Kiraly

Sorry guys, but I'm constantly blown away by how good Tyrantrum is.
BWes_keCAAE8zka.jpg

My Tyrantrum is 45 and has 113 attack :(

Also has a disadvantage in attack.

Shame it is pretty slow.

I just see that my Fraxure (which is at level 43, evolves in Haxorus) has 120 attack already, goddamn I guess Tyrantrum will be out of my party. I liked him so much :(

Okay! Finally bootes up my game. So hyped. I originally set up a trade for a fennekin but the person doesnt seem to be available. Anybody have any fennekins of a modest or timid nature?

Ryne

Is the only way to get Charmander is through a trade or the professor? I want to go with Squirtle but I also want a Charmander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom