• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Yeah! Got an Espurr. Anyone using this guy?

Using the female Meowstick at the moment. She isn't too bad honestly. Running psybeam, psyshock, charge beam, shadow ball. Kinda frail, but pretty fast actually.

Wait for Pokemon Bank to launch in December.

... Thanksgiving?

Oh. Right. Canada.

Lets play a game of Canada? or Time Traveler? I can't imagine a world in which Thanksgiving wasn't a prelude to Halloween.

I am far too embarrassed to admit how long it took to find
The key card
on route 13..

DMG-01

Anyone else think the bottom screen is horribly designed? I'm about 8 hours in and still fumbling through their menu design.

I actually really like it, especially the quick menu buttons on the bottom. I just miss the battery indicator and the clock. RIPIP.

ramyeon

I had missed it too, but Serebii has this pic on his site:
laprasgift.jpg

So talk to this guy, I guess.
Yeah it's directly after you get Surf from your rival.

CLEEK

I finally popped my Pokemon cherry. Pokemon Y is my first ever experience of the franchise (outside of the cartoon). Just caught a wild Pikachu!

Boogiepop

... I just spent like half an hour wandering
Terminus Cave
because I somehow missed the straightforward path to the next town. I feel dumb.

I haven't breeded in a while. Do natures and iv and etc get determined when an egg is made or when it hatches?

I know as of gen 4 its when the egg was made. Don't see that changing. People are juuuuuust now starting to breed. Who knows what funky changes they've made in gen 6 :)

ramyeon

Serebii says Mawile is in Glittering Cave, but the spreadsheet doesn't.
Is it in there?

I've been here a while now.
Yes, that's where I caught mine.

So I just beat the fifth gym and is it just me or are there really little choice for clothes at this point in the game? Most towns don't even have a shop for them.

Man I just played like 8 battles online against randoms and I've been absolutely wrecking with my team.

-Yveltal
(He's ridiculous online because Oblivion Wing is so powerful and it also gives you back health. Plus he has Disable which is very very useful.)

-Mega Charizard Y (Mega Charazard Y > Mega Charazard X)

-Greninja
(The final evolution of the best starter.)

Ferrio

Banned
There's a bunch of reasons to breed Pokemon. It's easier than catching new ones, there are some pokemon that you can only get more than one of if you breed them or trade for them (like starters), you can get baby pokemon like Pichu from breeding, you can use it to pass down natures and IV's from parents, you can pass down moves from parents (even moves that Pokemon won't be able to learn naturally), etc..

How would a child not be able to get the same move as the parents? It's the same pokemon isn't it?

Shoyz

Got a Xerneas! Only X exclusives I need now are the <Gen5s
Pokedex progress 39 hours in:
318 Seen 218 Caught

Ultimadrago

My entire second day of Pokemon spent on hunting Abra and now breeding them, all to get a whole different Pokemon!

I love this shit.

Anyone else think the bottom screen is horribly designed? I'm about 8 hours in and still fumbling through their menu design.

I only hate how horribly compressed the mini-game splash images are.

daripad

So I got
Eevee and I don't know at what level I should evolve it. I still don't know if I want Umbreom or Jolteon. Which is better? At what level should I evolve it? Consider I already have Honedge, Amaura, Kirlia, Frogadier and Ivysaur with me

If anyone wants really good clothing then unlock the Lumious City Boutique. That store has the best clothing I've seen so far. It's really pricey but it's worth going through all the objectives.

I've finally got my black jacket :D

ramyeon

If anyone wants really good clothing then unlock the Lumious City Boutique. That store has the best clothing I've seen so far. It's really pricey but it's worth going through all the objectives.

I've finally got my black jacket :D
How do you unlock it? Does it have to be post-game?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Are there no time-sensitive encounters in this game?
Running into Noctowls and Jigglys in the sun is mind-boggling.

Roto13

How would a child not be able to get the same move as the parents? It's the same pokemon isn't it?

The father doesn't have to be the same pokemon. Like a skitty can mate with a wailord. :p The baby will always be the same pokemon as the mother, unless the mother is a ditto.

How do you unlock it? Does it have to be post-game?

Lots of tasks that take a while:
1) Battle the 1 and 2 star Restaurants
2) Go to a few of the Cafes and talk to everyone
3) Do the hotel minigames
4) Talk to the woman who has the go goat in the Anime (she is in the tourist centre the building with the book symbol next to it)
5) get the contacts case and shoot a video
6)Defeat 4 different trainers in the small alleyways
Got it from GameFaqs. Don't worry it's legit, I did it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom