• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

I'm a little unclear on something about Super Training/EVs. Can you still get EVs the old fashioned way or is it only by Super Training now? Can I really just hatch an egg, use Super Training for all of the EVs, then just level it to 100 with Rare Candies/defeating any Pokemon?

I finished all 3 levels of Super Training for Charizard. Where's my Dusk Stone?! Do I have to max out his EV?
You need the secret super training. Which is maxing it out. So you can fight Aegislash. Then you need to beat it in like 20-30sec. Don't know the exact time. Just needs to be done very fast.

ramyeon

What are you wanting for your goomys? Are they modest?
Any bred starters would be great! Or X exclusives since I'm on Y, but if you don't have either of those anything is fine :)

I think that setup would be ideal. Maybe put the last 4 ev's into HP.

Edit: hmm sounds good.. I dont really have anything good right now though :p
Cheers! Yeah that was what I was thinking of too :) well I can send one your way if you want, they're not hard to breed more of :)

Bullza2o

I know as of gen 4 its when the egg was made. Don't see that changing. People are juuuuuust now starting to breed. Who knows what funky changes they've made in gen 6 :)

Oh crap I should've went on to hatch the egg immediately before saving. I need a good Honedge for my team. Ironically, the sword can produce an egg!

Korosenai

Any bred starters would be great! Or X exclusives since I'm on Y, but if you don't have either of those anything is fine :)

Cheers! Yeah that was what I was thinking of too :) well I can send one your way if you want, they're not hard to breed more of :)

Im trying to get a ditto so I can breed for a female Chespin. Ill let you know when I get one and see if youre still interested in the trade by then.

ramyeon

Im trying to get a ditto so I can breed for a female Chespin. Ill let you know when I get one and see if youre still interested in the trade by then.
Ah that's okay, I chose Chespin at the start haha. Only one I'm missing is Froakie and then the Kanto guys, but I'll get Froakie at the end of the league anyway.

Add me, I'll send one over for some low level fodder if you want :p

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, I was quite surprised to still be learning moves then. My movesets mostly the same, just with moon force and then hypnosis in place of calm mind (came in handy quite a bit at catching some Pokemon).

At around Lv90, my SpAttack is at 335, and goes up to around 420 or so during mega evolution, so I didn't think calm mind would be necessary.

Anyway, I really wanted to get my Pokemon traded over to a new save for a second run-through, but knowing the everstone can pass on natures either way, I'll just go and catch a load of Dittos and prepare some Pokemon natures beforehand, then use the bank when it comes around.

Also, loving the style in this game.

When did you get a gardevoirite?

Mr. Fix

Trying to snag a Ditto through the GTS- everyone and their mothers want the flagship pokemon. I'm not about to deal with that!

Korosenai

Ah that's okay, I chose Chespin at the start haha. Only one I'm missing is Froakie and then the Kanto guys, but I'll get Froakie at the end of the league anyway.

Add me, I'll send one over for some low level fodder if you want :p
Cool, thanks! Ill pm you my fc. Ill be sure to hook you up with something later on when I get the chance.

Trying to snag a Ditto through the GTS- everyone and their mothers want the flagship pokemon. I'm not about to deal with that!
I know right? Its ridiculous.

Been standing in Route 5 using Sweet Scent for hours now, just trying to find a damned Plusle and Minun horde. At this rate, I'm gonna find a Shiny Gulpin first.

Sigmaah

There are three bags, but they give you 1/4/12 EVs, which is heavily skewed in favor of L Bags. Would be nice to have the other two give more points per use and match up with how much you get in the three levels of ST.

Also I don't think anyone has found Mega
Jynx
, and it seems like
Latias and Latios
could be tied to an event.

Oh ok, had my numbers wrong, ya it should be 4 instead of 1 for S but oh well, let's hope Z does that (doubt it) but it's not much to worry about.

And oh shit, I hope we have more megas left than that...

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
You get an old rod by talking to the guy in the lower level of the aquarium in Ambrette.
bottom floor of the
aquarium building

Thanks guys!

Man, the gym leader battle theme is something else. Best in the series.

Music spoilers at the link of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdbY1WvOhuE
GOAT Gym theme. easily.

I was taken aback by how good it was during my first gym battle. I said god damn, gamefreak...

famfrit

This guy is needs a Ditto to mass reproduction of Larvesta

1381715960249.jpg

http://boards.4chan.org/vp/res/14563726

Just beat the 7th Gym, it would have been glorious in 3D.
Here's my team
Delphox 59
Aigeslash 57
Dragalge 56
Aurorus 56
Pangoro 45
Talonflame 50

Does the 3D in this game not work properly? Saw a review with complaints about it. I saw someone playing today with 3D OFF. Also do you have to use the touch screen during battle, or is it optional...?

Super Training could have been amazing if they let the ABXY and R buttons mimic the L button and circle pad. It becomes increasingly more difficult and annoying to play them as a left hander when I have to aim using my right hand because the game wont let me use my right hand to fucking move.

Zenaku

Man I can't get into that clothing store. Keeps saying im not stylish enough :mad:

Took me a while too. I went around battle people hiding in the city alleyways, and did the 1 and 2 start battle restaurants. Finally let me in.

The clothes are extremely expensive though (over 40000 for a hat).

daripad

Super Training could have been amazing if they let the ABXY and R buttons mimic the L button and circle pad. It becomes increasingly more difficult and annoying to play them as a left hander when I have to aim using my right hand because the game wont let me use my right hand to fucking move.
Why are you left handed in the first place?

jk

wowzors

I feel incredibly stupid playing this game. I literally never know where to go and the map is the most basic thing I have ever seen. I have to step in every building to figure out which is the gym.

KLonso

Does the 3D in this game not work properly? Saw a review with complaints about it. I saw someone playing today with 3D OFF. Also do you have to use the touch screen during battle, or is it optional...?

The 3D only works in 1 on 1 battles, and even then, it makes the framerate tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom