• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Rounding things out is probably the worst thing you can do, as you want pokemon to be speciallized. Since most if not all pokemon have specialties whether its attack or special attack you usually want to focus on that to maximize your pokemons potential. And the reason its 2 stats is because the max EV you can get for a stat is ~252 or something, which means you max out your total EV after 2 stats and 4-6 in a random one.

Good to know, time to use those reset bags on my main pokemon and another.

Elija2

Man, I can't stand using the Circle Pad in this game when I'm restricted to moving in 8 directions. It just doesn't feel right.

Enthus

Woo, Victory Road! I've outleveled everything by 10 levels for most of the game, with my Blaziken being 15 levels ahead because of EXP bonus from being an event pokemon. I never even use him because I don't want him to get any farther leveled
Except for the last gym leader, of course.

daripad

Good, Kangshkan appearing when I don't want.more party pokemon. Ehich one to choose?

And people, how do I evolve Honedge and Helioptile?

Laieon

Can someone tell me where the cafe Sycamore wants me to meet him at is? He said something about a red roof near the Pokemon center, but all the cafes seem to have red roofs...

Can't find any IV calculator that has it :( How do you do it manually, and where can I find it's base stats? Google hasn't been very helpful.

Ah sorry, you're right, they aren't going to be out for a while. Going to have to look at an array of the same pokemon and see if the stats are high or low. That's how they create those calculators. Just compare it to other people's stats, that's all you can do right now

Base stats are simply unknown, just care about nature for now.
This. Right now the 1337 crew online are going to be the ones picking the right natures

EDIT: ARRGH speaking of I just rolled a female fennekin FINALLY, and it had a +SpATK nature Quiet.... howver, its -SPEED (a no no for online play) :(

Rnr1224

Just got to the elite four and promptly got my ass handed to me after beating one member. However, im having a hard time finding a noibat / noivern. I've heard they come from when the ceiling shakes in terminus cave and victory road but I've only seen it shake twice so it seems that it rarely happens. Anyone know any other places to find them? All input is appreciated :)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm surprised by how extreme the slowdown is in battles with 3D on. it's like not even a 60fps-30fps difference, it gets straight up choppy.

Damn Mega
------Gyarados-------
is a beast. He took a Thunderbolt from Meowstic who was 6 levels ahead and survived and it already had 1/4 of its HP taken.

Edit: Just found out that it's actually
Water/Dark
. It still took it pretty well since Meowstic has pretty high Special Attack

Was that rumor involving an odd method on how to evolve Inkay true?

Damn Mega
Gyarados
is a beast. He took a Thunderbolt from Meowstic who was 6 levels ahead and survived and it already had 1/4 of its HP taken.

My Lv.38 Mega-Venasaur took a Flamethrower from a Lv.50 Delphox and was like "Yeah what?" Quite worrying.

Anilusion

Ah sorry, you're right, they aren't going to be out for a while. Going to have to look at an array of the same pokemon and see if the stats are high or low. That's how they create those calculators. Just compare it to other people's stats, that's all you can do right now

Yeah, that's kind of why I posted it here :p thanks though

Is adamant good though? It's standard moves has one that's based on Attack and one on Special Attack. Do we have any idea what it learns from level ups?

Unicorn

Just got a sun stone which will be used to evolve my helioptile.

I just need to know what level I should do that. Is it a scenario where he will no longer learn moves after the evolution, or there are moves I could miss by not evolving? What are some of the high level Helioptile moves I should get before evolving? My little lizard is level 33 right now.

Hoping somehow has been rocking him far enough in the game to be able to help me out. I already EV trained him and everything lol

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Just traded my Kadabra for a Charmander. A docile male, but I'm not too worried about it. I just want my OG team.

Busaiku

Man, what's the point of including Zangoose if there was no way I could catch it.
Thankfully I managed to trade for it (thank you Soul), but I'm still so salty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom