• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
They did so many things right, yet they still have HMs. Starting to get really old. It'd be one thing if they made stuff like Cut at least more useful in battle or the stupid bushes stayed gone like the strength puzzles remain solved.

Teknoman

Pokemon Amie is hella overpowered. My Amaura just blew on its burn so that I wouldn't worry about it, then read my mind so as to avoid an opponent's attack. Shit's insane.

Wait wait wait....wait. Thats like some TV show stuff!

Does that stuff activate in player vs player?

Enthus

Just finished the game! I wiped the floor with the Elite Four. I had Venusaur, Tyrantrum, Blaziken, Golurk, Raichu, and Greninja.

I think picking up Squirtle wasn't my wisest choice. I really like Blastoise, but I plan on putting Vaporeon on my team as soon as I can, so I won't use it. Charizard is awesome too, but I'm gonna stick with my (not yet evolved) shiny Delphox. Bulbasaur would have been the smarter choice, but I don't really like him, and I already have a Chespin for my grass needs.

I hope I can get a way to trade the other original starters someday, I want them all.

Pics or the shiny is fake.

Bladenic

They did so much things right, yet they still have HMs. Starting to get really old. It'd be one thing if they made stuff like Cut at least more useful in battle or the stupid bushes stayed gone like the strength puzzles remain solved.

HMs are like the one goddamn thing they won't get rid of. It's not like any of them are used interestingly except a few Strength puzzles over the years. Ugh.

Wait wait wait....wait. Thats like some TV show stuff!

Does that stuff activate in player vs player?

It really is! And I have no idea; I haven't done PvP since I maxed out my Delphox and Amaura in Amie. So far the effects I know about:

No real effect:
- Trainer gives encouraging words at the start of battle
- Pokemon turns as if to express confidence in you before battling
- Text that says that they're confident in you
- *Pokemon* and *Trainer* are breathing in sync
- Words of encouragement after an attack

In-battle effects:
- Dodges more often from reading your mind
- Free sturdy: Pokemon hangs on to show you its tough side
- Critical hits from being in sync with you
- Heals status effects (only saw burn healed this way)

I bought Pokemon Y; what is the most sensible way to get Xerneas. I am thinking people who got X would be reluctant to trade their legendary ever.

Events? I seriously thought It'd be like Gold and Silver where your version simply determined which legendary you got first. Now I am freaking out because I bought a Xerneas free game :'(. I would go switch it, but I did not even wait for the receipt because I was too exited.

I bought Pokemon Y; what is the most sensible way to get Xerneas. I am thinking people who got X would be reluctant to trade their legendary ever.

Events? I seriously thought It'd be like Gold and Silver where your version simply determined which legendary you got first. Now I am freaking out because I bought a Xerneas free game :'(. I would go switch it, but I did not even wait for the receipt because I was too exited.

Wait until Pokemon Bank comes out and people restart their game after depositing.

I wish it was like Gold/Silver.

Instead, it seems they changed it with DPP. Now you only get the only one on the cover. It's extremely lame.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Hawlucha
can't be used in Sky Battles? That's some bullshit. I haven't encountered any other flying Pokemon I give a crap about.

Gregorn

A Japanese girl gave me bonus xp in return for my charmander, I think that means she likes me. She'll forever have her special charizard called 'Love' while dreaming of this romantic guy way over in England. <3

Anyone want a charmander?
0516-7743-5681

Trey

HMs are like the one goddamn thing they won't get rid of. It's not like any of them are used interestingly except a few Strength puzzles over the years. Ugh.

It's more noticeable in this game because EXPShare encourages running with a full team of six, so having to employ an HM Slave is much more irritating. So far I just yank one out of the box when I need it really quick.

pariah164

Aaand I'm stuck. (Spoilers for after 4th Gym).

I beat Team Flare at the Power Plant. Why is Lumiose still blacked out? Where do I go?

Dr. Buni

What's your team because from some of your posts we seems to have gone quite similarly, unless I'm mistaking you with someone else haha
My team changes quite a lot, but there are three Pokémon I've been using since the early routes: Delphox, Doublade and Aromatisse. I've used Pancham, Gengar, Flabébé, Chesnaught and some others but didn't like them so much. (I will give Flabébé another try though). So, were you missing me for someone else?

Kyzer

Banned
This is really the game of forever.

Just got my second badge, my team is great, and im having a ton of fun. I think a testament to the variety of this game is I was able to sleep after playing for thirtwen straight hours without having some weird dream about mashing a.

Picking a Kanto starter now, question before I do:

Can I capture a Lapras in this game?

I want Charmander, cause he's my bro, and damn that Mega Charizard X. BUT I'm already pushing it with having both Torich and Fennikin.

Bulbasaur is a bro as well, and my favorite, and I need a grass type, BUT squirtle is pretty chill as well. And I REALLY need a water type. However if I can get a Lapras, my favorite Water Pokemon, I don't need Squirtle.

DMG-01

I want Charmander, cause he's my bro, and damn that Mega Charizard X. BUT I'm already pushing it with having both Torich and Fennikin.

Bulbasaur is a bro as well, and my favorite, and I need a grass type, BUT squirtle is pretty chill as well. And I REALLY need a water type. However if I can get a Lapras, my favorite Water Pokemon, I don't need Squirtle.
Yep. In fact, you get a free one after the third(?) gym. It's either the third or fourth.

My team changes quite a lot, but there are three Pokémon I've been using since the early routes: Delphox, Doublade and Aromatisse. I've used Pancham, Gengar, Flabébé, Chesnaught and some others but didn't like them so much. (I will give Flabébé another try though). So, were you missing me for someone else?

I think I may have remembered you talking about Braixen, Pancham and Flabebe at one point and thinking how remarkably similar our teams were shaping up but they obviously aren't anymore!

You are given Lapras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom