• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoyz

Pokedex doesn't work that way. Never has. You can just scroll to the bottom on the A-Z options in the GTS and type in the name.

Ah! Thanks. Testing my luck with a Ditto. Trades for all the starters and X-Exclusives have been nearly instantaneous :)

Does the Friend Safari allow you to catch anything? As in will it be possible to finish the National Dex without the bank?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Actually it was my fifth start, but that's only because I used the first 4 to get me and another GAFfer all 3 initial starters. I got lucky on my fifth and last one, and the Fennekin I picked as my main starter was a shiny.

Really? That's great to hear! Gonna experiment with that feature.

Also, the online play in this game is fantastic. I was surprised to see how smooth our battle went.

Wait, how do you give yourself all 3 initial starters?

Robin64

Aaand I'm stuck. (Spoilers for after 4th Gym).

I beat Team Flare at the Power Plant. Why is Lumiose still blacked out? Where do I go?

You should be able to get to the center of Lumiose, the tower, to see the power come back on there.

Tygamr

Finally got an Abra.

Also, can anyone tell me how to add someone to friends in-game? I have a friend on my system friendlist, and he bought Pokemon too, but we dunno how to add each other to the list in the game.

Robin64

Finally got an Abra.

Also, can anyone tell me how to add someone to friends in-game? I have a friend on my system friendlist, and he bought Pokemon too, but we dunno how to add each other to the list in the game.

It's automatic. Just make sure you both are actually online, Pokemon doesn't do it automatically.

^ Haha, dude, not cool posting the entire list.

This game is really weird. I have been playing for over 10 hours and I only have 1 badge. Also I have already hit my final evolution on my froakie, she is now lvl 36. Pacing seems way off right now, but at least I am having fun catching a shit load of different pokemon.
I don't know how you guys are doing things like this. I'm 13 hours in and on my way to my seventh badge.

Teknoman

It really is! And I have no idea; I haven't done PvP since I maxed out my Delphox and Amaura in Amie. So far the effects I know about:

No real effect:
- Trainer gives encouraging words at the start of battle
- Pokemon turns as if to express confidence in you before battling
- Text that says that they're confident in you
- *Pokemon* and *Trainer* are breathing in sync
- Words of encouragement after an attack

In-battle effects:
- Dodges more often from reading your mind
- Free sturdy: Pokemon hangs on to show you its tough side
- Critical hits from being in sync with you
- Heals status effects (only saw burn healed this way)

So how do you get them to stay happy and full? Or is this something you have to constantly check on?

So how do you get them to stay happy and full? Or is this something you have to constantly check on?

I don't think you have to do it constantly, but what I usually do is play a couple of games and get the best Poke Puffs I can - they seem to yield the greatest happiness increases. Then, feed them and pet them a bit. Generally works. After you've maxed them out (you should see a flood of hearts three times indicating this - two times just means that they moved up another level of happiness, I think), then battle and enjoy. Oh, they also get boosted experience points.

Wonder trade is so stupid and yet I can't stop doing it. Just beat the 3rd gym. My current team is:

Chesnaught
Blastoise
Tyrunt
Talonflame
Gardevior
Diggersby (who I'm mainly using for strength and cut right now)

What else is strong against Fairy besides poison?

Ferrio

Banned
Pokemon alerted me that it was my friend's birthday. Then to further blow my mind we realized there was a voice chat option, and I wished him a happy birthday over it. This game is full of everything.

In Couriway Town, is
Sycamore's treasure just a Rare Candy? I want to make sure that I'm not missing something.

Yeah! Got an Espurr. Anyone using this guy?

Yeah I have a Meowstic now. The female one is better since it gets more offensive moves.

Are there any flying Pokemon I should have my eye out for, or is Pidgeot good enough?

Pidgeot is decent but there are much better options like Staraptor, Swellow and maybe Dodrio. I've heard that Hawlucha is pretty good too.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So if I wanted to how do I transfer my pokemans from pmon black?

ramyeon

I don't know how you guys are doing things like this. I'm 13 hours in and on my way to my seventh badge.
Catching a lot, super training, exploring every corner of routes. I was at about 13 hours when I got my second badge. Now well over 20 hours and just got the fifth - the pacing speeds up a lot after the second gym.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Hate how you have to re-connect to the Internet every time you beat the Elite 4 because it sends you back to the title screen.
Edit: hrrrrrrrg 600k more to be done with shopping.

DMG-01

Does anyone remember where? I missed out on that.

I had missed it too, but Serebii has this pic on his site:
laprasgift.jpg

So talk to this guy, I guess.

Roto13

What's the point of pokemon breeding anyways? Do both pokemon have to be the same level?

There's a bunch of reasons to breed Pokemon. It's easier than catching new ones, there are some pokemon that you can only get more than one of if you breed them or trade for them (like starters), you can get baby pokemon like Pichu from breeding, you can use it to pass down natures and IV's from parents, you can pass down moves from parents (even moves that Pokemon won't be able to learn naturally), etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom