• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm really floored this game has voice chat. They pulled no stops... first ds game where I feel the online portion is not only decent but god damned brilliant.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Run into a horde of Nosepass. They all know Block. They're all Sturdy. Couldn't switch to someone who could take them all out simultaneously.

Bastards.

Just leave two compatible Pokémon together at the daycare, and talk to the man outside the daycare. If he has an egg for you, take it, if he doesn't, walk for a while and talk to him again.

With compatible, I mean that they should be either from the same Egg Group, or a Pokémon + Ditto.

Okay, thanks! I'll have to look into egg groups, but that'll get me started at least.

emb

Hmm... looks like Serebii's IV calc doesn't have new Pokemon in it yet, and I'd like to get some idea about how this Xerneas is. Is there a similar one out there (with new Pokemon in it, or that let's you manually input the base states)? Or will I have to do this the old fashioned way? (This'll be especially hard, since as far as I know we don't seem to have solid base numbers anyway)

ramyeon

It's done.

mXQeJ55.jpg

EV trained to max in Speed and Attack, raised from level 1 to 45 so I could get Flare Blitz. Now just need to find the move relearner so I can put Thunder Fang on him and maybe Extremespeed.

mandiller

Is there a definitive way to get a Slyveon?
I've heard you need to max out Pokemon Amie, but I've also heard it needs to know a Fairy-type move? What's the sure fire method?

clemenx

Banned
Ugh. I thought I had accepted the low number of new Pokemon but starting the game now and I'm just so pissed at this forest spamming Weedles at me :( I want to see new monsters. Sigh.

Few questions:

What are the best EVs for

Dodrio
Venusaur
Fennekin's evo
Ninjask
and Azumarill

Also, since people cannot access the game's code (AFAIK), are there possibilities that there are more Mega evolutions people haven't found yet?

GamerSoul

Question: is it a good idea to try to strength train quilladin's speed stat or should I just try to further strengthen its naturally better stats like defense?

ramyeon

Question: is it a good idea to try to strength train quilladin's speed stat or should I just try to further strengthen its naturally better stats like defense?
Attack & Defence, from what I gather EVs should always strengthen skills not make up for what they're lacking.

Ellasman

I really like Wonder Trade. Even if you do just get a bunch of repeats of early game fluff (though I've gotten an opposite version exclusive and a couple other decent things too), it's just fun to throw something into the void and see what you get back.

Plus you get the joy of sharing nicknames like NoGluvNoLuv, WhatIsLuv? and WatLuvGot2Do throughout the world.

I mentioned it earlier. I got an Eevee named Diksweat

Bladenic

He'll still be slow, just max his already high stats. Probably def/attack, but HP could be a choice too.

Rookje

Running around accidentally aggroing pokemon in the grass is still the most frustrating thing about the game. Stopped playing it this morning cause of that.

Has anyone seen a Corsola in their Coastal dex? Can anyone tell me if the location Serebii listed is correct? I've been fishing with a good rod for about an hour and a half and I've found nothing but damn Remoraids and Clamperls.

Man I love this bike theme. It's just so freaking HAPPY. At the 7th Gym city now I think. My team as of now:

Chesnaught Lv46
Charizard Lv46
Malamar Lv 45
Sylveon Lv 47
Lapras Lv 43
Gabite Lv 45

Anyone know where to find
Garchompite? I want to Mega evolve Garchomp in battle ASAP after Gabite evolves.
(Should I really spoiler that?)

ramyeon

Guys I haven't bred anything since Gen 2 so I'm out of the loop but, I really wanna breed my Goomy since it'll probably be quicker than farming them in the wild.

What's the general process? Which pokemon can breed successfully with Goomy?

BowieZ

Banned
So how am I going, everyone. My first serious play of a Pokemon game:

11 hours
2 badges
118 pokedex (49 caught)

Is that ok? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom