• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cafemomo

breeder best girl prove me wrong

BBI3Mgk.jpg

Mr-Joker

Banned
Is there a definitive way to get a Slyveon?
I've heard you need to max out Pokemon Amie, but I've also heard it needs to know a Fairy-type move? What's the sure fire method?

It's both otherwise without a fairy type move and Eevee will evolve into Umbreon or Espeon.

I have found that petting, then feeding then the game raises the affection really quickly.

yami4ct

Alright. So I finally got to where I can get an Eevee. Thinking of running a Sylveon for my team's fairy type. Really like her for some reason. Anyone got any good builds for her? What moves, natures and EVs should I be on the lookout for. Know it's way too early to tell long term, but I'm sure someone can point me in a good direction.

Had this game since 3pm CST yesterday, clocking out today with 13:38 invested and close to the 7th Gym Leader. Seriously may be my GOTY this year

Anura

Aww yiss! Found a Charmeleon in the Friend safari, glad I started with Balbasuar! Didn't someone say you can buy his mega stone somewhere?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Should I evolve Kirlia or wait for it to learn Psychic? Also, does Kirlia/Gardevoir learn any decent fairy moves?

Gardevoir learns psychic at around 38-40. Can't remember which.

Also no, she hasn't naturally learnt any fairy type moves, but the fairy gym gives you a TM for a pretty strong one.

TabrisRyu

I need friends for the friend safari, I'm leaving my info here. if you add me I'll add you back!

Tabris 0645 - 5817 - 5952

This game is addicting

Fletcher

I'm a couple of hours in and I'm really glad I decided to buy this game. Great fun so far. I just need to take those damn roller skates off. Hard to control exactly where I want to go.

Anyone knows if the spanish option translates everything to spanish because I am afraid its a Spain translation and everything would be in spanish even the items and attacks.

Jesus, I'm eleven hours in and just did the second gym. Am I playing this game wrong?

Nope, just taking your time haha, I caught a few of the rarer Pokemon in areas, but I usually get the main game over with so I can start doing post game stuff such as breeding, EV training and competitive team building.

Speaking of which, is anyone going to organize an online tournament here within the next few weeks? If whoever is in charge needs help, I'm pretty good with managing tournaments and can make sure everything is in order, just incase whoever needs help.

Busaiku

I wasted nearly 6-8 hours looking for Tailow.
I'm at 20 hours and still haven't faced the 2nd gym.

WHERE IS THIS STUPID TAILOW

Gurrry

Ive noticed alot of FPS dips and slowdowns in the game.. especially when you turn on 3D...

Its a shame they couldnt get it to be 100% 3D without the issues.

Maybe next time

I love the Hex Girl's appearance, her eyes make her look cool.

I forgot his name but he's a guy who has like 3 Pichu's (or some other Pokemon) surrounding him on his battle appearance. I think it's Pokefan but I may be wrong.

So, anyone else notice animations borrowed from Stadium or Coliseum?

Noticed Spoink is exactly the same, entirely. Zigzagoon's attack animation is the same, don't remember his other animations so I can't tell. Doduo has the same idle animation as Stadium (but not his neat "nope" finger talon wag from Stadium). Some of them were cleaned up a bit or sped up (like Arodactyl's hurt animation), but they're still the same.

Now I knew this would be the case, just an observation basically. It's nice they toned down some of them though, some of them from Stadium were crazy (Arodactyl rolling into a ball and spinning in mid air for his attacks for example) or stupid ones like Zubat's entire line's Stadium animations which were terrible.

But yea, the battle animations make this game for me. I've wanted a Stadium style battle system since the GS days, this is perfect!

Ive noticed alot of FPS dips and slowdowns in the game.. especially when you turn on 3D...

Its a shame they couldnt get it to be 100% 3D without the issues.

Maybe next time

I never have 3D on, and I notice some dips. Mostly on the cut always showing both Pokemon close up with a big or animated Pokemon. It always happens with Pigeot for me, for example. I think it's his complex idle animation.

Try a triple battle. The frame rate is terrible on those.

:lol Won my first ever online Pokemon battle against some Japanese guy with an Yveltal and a Mega Venusaur. My Heliolisk and Florges dominated them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom