• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta say tho, the story gets alarmingly dark and depressing even though it seems kind of thin in the beginning :(

It seems very dark for a pokemon game.

Does this have a really short playthrough, or are people just not sleeping to play this? Got challenged to a battle by some random guy who had yveltal and a bunch of other maxed out pokemon that could one shot me while I did only a pixel or two of damage with my toughest level 23 pokemon. Wasn't expecting to see that on day two.

Of course, my beating was made worse by the guy being a dick and prolonging the inevitable by cycling through all his pokemon and using buff abilities when he could have just beat me with that yveltal in six attacks. Made me think of level 60s sending random duel challenges to unsuspecting level 5s still in the starter area in WoW. I regret sending him a buff and rating him nice beforehand!

didn't check the whole thread, but for whoever wants to know, i found the ampharosite, ampharos's mega evolution stone. it's on the sea on route 12. just use surf, go foward and head left, then go to the little sand island with the fisherman and the old guy, and he'll give it to you.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Man Honedge just ate up the third gym. The first opposing Pokemon kept using fake out while I sword danced three times lol

Teknoman

Does this have a really short playthrough, or are people just not sleeping to play this? Got challenged to a battle by some random guy who had yveltal and a bunch of other maxed out pokemon that could one shot me while I did only a pixel or two of damage with my toughest level 23 pokemon. Wasn't expecting to see that on day two.

Of course, my beating was made worse by the guy being a dick and prolonging the inevitable by cycling through all his pokemon and using buff abilities when he could have just beat me with that yveltal in six attacks. Made me think of level 60s sending random duel challenges to unsuspecting level 5s still in the starter area in WoW. I regret sending him a buff and rating him nice beforehand!

Random battles via the PSS should have the option to set all Pokemon to level 50, so at least they are technically on even footing. Also no sleep.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I think picking up Squirtle wasn't my wisest choice. I really like Blastoise, but I plan on putting Vaporeon on my team as soon as I can, so I won't use it. Charizard is awesome too, but I'm gonna stick with my (not yet evolved) shiny Delphox. Bulbasaur would have been the smarter choice, but I don't really like him, and I already have a Chespin for my grass needs.

I hope I can get a way to trade the other original starters someday, I want them all.

Frolow

Banned
Starting the game up. I have all these menus on the bottom screen and don't know what the heck they do! Passerbys? Holo Caster? Shout Out?

Kemal86

so got damn many Honedge's. Finally got one with the nature I want...what to do with the other dozen and a half....

WUNDER TRADE, ACTIVATE.

I wish I knew that you would receive a
Lucario
later in the game. I had already EV trained one before I received it. If anyone wants an extra one for trade just tell me I'm looking for an haunter. It's nature is hasty.

Mik317

Delphox isn't that bad looking anymore

For a while there Braxien was getting bodied by everything, so I had to let her evolve (I was seriously feeling some regret about it as I was originally gonna pick Chespin but didn't want to use Torchic or Charmander as my fire Pokemon again...).

Still I can't have two psychic types... Meowstic is kinda badass tho.

Random battles via the PSS should have the option to set all Pokemon to level 50, so at least they are technically on even footing. Also no sleep.

It did set levels to 50, but that didn't seem to matter as far as damage went. All his attacks one shotted me, except for a fire attack on my charmeleon by his mega charizard y that left him with a couple pixels of red.

I'm assuming auto level doesn't affect stats, just raw level?

Wait a second, went to Bulbapedia to look at Bagon's page and under location for X/Y is says you must trade for it.

I've ran into two of them in the wild? So the page is wrong. Hmm.

But only those two. And they were right after each other. Hour and a half of searching later and no more. Really frustrating.

M3z_

This game is really weird. I have been playing for over 10 hours and I only have 1 badge. Also I have already hit my final evolution on my froakie, she is now lvl 36. Pacing seems way off right now, but at least I am having fun catching a shit load of different pokemon.

I think picking up Squirtle wasn't my wisest choice. I really like Blastoise, but I plan on putting Vaporeon on my team as soon as I can, so I won't use it. Charizard is awesome too, but I'm gonna stick with my (not yet evolved) shiny Delphox. Bulbasaur would have been the smarter choice, but I don't really like him, and I already have a Chespin for my grass needs.

I hope I can get a way to trade the other original starters someday, I want them all.

WTF you got a shiny Fenny at first load?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom