• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrefpvs

This game is really weird. I have been playing for over 10 hours and I only have 1 badge. Also I have already hit my final evolution on my froakie, she is now lvl 36. Pacing seems way off right now, but at least I am having fun catching a shit load of different pokemon.

Same here, I hope the game doesn't become "gymgymgymgymgym!" after the second badge.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I was just trading with someone from here and got disconnected. To whoever it was: sorry, I'm at work in a hotel and the internet is really shitty. It's been okay for the past hour or so, but now I'm getting frequent connection errors.

Ultimadrago

This game is really weird. I have been playing for over 10 hours and I only have 1 badge. Also I have already hit my final evolution on my froakie, she is now lvl 36. Pacing seems way off right now, but at least I am having fun catching a shit load of different pokemon.

Same. Must be About 17+ hours right now with only 1 badge. Most of that time spent searching for specific monsters though.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
WTF you got a shiny Fenny at first load?
Actually it was my fifth start, but that's only because I used the first 4 to get me and another GAFfer all 3 initial starters. I got lucky on my fifth and last one, and the Fennekin I picked as my main starter was a shiny.

Check GTS. I got that Charmander you pummeled in exchange for a Kadabra.
Really? That's great to hear! Gonna experiment with that feature.

Also, the online play in this game is fantastic. I was surprised to see how smooth our battle went.

Omzz

Did anyone manage to evolve a Pancham? I'm reading that you need a dark type to be in your party when he levels up at 32. Does it have to be a pure dark? I've only found Inkay who is part dark and psychic.

Did anyone manage to evolve a Pancham? I'm reading that you need a dark type to be in your party when he levels up at 32. Does it have to be a pure dark? I've only found Inkay who is part dark and psychic.

Nah I used Sandile (Ground/Dark) to evolve mine.

jokkir

This thread makes me feel like I should pick up the pace a bit lol. I'm still at the Snorlax town with one badge, exploring and all my Pokemon are Lv Lv23+

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Also, the online play in this game is fantastic. I was surprised to see how smooth our battle went.

I'm glad it lasted throughout. Wifi at the hotel is straight garbage. It was smooth when we played, but now I'm getting dropped every few minutes. I can connect long enough to give out O-Power and level that up, though. That's enough for me.

Celegus

How on earth do people already have level 80 dudes? The game's been out for one day! I thought my level 20 was pretty hot stuff!

Did anyone else just go left and right randomly in Glittering Cave until they reached the end? I managed to find
Shadow Claw
there as well.

Are shiny pokemon more common in this game or something? It seems like a lot of people are getting them.

I think rates were changed from one to a gajilions to one over 256 IIRC

I have not made any use of my 3ds: so I will add people who put their codes here: mine is 425344691505 Please add me; I'm very lonely.

Hi there Pokegaf, I need friends my fc: 2766-7929-3149

Love how you can trade on the go now. Hate the whole training mini games and punching bags but it looks like their not mandatory to keep going as I haven't been doing it. So far no problems not doing it. Wish I could cary over my heartgold team.

I added you; but I believe you have to add me as well.

Moxx19

Banned
I gotta say tho, the story gets alarmingly dark and depressing even though it seems kind of thin in the beginning :(

It seems very dark for a pokemon game.

I've got
badges now and nothing interesting seems to have happened thus far. Does it get better?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad it lasted throughout. Wifi at the hotel is straight garbage. It was smooth when we played, but now I'm getting dropped every few minutes. I can connect long enough to give out O-Power and level that up, though. That's enough for me.
Yeah, I just read your post about the disconnection during a trade. That sucks, hopefully you can be back at home with a reliable connection soon!

And how do you level O-Powers? By using them repeatedly?

Lol, I had no idea what Wonder Trade was, so I just did it with a random crappy Pokemon, I think it was like a level 3 Weedle. I got a level 31 Haunter in return, which of course evolved immediately.

I'm rocking this right now:

Delphox/Albus lvl 46
- Shadow Ball
- Flamthrower
- Mystical Fire
- Psyshock

Florges/Navi lvl 46
- Petal Blizzard
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nature Power

Pangoro/Maraud lvl 44
- Strength
- Power-Up Punch
- Hammer Arm
- Crunch

Tyrantrum/Ravage lvl 44
- Rock Tomb
- Crunch
- Dragon Claw
- Thrash

Clawitzer/Culverin lvl 44
- Surf
- Crabhammer
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse

Trevenant/Hallow lvl 44
- Shadow Claw
- Horn Leech
- Will O'Wisp
- Rock Smash (lol)

This is honest the most fun I think I've ever had with a Pokemon game, this team is incredible good and very rewarding to use
Delphox
is becoming one of my favourite Fire starters in terms of usability ever, probably only behind Infernape. Pangoro,
Clawitzer
and Tyrantrum just wreck everything thanks to their abilities, while
Florges
has become quite the tank upon evolution.
Trevenant
is the weak link at the moment but I only just got her and she's growing into her role, maxed out her attack EVs though.

Pokemon Amie is hella overpowered. My Amaura just blew on its burn so that I wouldn't worry about it, then read my mind so as to avoid an opponent's attack. Shit's insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom