• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiraly

Only thing I absolutely loathe about this game thus far is Lumiose City (cabs help a lot, though), the rest is superb.

And maybe the easyness and lack of Gen VI Pokémon.

Sigmaah

Which cafe do I have to go after beating the 5th gym? I totally forgot.

Also, my blaziken is level 47 and his attack is 148, fully ev'd, that should be ever higher lmao.

Greninja is level 43 and his sp.atk is 118 and speed is 117. I like that!

tauroxd

So... I saved my game and I decided to turn it on, but when I continue the save file if just stay frozen. I am in the big city. The music plays but my Playable Character doesn't move and I can't move anything in the bottom screen... it's frozen in Super Training but without showing anything and I can't gome to Home, I'm just being able to shut down the console by pressing the power buttons a couple of seconds. Everything in the console is allrightm excepto when I continue the game... I downloaded the game... I don't see anyway to start a new game, just continue. It's Y by the way... So I asume I have to redownload? There is not a backup save or anything like that, right?

Dr. Buni

Yes, yes and yes! Mine has 129 Sp. Atk and 151 Sp. Def with a Sp. Def hindering nature and is rocking Petal Blizzard, Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam and Nature Power. It wrecks!
Nice, but Petal Blizzard? Is this a new dual type move?
Which cafe do I have to go after beating the 5th gym? I totally forgot.
Lysandre Cafe, it is owned by the Team Flare boss. It is close to the Pokemon Center and there is a Team Flare Grunt standing close to it.

Only thing I absolutely loathe about this game thus far is Lumiose City (cabs help a lot, though), the rest is superb.

And maybe the easyness and lack of Gen VI Pokémon.
Same with Hiun City city, I do hate their obsession with this big for nothing cities lately, maybe if there wasn't loading in between every section I would like it more.

D3lON.gif

Kiraly

Nice, but Petal Blizzard? Is this a new dual type move?
Lysandre Cafe,
it is owned by the Team Flare boss
. It is close to the Pokemon Center and there is a Team Flare Grunt standing close to it.

I didn't know that, even though I could have guess of course.

Ryne

Where can I get a Charmander other than the professor? Is it possible?

I haven't played Pokemon in years, I'm lost.

Kiraly

Same with Hiun City city, I do hate their obsession with this big for nothing cities lately, maybe if there wasn't loading in between every section I would like it more.

Hiun City was atleast navigable. Yeah, they are always trying these 'grand sense' things but they utterly suck. The camera in Lumiose City is just rage inducing.

So, someone explain Ralts to me. A lot of people talk of it like its godly but I don't know how this mon works. Seems weak but from how slow it levels I'm getting the vibe that it becomes a beast if I do something right.

And Quote for now page:

EVs apply regardless of what level you obtain them at, so yes it is advantageous to max them out sooner rather than later. The benefit they provide scales with your pokemons level; so you might get 20 points of attack on a level 30 pokemon, while getting something like 65 on a level 100 pokemon.

Ralts is a weak pokemon, but it evolves into Gardevoir who is a potent special attacker. Nothing tricky about it, just have to get it enough levels to fully evolve.

Where can I get a Charmander other than the professor? Is it possible?

I haven't played Pokemon in years, I'm lost.

Only from the professor in game, but they can be bred, so I'm sure you can trade for one.

Squall516

just got the last Pokemon XY Red 3DS XL at gamestop woot!!! Im soo excited to own a 3DS now and play ^__^ ill try and upload a picture later

Raven77

Okay I havent played a Pokemon game since Gen 3 and am completely lost. Is there an online guide somewhere that is not just a big database dump like bulbapedia, etc? Is there a physical guide available (can't find one)?

I am confused by items, happiness, the "training", what on earth is pokemon amie? What is with these "natures" and how the heck am I supposed to know whats good and what isn't for every one of the hundreds and hundreds of pokemon i'm going to run across?

Heads about to blow...loving the game though!

tauroxd

So... I saved my game and I decided to turn it on, but when I continue the save file if just stay frozen. I am in the big city. The music plays but my Playable Character doesn't move and I can't move anything in the bottom screen... it's frozen in Super Training but without showing anything and I can't gome to Home, I'm just being able to shut down the console by pressing the power buttons a couple of seconds. Everything in the console is allrightm excepto when I continue the game... I downloaded the game... I don't see anyway to start a new game, just continue. It's Y by the way... So I asume I have to redownload? There is not a backup save or anything like that, right?

I'm quoting myself because after I few tries the game did not get stucked anymore... Now I'm trying to get to Game sync to avoid any problem with saves.

PowderedToast

I just started, so far it's pretty great, but why are the colors of the Pokemon so dull? I caught a Pikachu in the forest and not really so much yellow as a pale off-white.

i noticed this too. compare them to their sprites on the pokemon screen and it's really noticeable. i suppose it's just a cosmetic decision or an effect of the engine? idk

Wynnebeck

Banned
Just got the PokeFlute. The Palace wasn't as hard as everyone made it sound. Also, for EV training, would it make sense to just take like 3-4 hours and train my Pokemon's main stat to boost them up? Like Fennekin gets Sp. Attk, Braixen gets Speed, etc.?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Okay I havent played a Pokemon game since Gen 3 and am completely lost. Is there an online guide somewhere that is not just a big database dump like bulbapedia, etc? Is there a physical guide available (can't find one)?

I am confused by items, happiness, the "training", what on earth is pokemon amie? What is with these "natures" and how the heck am I supposed to know whats good and what isn't for every one of the hundreds and hundreds of pokemon i'm going to run across?

Heads about to blow...loving the game though!

You don't need to worry about that stuff unless you are a hardcore player. Just use whatever Pokemon you like and don't start looking into all the stats and options until you beat the game.

Where is the Good/Great Rod?

Also, is running into these mega stones something throughout the story and we can't miss them? Or are they something we have to search for?

Got my Abra to evolve into a Kadabra.

Somehow didn't get Confusion. He's currently a level 23 and still has no offensive moves. Ugh.

Also, finally got to the second gym. 13 hours in. This game is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom