• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Buni

Trevenant is really awesome, but it is lacking a Grass-type move for that sweet STAB. And I still need two more Pokémon. Guess I will catch a Flabébé...

Seibmoz

So I resetting for my starter to be female, can anyone confirm that when you are giving them there nickname that the gender can be different than male?

Courage

Since my Pancham also has a -10% attack, do you guys think I should ditch her for Lucario? Might also ditch Raichu for Helioptile.

ramyeon

I'll trade you a Goomy that is only a couple of levels away from evolving. I don't really like the Pokemon but left it in my party anyway.
Ohh that's okay I just caught one now actually haha. Need to check it's nature and EV train it anyway. Thanks for the offer though :D they seem to be pretty hard to find on Route 14.

It really is! And I have no idea; I haven't done PvP since I maxed out my Delphox and Amaura in Amie. So far the effects I know about:

No real effect:
- Trainer gives encouraging words at the start of battle
- Pokemon turns as if to express confidence in you before battling
- Text that says that they're confident in you
- *Pokemon* and *Trainer* are breathing in sync
- Words of encouragement after an attack

In-battle effects:
- Dodges more often from reading your mind
- Free sturdy: Pokemon hangs on to show you its tough side
- Critical hits from being in sync with you
- Heals status effects (only saw burn healed this way)

Wat. I didn't know Amie had any effect on battle. I need to start using it.

Elija2

Did a random Wonder Trade and traded my level 10 Farfetch'd for a level 7 Flabebe. Good trade?

I feel like you can totally get screwed by doing a Wonder Trade, but it's supposed to be used to get rid of Pokemon you don't want so I guess it does it's job.

jokkir

So I resetting for my starter to be female, can anyone confirm that when you are giving them there nickname that the gender can be different than male?

I think you have to restart the entire game to get a different gender. At least that;s what I had to do

Ellasman

Lol I want an eevee. I think I'm close to the route. And yea I've been doing that. I wanted to catch a lot of pokemon this time around so it works out. Today I've gotten some high level guys like kefka and pawniard. It is so random yet addicting.

I would have given you Diksweat but I already pawned it off.

jokkir

Did a random Wonder Trade and traded my level 10 Farfetch'd for a level 7 Flabebe. Good trade?

I feel like you can totally get screwed by doing a Wonder Trade, but it's supposed to be used to get rid of Pokemon you don't want so I guess it does it's job.

Nah. You can catch a Flabebe so easily

Anura

Going to ask again because I think My last post got swallowed up. Anyone want to trade X exclusives for my Machoke/champ or electrike/pupatar

ramyeon

Am I right in thinking Modest would be a good nature for Goomy? It's kinda difficult to guess for the new mons since I don't know their movepools well enough.

Level up in the day time at 39+ IIRC.

I'm over that level, so will it go automatically after the next day time fight? I remember having that plant in the group during the start of the game that needs high affection to evolve so I've put it away and next time I checked the box, it actually was evolved.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Pics or the shiny is fake.
Sure thing!

Yup!

ieIiHLO.jpg

Got it on my fifth start. The first 4 were made so a GAFfer and me could get all 3 starters. Somehow I got lucky on my fourth (and definitive) restart, and the Pokemon I chose to be my main turned out to be shiny.
It's a Braixen now, but I haven't taken pics of it yet. I can do it if you want, of course.

Camjo-Z

Pancham has been the ultimate HM slave so far. Easy to get early on, packing Strength, Rock Smash, Cut, AND Surf, and without even needing to be evolved? Definitely useful.

Every time I try to trade for a finnekin on the gts I keep getting a communications issue and I'm told to turn the 3ds off, it's odd because wonder trade works fine anyone else get this?

Jintor

Wonder Trading off these excess pokemon is fantastic

holy shit just traded away my shitty (but evolved) bunny for a Froakie!

Ultimadrago

Man, all this breeding is tiresome. Give me Adamant/Synchronize, dammit!

Well, at least I got a Timid/Sp.Atk IV heavy Abra out of it. Wasn't planning on maining one, but I will now!

Trey

Man, all this breeding is tiresome. Give me Adamant/Synchronize, dammit!

Well, at least I got a Timid/Sp.Atk IV heavy Abra out of it. Wasn't planning on maining one, but I will now!

I'm looking for an Adamant Abra, myself. Also a Timid and Jolly one.

I really like Wonder Trade. Even if you do just get a bunch of repeats of early game fluff (though I've gotten an opposite version exclusive and a couple other decent things too), it's just fun to throw something into the void and see what you get back.

Plus you get the joy of sharing nicknames like NoGluvNoLuv, WhatIsLuv? and WatLuvGot2Do throughout the world.

yami4ct

You still have to "see" a Pokemon to request it on the GTS? that's kind of annoying. What's the best way to see the Kalos starters? I of course have my fennekin in there and the rival Chespin, but then I don't have Froakie. Just his second form. What's the best way to fill that in or did I somehow miss my chance?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Hey that gives me hope (lol)

Is there anything you would be willing to trade that for? Shiny anything else?
Sorry, but I'd rather keep it :(

Wait, how do you give yourself all 3 initial starters?
By trading it with a fellow GAFfer, then restarting the game and picking another one. Rinse and repeat, until he had two of each one (except for the one he was chose at first, and the one I was going to make my main). Then I started my definitive game where I picked Fennekin, caught two disposable mons and traded them for the other 2 starters, which were being held by him.

Fortunately it only takes between 10 and 15 minutes to get fron zero to the point where you can catch your first mon so you can trade the starter (it requires you to have 2 mons in the party before you're able to trade).

ramyeon

You still have to "see" a Pokemon to request it on the GTS? that's kind of annoying. What's the best way to see the Kalos starters? I of course have my fennekin in there and the rival Chespin, but then I have Froakie. Just his second form. What's the best way to fill that in or did I somehow miss my chance?
Scroll down to the bottom of the A-Z list.

Has anyone tried Random Matches online yet? I was wondering if it was any different than battling in B/W. Is it still 3v3, Lvl.50, and no Legendaries? Are there any other type of modes (other than doubles/triples)?

Sure thing!

It's a Braixen now, but I haven't taken pics of it yet. I can do it if you want, of course.

IVE BEEN WAITEEEEEENNN FOR A GIRL LIKE YOU.......

Seriously still soft resetting over here. Think I've been doing this for about 8 hours. I figure hell all of yall will get bored of the game in a week, and by then I'll have my fenny, and I'll still have a brand new pokemon game waiting for me Muahahahahahahahahahah...going insane over here. But thanks for letting me keep my eye on the prize

Courage

So do you get Fly before or after the 4th gym? Asking because I wanna fly back to one of the routes to capture Helioptile and train him before the water gym leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom