• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Is it possible to get a female starter from the professor when you meet him in the city (trying to be vague to avoid spoilers)?

People say that it is, but I've only ever gotten males after countless resets, and I've never seen him use a female in battle against me. No clue if the gender is set during the battle iwth him or when you pick the starter, though.

Shahadan

I don't know if I should evolve my Doublade, I fear it might not learn any moves after that, since it uses a stone...I hate this stupid, stupid rule.

Hi there Pokegaf, I need friends my fc: 2766-7929-3149

Love how you can trade on the go now. Hate the whole training mini games and punching bags but it looks like their not mandatory to keep going as I haven't been doing it. So far no problems not doing it. Wish I could cary over my heartgold team.

Trey

Modest Ivysaur :p

I wasted like 30 minutes getting it, mind you. Which is actually pretty good.

I got a Timid Bulbasaur on my first try. I guess the game was making amends for not giving me a Timid Pikachu after hours of farming them. I did get a Light Ball out of that ordeal, though.

People say that it is, but I've only ever gotten males after countless resets, and I've never seen him use a female in battle against me. No clue if the gender is set during the battle iwth him or when you pick the starter, though.
its a really low chance to get female starters something like 12.7% to actually hit up female?

MicH

My level 11 Chespin now has Tackle, Vine Whip, Rollout and Bite. I LOVE this thing!

EDIT Also which nature is best for a Charizard (mega-X)?

I got a Shiny Tyrunt when soft resetting for an Adamant but reset as I didn't want a shiny Tyrunt.

Yes but they have a 12.5% chance of being female.

Will his Pokemon be female in the battle though?

Also is the only way to load your game quickly using the home button thing?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
And I friggin' love the EXP. Share. Love having a balanced team and no Pokemon that are 30 levels behind for once.
Kinda mixed on it since I was able to steamroll through the Elite 4 with Pokemon I never needed to use in the main game. I guess it depends on style since my 1 Pokemon could cover most types very well so I never found the need to actually switch.

You want to feel REALLY depressed?

1938dd05-89d3-43e8-8aaf-0fac0fb3aac5.jpg

Edit: So yeah, I've been kinda making sure I've cultivated this disease enough over the past day or so so that I won't lose it. If anyone wants it just send me their friend code. Mine is 4167-4668-7165 (I should probs add this to the spreadsheet...)

Now, I don't know if it's actually useful anymore with the super training and all, but heck, why not?

meh... MEEEHHH SALKDJASLK:DHAILSHDPIOASHOPDIHASOIUDHAPSIODA

lol grats man

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Okay, finally got a female starter from the prof.

Looks like the gender is set when you chooser the pokemon, since it was male when I baattled him but female when I chose it.

I opted for bulbasaur. Now I have a starter of each type (torchic, bulbasaur, froakie. :3)

I figure that bulbasaur will be the least common so the easiest to use as trade bait to get the other starters

Azure J

Would anyone care to help me out with a Ralts? I've spent the better part of 3 hours hunting in the grass for one to no luck (I blame some of that on Super Training though).

Bonus: Modest nature.

So earlier I found Bagon in the wild and used all of my pokeballs, premier balls, and one dusk ball(useless). Didn't catch it.

Resignedly KO'd it and headed back to the Pokemon center. Ran into another Bagon and had to knock that one out too. Sadly enough.

Bought like 80 pokeballs and have been going around for the last hour trying to get Bagon again. Haven't seen one. Ugh.

Looks like the gender is set when you chooser the pokemon, since it was male when I baattled him but female when I chose it.

I opted for bulbasaur. Now I have a starter of each type (torchic, bulbasaur, froakie. :3)

I figure that bulbasaur will be the least common so the easiest to use as trade bait to get the other starters

Awesome, thanks for confirming mate, I've been resetting at the start of the battle. We have the same team and we're at the same spot ;)

L+R+Start+Select

Brilliant, cheers.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains

How did you get a Torchic?

Does anyone know roughly how many pokemon are in the game in total? I know there are 40-something new ones and a few from the first generation but that's all I can find out

Tusk

I'm still on route 5 with one badge. :p Been doing wonder trades for about 10 hours of my game, and I've only played for about 12 or 13 hours.

I was trying it out at first, and sent a weedle, and ended up getting a Goomy in its 30's for it.

Guys, where do I find a Heracross in Y? My friend has found his Pinsir in Route 12 like 20 times, but I haven't seen it once. Just Slowpoke, Chatot, Tauros, Miltank... Where the FUCK is it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom