• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RM8

Holy cow, two days and this is my GOTY in a year when I had lots of GOTY candidates. Superb game. Chespin rocks. I don't want to go to work :(

Just spent two straight hours leveling up on Super Training and managed to unlock (by beating all three Levels)
Secret Super Training
. Got me a Dusk Stone and I only just beat the third Gym :)

This game absolutely rules. Never have I been so content staying in my house and not goin out with friends (though a bunch of my friends are camping in Moab, so I do still kinda wish I was there...)

imBask

Banned
I have to run away from most battles because i'm always too close to my badge level cap... I've been doing this for the past 3 hours of gameplay, it's pretty dumb. It's the only complaint I have about the game right now so I guess it's not that bad

Lkr

i'm in the cave you ride
the rhyhorn to get to
and goddamn is it confusing
where can i get a thunderstone at? pikachu is too weak

What? You literally go straight every single time to get where you need to go, and only take the side paths if you want items.

Fuck Heracross. Just gonna trade for him later. *sigh*

Spent 200K on the clothes in the Paris city. Need some more money. Amulet + Battle Mansion, here I come!

ramyeon

Fuck Heracross. Just gonna trade for him later. *sigh*

Spent 200K on the clothes in the Paris city. Need some more money. Amulet + Battle Mansion, here I come!
Is there a definitive way to open up that boutique yet? Someone posted a list a few pages back but I can't find it now.

Is there a definitive way to open up that boutique yet? Someone posted a list a few pages back but I can't find it now.

All that I did was enter every cafe, dine at the 1 star and 2 star restaurants, and drink the smoothies at the smoothie place. After doing that, she let me in. Keep in mind, the smoothies and 2 star restaurant are only available once the blackout is finished. If you aren't that far, it's still possible, but you gotta do extra stuff. Go catch the poodle, groom it, etc.

Best of luck!

Regiruler

Nope the first one I caught was female.

Still weird that it has gender but all the better for chain-breeding moves I guess.
All that I did was enter every cafe, dine at the 1 star and 2 star restaurants, and drink the smoothies at the smoothie place. After doing that, she let me in. Keep in mind, the smoothies and 2 star restaurant are only available once the blackout is finished. If you aren't that far, it's still possible, but you gotta do extra stuff. Go catch the poodle, groom it, etc.

Best of luck!
By "every cafe" I'm assuming every cafe in lumoise?

ramyeon

Best of luck!
Oh that sounds pretty straight forward, I'm past the blackout so I'll give it a shot!

Berordn

So I took the lift to the second floor of a random office building in the main city, and the game froze and started blacking out weirdly. I thought it had crashed, but then a random woman like... floated out from the lift, said 'you're not the one', and floated off screen south. Then I got back control and she wasn't there.

This was in the north part of the city.

Weirddddd

I found her too D:

She showed up in the grand hotel later as a normal NPC. I was able to interact with her, complaining that my being nearby made it hard for her to hear the elevator. (I think it was her, anyway. It might've been a psychic.)

wmlk

Caught this very nice female Snorlax. Adamant, Loves to eat. No Thick Fat, but Immunity is a cool ability aswell.

40Y79Qa.jpg

7FotryO.jpg

Wow, that model looks really endearing. I also need some Munchlax in my life.

Saprol

Unlocked the Lumiose boutique. The only dining I did was 2-star triple and rotation battles. Resisting the urge to just throw my entire wallet of 230,000 away for an outfit...

Exeunt

Why is there a woman speaking German at the exit of Shalour City? Is it a glitch?

Ever since Black and White (I think), there have been people who speak other languages sprinkled around the regions. Nothing to worry about.

EDIT: Is there any practical reason to keep randoms in your Acquaintances list? I've just been removing people who Wonder Traded me Zubats and such, but I'm wondering if they should stay for any reason.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
How many Pokemon can be caught in X/Y?
I have 51 caught, 10 hours in. Not even the 2nd badge yet.

Exeunt

Breaking News: Eggs can now hatch within steps of each other. I don't think this was the case in previous games, or else I've never seen it happen until now despite all the breeding I've done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom