• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh.

Do you know what kind of friend triggers you finding one? Or is it completely random?

Still, cool to see that one of my favourite bug type is intp the game.

It's random - each friend gets a type and 2-3 Pokemon of that type.

Let me know if you (or anyone) want one, if it's in that high of demand (I didn't think it was a big deal that it was in there)

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Been fishing on route 8 and in
Amberette
town for 20 minutes straight and I've come across nothing but fucking Luvdisc.

9e2.jpg

Why does the universe not want me to have a Skrelp?!?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's random - each friend gets a type and 2-3 Pokemon of that type.

Let me know if you (or anyone) want one, if it's in that high of demand (I didn't think it was a big deal that it was in there)

If you don't mind I would like one, but I can't go online for another 2 hours or so.

FC is 5000 2377 2427. If you can't though that's fine.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Amberette

9e2.jpg

Old Rod sucks, you can't even catch a Magikarp with it since you don't come across a fishable piece of water in Central Kalos until after the 3rd or 4th gym.

Anyone have the level-up move list for the Froakie family? Smogon claims only the pre-evos can learn most moves? I still have Froakie at around 20, not sure when to let it evolve.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Anyone have the level-up move list for the Froakie family? Smogon claims only the pre-evos can learn most moves? I still have Froakie at around 20, not sure when to let it evolve.

I don't think anyone's hacked the game yet so we don't know. If they had I presume it'd be on Serebii by now.

Gartooth

Got an Eevee, do we have concrete details on how to get Sylveon yet? All I know is that you teach it a fairy move and level it up, but I'm not sure if it is a specific move.

Growlie19

Amberette

9e2.jpg

Look at the bright side: free Steelix!

My God, the Exp Share is overpowered. I'd turn it off to give me a challenge, but I need to get my Skrelp caught up with my team first.

Fireblend

Banned
So, is the Hair Salon in Lumiose the only one in the game, and are those 4 styles the only ones available for the boy? If so, that's pretty lame >_>

MicH

Ican breed some Larvesta if you want. Got one from the Friend Safari.

Also just noticed my Charmander (in my new play through on X) is female. Cool!

Also where do you get Clauncher?

entremet

Just evolve it. The stats boost are worth it. Don't worry about moves. You won't miss out on moves, they'll just take longer to learn.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ican breed some Larvesta if you want. Got one from the Friend Safari.

Also just noticed my Charmander (in my new play through on X) is female. Cool!

Also where do you get Clauncher?

Route 8 with a good rod.

Also yes please if you can breed some larvesta.

BraXzy

I still don't understand this whole EV and IV stuff. And nature and characteristics. It's so confusing but I want to get it right. I have a Hasty Charmeleon loves to eat. Which says his highest IV is HP and his best EV is Speed?

So does that mean I should level up his HP and Speed in super training?

What's the highest level of Super Training anyway? +12?
+12 is the amount you get for beating a level 3 challenge (which are real hard unless you learn the patterns...

Interesting factoid - I never knew/completely missed that pressing up and down on the D-pad changes the distance you are from the balloon - the farther away you are, the more time you have to evade the soccer balls sent your way, but the longer shots take to reach the balloon, meaning more lead time for the ones with erratic patterns. Shorter distance means less evade time, but less travel as well. Short distance really helps on the Magnezone balloon for instance, with the way it swings...

So I was annoyed my Charmander had low evs for special attack and high for attack since I believe normally Charizard has a higher base special attack. However when Charizard mega evolves into Mega Charizard X, it's his attack that's boosted. So I THINK I lucked out.

Ultimadrago

Gaf, Gaf, Gaf.
After 90 years up to tonight, I have finally gained my Adamant Abra.

With the all-powerful Synchronize, I caught an Adamant Axew in 1 try after the Abra's recruitment.

Tears of joy.
JOY!

To celebrate, I am giving away Abras from my large breed pool. PM if you are interested.

I can do Speed and Sp.Atk easily now. But is +12 the max?

Also does Pokerus and the items like Muscle Belt effect Super Training?
Yes, unless you find that bag that doubles your gain, in which case you'd get +24 from an L3.

And the EV items do not affect Super or Core Training.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Just saw a pic of Shiny Clauncher...it's colored like a normal shrimp, and also looks like Zoidberg.

I hope I find a Shiny soon.

Where are the Pokemarts? I can't find any in the first two towns...

Back of the Pokemon Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom