• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see what everyone means about the pacing being a little wonky. 9 hours in now and still no 2nd gym in sight. This game seriously fucking rules though and is basically the game I dreamed of when I was playing Yellow as a kid.

Gregorn

Just gave away a few Charmanders on wonder trade named 'Love' and no one gave me 'nice' stars. :(

I got junk in return but I like knowing I made some kid happy.

Still haven't made it to the 2nd gym...

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
They are immune to dragon too. Game freak style-making the cuties superior to the badasses
When I was younger this would have pissed me off cause I wanted my Pokemon to look cool and bad ass. And I still want that sometimes, but I also want Pokemon that are cute and powerful. So yeah, loving the fairy type!

Shahadan

Just gave away a few Charmanders on wonder trade named 'Love' and no one gave me 'nice' stars. :(

I got junk in return but I like knowing I made some kid happy.

Still haven't made it to the 2nd gym...

I enjoy making freshly hatched eggs of rare pokemons and giving them away in wonder trade. I figure most people using it are at the beginning (well not anymore, probably) and I like to think maybe they'll keep them in their team for a long time or the whole game :3

Maybe they'll even beat the fuck out of me with it.

I asked for a Charmander with a Charizardite X in the message for Heracross (yeah I know it was a stretch but it was worth the try but of course I didn't filter the regions so a Japansese guy accepted the trade so he couldn't understand what the message was. To top it all off it's another male.

So long story short is that I have another Charmander. PM me if you want it though the name is in Japanese in case that bothers you. I think I'm on the route where you can find Ditto anyway. I'm not looking for anything so trade me whatever you want.

EDIT: Just so you know, someone has already PM'd me about it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, how do you take screenshots? You all aren't talking about the tourist photo things, are you?

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
lol gotta love impromptu battles.

Yeah, getting caught with your pants down ends up being entertaining. I tried to get the most of that Combee I was carrying around, but apparently Bug Bite isn't very effective against Braixen.

Also, RionaaM has a purple Braixen. Shiny?

AngryMoth

Trying out super training. Everything was trivial until I hit special attack level 3 which seems impossible. I'm sure I must be doing something wrong because my hits are only doing 7 (sometimes 21 but I don't understand why) and taking a hit cost 209. Help!

Jintor

I can't decide if knowing shit all about all these pokemon is more or less authentic to my original experience. I'm pretty sure when I played Red and Blue I knew fucking EVERYTHING about EVERY POKEMON cos of the TV Show.

Damn you Ash.

I can't decide if knowing shit all about all these pokemon is more or less authentic to my original experience. I'm pretty sure when I played Red and Blue I knew fucking EVERYTHING about EVERY POKEMON cos of the TV Show.

Damn you Ash.

Same here :lol

Forgotten so much.

Sorian

Banned
I swear I battled then came back out and my Trapinch was still fainted.

I will say that I've never tried it on a fainted pokemon. But I went into the fight because half my team was in the red and didn't want to use a potion. Everyone came out brand new hp-wise (can't say I looked at PP so I won't make that claim at the moment).

Dr. Buni

If anyone already finished the game and isn't interested in Mega Mawile and want to trade its mega stone, please PM-me.

Ghazi

So what are the differences between the two versions, someone mentioned starters are different in another thread and I'm kinda worried now on which to get.

Was planning on X, but idk now.

Sorian

Banned
So what are the differences between the two versions, someone mentioned starters are different in another thread and I'm kinda worried now on which to get.

Was planning on X, but idk now.

Lol, starters aren't different. Its the same as usual, different mons out in the wild and a different legendary. Go with the box you think is cooler.

Trying out super training. Everything was trivial until I hit special attack level 3 which seems impossible. I'm sure I must be doing something wrong because my hits are only doing 7 (sometimes 21 but I don't understand why) and taking a hit cost 209. Help!

Charged shots triple your damage, which explains the 21. The higher you've raised your attack/special attack, the more damage your shots do. If you go to level 1 or 2 and raise your sp. attack for a while, you will do much more damage on level 3. I thought it was really hard at first too!

Ultimadrago

The higher your overall EVs, the greater each goal you make (or so I think). Make sure you're completing the Lvl. 1's and 2's for a while first before you take on Level 3 for normal cycling.

As for the hits, they'll always take off a wallop with time you'll learn the pattern and since your goals count for more, you'll make up losses much faster.

Wait... people complain that since Gold and Silver, rivals have been noticeably less antagonizing and more friendly.

...We are the dickhead rival.

Ah, another thing! Just like Gary, we're always the first ones to challenge the gym and win! By the time our rival gets there, it's just our name on the stone...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom