• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unbounded

OMG, anyone that's maxed out their Pokemon's happiness in Pokemon Amie... it's so adorable. My Delphox turns to look at me as my in-game self gives words of encouragement... it also just survived a hit from Payback with 1 HP so it could show its "tough side to me." Love this game.

wait, what?

Brb, doing pokemon-amie.

AzVal

It's obviously got a spectacular speed IV, but the others are still up in the air. Remember none of our mons right now are metagame worthy. That will take alot of breeding. But breeders need pokemon like yours, with 30-31 speed IV stats and such

Argh!!!!! this is one of the things that kept me away form the franchise after Gold/Silver, everybody is just so worried about EVs and Natures, I don´t ever play against others but I cant help thinking that if I ever do I´ll be smashed because I did not train them well or because the nature was not a good one.

Should I make the EV train the earliest possible or the results willbe the same later(I heard the can be reset)?

should I care nothing about it since a real competitive pokemon is bred through many generation within the game?

Just popping in the ask a quick question, but is there an easy way to tell if you have a shiny? My Torchic evolved and the Combusken is really pale, it didn't look like that in the pictures I've seen of the art?

Argh!!!!! this is one of the things that kept me away form the franchise after Gold/Silver, everybody is just so worried about EVs and Natures, I don´t ever play against others but I cant help thinking that if I ever do I´ll be smashed because I did not train them well or because the nature was not a good one.

Should I make the EV train the earliest possible or the results willbe the same later(I heard the can be reset)?

should I care nothing about it since a real competitive pokemon is bred through many generation within the game?
If you're not playing competitively, do not worry about EVs/IVs/Natures.

There are people out there that battle without keeping track of them.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Just popping in the ask a quick question, but is there an easy way to tell if you have a shiny? My Torchic evolved and the Combusken is really pale, it didn't look like that in the pictures I've seen of the art?

There will be a red star on the status screen and an obvious visual effect when it enters battle.

jelmerjt

Finally got a nice female Charmander. Mild nature.

Perfect nature I guess, since I want to use both Charizard X and Y.

tRfyF0G.jpg

Saiyan-Rox

(sorry if this has been mentioned/asked)

has anyone got any major slowdown when the 3D is on during battle? (download version btw) kinda kills any reason to turn that on

Some of the newer models look really washed out, shiny Combusken should be darker and also your Torchic would have had a yellow body. Shiny Pokemon will also have a star in the stats screen.

Your Pokemon can't evolve into a shiny. If your Combusken is a shiny that means your Torchic was too. The coloring has to be different on both.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone have a surskit to trade? :3 not sure what I have in return.. I have about 40 so far.

Einbroch

Banned

EVs are super straightforward. If your dude has a lot of special attacks, level special attack and speed. If physical, attack and speed. If you want your guy to be a tank, defense and so on.

It's just like any other RPG. Natures are, in my opinion, only for the super hardcore as they are not "controllable" like EVs in this game.

There will be a red star on the status screen and an obvious visual effect when it enters battle.

Ah ok cheers, now I know what to look for. Leaving thread again until post game, I'm loving the sense of discovery, I'm getting Pokemon Blue flashbacks ;)

P.s Yes the framerate is abysmal with 3D turned on.. .

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
What's with the Passerby section of the PSS? Are they people who in the same area of the game as me?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
(sorry if this has been mentioned/asked)

has anyone got any major slowdown when the 3D is on during battle? (download version btw) kinda kills any reason to turn that on

Yes, everybody gets that. Game Freak obviously didn't have time to properly implement 3D as they've had to disable it for 90% of the game.

Just turn it off. Hopefully Pokemon Z has a more polished engine and can handle full 3D, if games like Resident Evil and Kingdom Hearts can support full 3D there is no real reason Pokemon can't.

Is adamant really the best nature for Honedge considering he has stance change? Should investing in def be better if you want to use him as a set-up Poke?

In all honesty skill > IV's. Unless you two are super pros, pokemon is great, skill always > IV's. EVs now are trainable via minigames, and you can wipe em out with easily obtained items and start them over, and train again with minigames so you get them perfect. Do what you want, play how ya want, it's all good :) You can pwn anybody with strats

EDIT: Natures are not optional. If you don't have the right nature you will get owned

UberTag

Hey guys... is there any way to release Pokemon from your team without having to go to a Pokemon center and releasing them directly from a box?

Not sure if this is an early-game restriction or not but I'm not being given the option to release Pokemon once I've captured them. I'm already at max capacity but don't necessarily want to train up the ones I have.

So what makes that special Torchic so special?
Also, do I have anything to benefit from stopping him from evolving?
Any special moves it can learn as Torchic?

So my Xerneas has 188 hp, 167 attack, 115 def, 134 Sp atk, 118 sp def, 106 spd, adamant nature.

Any good?

You needa calculate dem IV's. If you mean good against the elite 4, sure.

Hey guys... is there any way to release Pokemon from your team without having to go to a Pokemon center and releasing them directly from a box?

It has been this way every gen, I highly doubt it has changed this gen, sorry. They want yo ass in the pokemon centers

daripad

Is it me or Mawile is looking better than ever? I want.to use it but I already have Kirlia and Honedge covering his typings.

How do I evolve Honedge? Is taking his sweet time

Skelter

Banned
So I wanted to battle with a friend but it keeps saying game chat is disabled because of privacy settings. I never turned game chat off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom