• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSLink

Banned
Okay how the hell do I access the "ready button menu"? Its in the manual! That I press Y to open it! But how do I put things on it? Why can't I just hit a check mark like in BW?

Pick a key item, press register.

Is Dragon-type not super-effective against Dragon anymore? I used Dragon Rage twice in a row on Fraxure/Axew and neither times did it say it was super effective. What is that about?

Dragon Rage never does super effective damage because it always does 40 HP of damage.

Malamar may be my favorite Gen VI Pokémon. I just love that thing's design. It's a friggin upside-down squid with a face. Plus it has an amazing Psychic and Dark movepool.

Ferga

Spent 40minutes resetting tyrunts to get an adamant nature. I finally got one and its best IV is special attack.

Screw it. I'll just breed it post game.

I think I'm getting a bit too obsessive with natures right now.

My team is looking like it's going to be the following:

Charizard X
Greninja
Lucario
Gardevoir
Aegislash
Goodra

...do I have the most generic team of all time? I am thinking about ditching Lucario just because he seems a bit too good, and I had one on my team throughout the entirety of Black 2. Any recommendations on a good fighting type? I am one level away from Kirlia becoming Gardevoir but I've pretty much decided against a Gallade.

Just beat the 7th Gym, it would have been glorious in 3D.
Here's my team
Delphox 59
Aigeslash 57
Dragalge 56
Aurorus 56
Pangoro 45
Talonflame 50

famfrit

It's done.

mXQeJ55.jpg

EV trained to max in Speed and Attack, raised from level 1 to 45 so I could get Flare Blitz. Now just need to find the move relearner so I can put Thunder Fang on him and maybe Extremespeed.

Explain to us how to get a Arcanine in XY !!!!!!!!

It's possible to get a metagross with the same trick ?

My team is looking like it's going to be the following:

Charizard X
Greninja
Lucario
Gardevoir
Aegislash
Goodra

...do I have the most generic team of all time? I am thinking about ditching Lucario just because he seems a bit too good, and I had one on my team throughout the entirety of Black 2. Any recommendations on a good fighting type? I am one level away from Kirlia becoming Gardevoir but I've pretty much decided against a Gallade.

machamp is a decent one (actually its really good)
medicham is another one
and throh is also preety good especially with the buffed up 60 power storm throw

Casanova

Ok. So I bought Pokemon X today and the blue Pokemon X version of the 3DSXL (will post some pics on request)... it is beautiful! Anyways, the game is amazing so far, I love the revamped graphics, the music, the gameplay, everything. I am a bit overwhelmed thouhg, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I haven't played since Gen. 2 and now there are sooooo many more Pokemon. I don't even know where to start. I don't know which Pokemon are worth training and I absolutely do not know their evolution tree. Does anyone have a basic rundown of all thing Pokemon that I need to know before I get even more overwhelmed with this game? Is there any way to check that kind of stuff in-game? Should I even worry about any of it?

Elija2

I feel like I made a mistake getting Charmander instead of Squirtle considering I already have Torchic as a fire Pokemon.

Has anybody with Y seen a Taillow horde or Zagoose on route 8? The spreadsheet says you can find them there on either version, but I've looking for a while and seen neither.

ramyeon

Explain to us how to get a Arcanine in XY !!!!!!!!

It's possible to get a metagross with the same trick ?
Got Growlithe at level 1 off the GTS, they were asking for any level Horsea in exchange. No idea how they caught it originally, there aren't many on there.

Sigmaah

These S Bags in super training are insulting. A bunch of clicking just for a single EV point? Should've been 4/8/12 for S/M/L.

I think it is like that lol, u can get S, M, and L punching bags, I think l gives u 12, pretty sure I was doing that not too long ago.

Have all the mega evolutions been discovered or are there still more out there no one has discovered yet?

Has anybody with Y seen a Taillow horde or Zagoose on route 8? The spreadsheet says you can find them there on either version, but I've looking for a while and seen neither.

Got 3-4 hordes of Zangooses (always with one Seviper) there. You should be able to find some.

Does anyone know if you can change your surname during the game? Li'l A sounds kind of weird after a while...

Trey

Spent 40minutes resetting tyrunts to get an adamant nature. I finally got one and its best IV is special attack.

Screw it. I'll just breed it post game.

I think I'm getting a bit too obsessive with natures right now.

I'm currently trying to catch a whole bunch of synchronizers with the relevant natures. I know your pain.

Ok. So I bought Pokemon X today and the blue Pokemon X version of the 3DSXL (will post some pics on request)... it is beautiful! Anyways, the game is amazing so far, I love the revamped graphics, the music, the gameplay, everything. I am a bit overwhelmed thouhg, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I haven't played since Gen. 2 and now there are sooooo many more Pokemon. I don't even know where to start. I don't know which Pokemon are worth training and I absolutely do not know their evolution tree. Does anyone have a basic rundown of all thing Pokemon that I need to know before I get even more overwhelmed with this game? Is there any way to check that kind of stuff in-game? Should I even worry about any of it?

The new things you should be aware of:

Use the pokemon you like best. Single-player is usually easy enough that teambuilding and optimization aren't needed.

Every pokemon has an "ability," a passive thing that kicks in under some conditions, like "fire moves powered up when low-health" or "can't have my defense lowered." You don't have to do anything to activate them, they're automatic. Just don't be surprised when they do stuff.

Your stereotypes from the old games are probably still valid. If it looks like a caterpie-level insect it probably is. If it looks like a rattata-style basic rodent it's probably about the same. If it's a dragon or a legendary it's probably ridiculously strong.

Zenaku

Yeesh, that's a high level.

Still, happy with what I'm running right now. Magic leaf, dazzling gleam, psychic and calm mind.

Yeah, I was quite surprised to still be learning moves then. My movesets mostly the same, just with moon force and then hypnosis in place of calm mind (came in handy quite a bit at catching some Pokemon).

At around Lv90, my SpAttack is at 335, and goes up to around 420 or so during mega evolution, so I didn't think calm mind would be necessary.

Anyway, I really wanted to get my Pokemon traded over to a new save for a second run-through, but knowing the everstone can pass on natures either way, I'll just go and catch a load of Dittos and prepare some Pokemon natures beforehand, then use the bank when it comes around.

Also, loving the style in this game.

I think it is like that lol, u can get S, M, and L punching bags, I think l gives u 12, pretty sure I was doing that not too long ago.

Have all the mega evolutions been discovered or are there still more out there no one has discovered yet?

There are three bags, but they give you 1/4/12 EVs, which is heavily skewed in favor of L Bags. Would be nice to have the other two give more points per use and match up with how much you get in the three levels of ST.

Also I don't think anyone has found Mega
Jynx
, and it seems like
Latias and Latios
could be tied to an event.

ramyeon

Thinking of training my Modest Goomy in 252 Sp.Attack 252 Sp.Defence. Does this sound about right to people with more EV experience? SP.Defence seems to be his main stat and his nature is + Sp.Attack.
What are you wanting for your goomys? Are they modest?
Yep they're modest, have about 4 of them now. Anything is fine really!

Korosenai

Thinking of training my Modest Goomy in 252 Sp.Attack 252 Sp.Defence. Does this sound about right to people with more EV experience? SP.Defence seems to be his main stat and his nature is + Sp.Attack.
I think that setup would be ideal. Maybe put the last 4 ev's into HP.

Edit: hmm sounds good.. I dont really have anything good right now though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom