• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just caught Honedge! I named her Agrias.

I'm going through this game at a snail's pace, but this is the first true Pokemon experience on the 3DS and I'm gonna savor every second of it!

Ludovico

About 12 hours in, just finished the second gym, and this game so far has been a blast.

+ Tons of choice Pokemon from the get-go
+ Actually being able to use a spread of Pokemon early on thanks to XP-share
+ Online features (namely Wonder Trade) are superb, make me really feel like I'm connected
+ THIS MUSIC
+ So much stuff to do, right from the beginning

- Frame rate does occasionally tank, even with 3D off
- Movement's a little awkward, especially lining up characters for interacting
- I still need to waste a slot for HM Poke

This game could not have come at a worse time. I have so much stuff I need to be doing for school, but I just keep coming back.
"Just going to train EV's for awhile.....maybe play around on Amie a bit....work my way towards the next town....Wonder Trade for 30 minutes....update my trainer video....."

Bravo GameFreak

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else not using the 1st gen starter and Torchic? It feels cheaty and OP to be using three starters, and I want to see what the new Pokémon have to offer.

cool

also what foosil did people take. went with jaw fossil

I got the Jaw fossil. Tyrantrum is the best fossil Pokemon ever, by far.

Got Aurorus by trading a Skrelp on GTS. He's cool too.

Okay, how long should I wait to evolve Helioptile, Floette, and Doublade? I don't know how I managed to get three stone evolvers on my team :/

Haha, they're all on my team as well. Evolve them around lv. 40. If you miss any moves, you can get them from the move relearner (get Heart Scales from caught Luvdisc)

Elija2

Yep, pretty much.

That's kinda dumb and useless. Might as well just disable it (unless people that you Streetpass also show up there).

So far I'm really liking the game, but the framerate can get noticeably choppy even without 3D on. I hope they fix it with a patch.

Styles

Does anyone have a spare female Clauncher they would like to spare for me?

Do you need a good rod or better to fish up Sklrep? All I've been getting are Luvdiscs from my old rod.

Mupod

cool

also what foosil did people take. went with jaw fossil

I figured everybody would go with the badass t-rex over the cute brontosaurus so I went with sail. I reset for a female one so I can make a bunch to put on the GTS later.

Also, its ability Refrigerate intrigues me.

But yeah, holy shit what kind of defense stat does Tyrantrum have? I hit my friend's one with a fighting type move and it didn't even make a scratch. But then he got worked over by one water pulse, so his special defense must be crap.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
was feeling good about myself thinking "I've caught every single Pokemon I've come across so far" and then I check my pokedex.....I never actually caught bidoof! god damn bidoof has me backtracking like a fool.

Trey

where would i get one though? I''ve just got to the third gym

There's a rare chance a wild Pikachu is holding it. So make a Pikachu the head of your party (as its Static ability increases the encounter rate for electric types in the area) and start chucking pokeballs til you get it.

was feeling good about myself thinking "I've caught every single Pokemon I've come across so far" and then I check my pokedex.....I never actually caught bidoof! god damn bidoof has me backtracking like a fool.

Such a valuable HM slave, Bidoof.

That's kinda dumb and useless. Might as well just disable it (unless people that you Streetpass also show up there).

So far I'm really liking the game, but the framerate can get noticeably choppy even without 3D on. I hope they fix it with a patch.
Well, people that you are passing by also appear on there. The function is the same whether they are StreetPassing you IRL or through Wi-Fi - you can battle with them, trade with them, give/receive O-Powers, view their PR Videos...

Neiteio

How are you guys getting such good Wonder Trades? Doesn't each side choose what they trade? In which case, I'd think a lot of trades end up being duds as people rob you blind?

Anyone else not using the 1st gen starter and Torchic? It feels cheaty and OP to be using three starters, and I want to see what the new Pokémon have to offer.

I'm not using Torchic since I'm part of the winning team of Kalos starters and therefore wouldn't want to double up on Fire types, but I'm keeping my bro Squirtle with me. He and Raichu are the only non-new Pokemon in my team though.

Dr. Buni

I am not using them, but that is because Blaziken is ugly (imo) and I am not a fan of any of the Gen I starters. Most starters aren't really that good tbh, so it wouldn't feel like cheating to me. If Infernape was available I would totally use it, for example and yes, it is extremely good, but also one of my favorite mons. That exp share thing, though... it feels totally like cheating imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom