• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm...
BWf4bT7IMAAmIbu.jpg
Man these hints couldn't be less subtle.

Omzz

Gahhh was just settled on my electric pokemon being Raichu, but then I get a
ampharosite...considering training my mareep now

Zafir

Wow, that's gotta be the most unlucky crit on me ever. :(

After 3rd gym spoilers -
When you have to battle with Lucario vs Korrin's Lucario, I used mega evo with power up punch, was super effective got the enemy to yellow, she did the exact same thing and got a crit. One hit kill. Lucky son of a gun. I redid it and won the second time, seems the conversation after doesn't really change anyway, heh!

Growlie19

Fourth gym complete! Charizard completely trivialized it, especially with its Y mega form.
My team:
Charizard @ Charizardite Y with Shadow Claw, Fly, Scary Face, and Flame Burst.
Raichu with Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Dig, and Tail Whip.
Greninja with Surf, Smack Down, Round, and Smokescreen.
Floette @ Eviolite with Wish, Grass Blizzard, Fairy Wind, and Aromatherapy.
Gogoat @ Rocky Helmet with Return, Seed Bomb, Bulldoze, and Bulk Up.

BTW, I'm looking to catch a Skrelp. Anyone know where to find them?

yami4ct

Super Trained up my Honedge. Wow that thing's a beast. Can't even imagine what Aegislash is going to be. Probably going to be my favorite pokemon this gen.

Blasty

Fourth gym complete! Charizard completely trivialized it, especially with its Y mega form.
My team:
Charizard @ Charizardite Y with Shadow Claw, Fly, Scary Face, and Flame Burst.
Raichu with Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Dig, and Tail Whip.
Greninja with Surf, Smack Down, Round, and Smokescreen.
Floette @ Eviolite with Wish, Grass Blizzard, Fairy Wind, and Aromatherapy.
Gogoat @ Rocky Helmet with Return, Seed Bomb, Bulldoze, and Bulk Up.

BTW, I'm looking to catch a Skrelp. Anyone know where to find them?

You can get a Skrelp on route 8 using the good rod. You get the good rod in Coumarine City

Probably a dumb question, but I never really got deep into previous Pokemon games...how do you breed? Is it at the day-care? Do you need items? I have a male and female Eevee that I figured I would breed since they seem to be popular.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Exp share is a god like addition to the game considering they just give it to you early on vs kinda of being a special item.

Also I'm slow and haven't played much, but I got my first fairy Pokemon!!!

Hadn't really been following this game at all. I'm a very casual Pokemon fan at best, usually try out one of the games every 3 years, play it for 10 or 20 hours and then get bored.

I assumed this was gonna be more of the same, but after watching some videos, holy shit, they finally upgraded the look of the game! Battle animations! 3D Graphics!

Might have to try this one out. Is it not available on Eshop?

hort

Neo Member
Can you catch a pancham with iron fist before the town with the snorlax problem (forget the name) all I could find were ones with mold breaker

Probably a dumb question, but I never really got deep into previous Pokemon games...how do you breed? Is it at the day-care? Do you need items? I have a male and female Eevee that I figured I would breed since they seem to be popular.
Just leave two compatible Pokémon together at the daycare, and talk to the man outside the daycare. If he has an egg for you, take it, if he doesn't, walk for a while and talk to him again.

With compatible, I mean that they should be either from the same Egg Group, or a Pokémon + Ditto.

Hadn't really been following this game at all. I'm a very casual Pokemon fan at best, usually try out one of the games every 3 years, play it for 10 or 20 hours and then get bored.

I assumed this was gonna be more of the same, but after watching some videos, holy shit, they finally upgraded the look of the game! Battle animations! 3D Graphics!

Go for it! It's on the eShop.
It brings a smile to my face seeing old Pokémon fans/series newcomers getting into the series with this game!

Elija2

Every time I go to the HOME menu, even for just a second, when I return to the game I get an error and have to reconnect to the Internet. What's up with that?

Also, who are all the people in my Passerby list?

Jintor

Can you catch a pancham with iron fist before the town with the snorlax problem (forget the name) all I could find were ones with mold breaker

You can get panchams with iron fist?!? holy shit

gonna be breeding for one like crazy when endgame rolls around

yami4ct

It's out on eShop. That's how I bought mine. Love having all my games digital, especially since I have a bad habit of losing individual cards. Having them all there at any giving time is amazing.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Laying it on so thick lol, can't wait though.

See this reference is obvious.

Can some one explain the other guy? the "i come from a far away land" dude and why everyone was losing their shit? because i saw him, i read his text.. and got no indication it was discussing hoenn as everyone else seemed to think so. (or what ever region it was)

I'm slightly concerned that people are treating Panda as an HM slave.

I'm even more concerned that people are treating Surf as an HM slave move.

Jintor

I'm slightly concerned that people are treating Panda as an HM slave.

I'm even more concerned that people are treating Surf as an HM slave move.

Panda's evolution is so fucking boss treating him as a HM Slave seems wrong. I'll give him strength and that's it!

Zenaku

So after finishing the game I finally find out how to get the twin-tails hairstyle shown in the artwork on the main site; would've liked that earlier.

I rushed through my first playthrough, too, hoping there'd be a hard/challenge mode, but there's no sign of one. I'd have liked to restart and do a slower, more even run, and breed some of my Pokemon to get my preferred team early, but I only now know the bank won't be available for a while.

Would asking a gaffer to help me transfer Pokemon to a ew save be the only option right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom