• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid question but could street pass be a little dangerous for kids, like playing random battles with strangers? Maybe at the park, mall, supermarket, etc.?

I'm thinking about buying for my little nephews and nieces for the holidays.

Paranoia kicking in again. :(

I like how much the new Pokemon fit with the old ones. It's pretty nature seeing Bunnelby in the same route as Pidgey. The updated cries work wonders for this, everyone seems to be on the same level now (no more dial up modem cries mixed with slightly distorted real animal cries) It works really well, the ones that were way too natural they toned down a bit and the garbled beeps of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen were made more natural. I do miss Charizard's cry though, his new one is too high pitched for my liking.

And then I hit a Black and White Pokemon that's a human with clothes on or some kind of robot and I shake my head. >_>

Don't get me wrong, there are good Black and White Pokemon (Shellmet, Durant, the monkies, Litwick, etc fit nicely) but then I hit goth girl, giant golem robot and samurai red power ranger? and they look ridiculous. What were they on with Black and White...

6RRD2iO.jpg

FUCKIN FINALLY

black 3DS is so hot

iMmn9v3CtTd3x.gif

Unicorn

Also, how do you get in the expensive clothing story in the big city? They say I ain't stylish enough.

Also I hate that the city is a maze and the taxi took 3,000 from me just to take me there... when i didn't even get to go in.

ahdurian

so im guessing wonder trade is just basically you pick a pokemon on your team, and you get an unknown one from another trainer?
i've never actually connected to the net through this game yet, so i might give it a shot now

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
so im guessing wonder trade is just basically you pick a pokemon on your team, and you get an unknown one from another trainer?
i've never actually connected to the net through this game yet, so i might give it a shot now
Don't. It's addictive.
You can choose from your boxes too though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone take my Haunter so it can evolve and then trade it back? My FC is 0748-2045-5883.

Since there's no guide out yet what's everyone's read on Aromatisse and Meowstic? I'm breeding for a couple good ones and I wonder if it'll pay off.
Aromatisse has been great for me, and Meowstic has been solid, though not terribly impressive.

Still confused as to how Mega Evolutions work.

I was just in a battle and started with Gardevoir. I switched it out, brought out Charizard, Mega Evolved and killed the first Pokemon. Did the same with the second Pokemon, but I switched out Lucario to Mega Evolve instead. Only he wasn't able to do it... Can I only Mega Evolve one Pokemon per battle?

25 hours in and I just beat the second gym yo

I figured that since the Exp Share makes things so easy and all that I'd just train a shit ton of Pokemon at once and keep at least 12 or 16 Pokemon leveled enough for the campaign. It's not that hard and it's pretty fun, especially since there's so many Pokemon to be found in this game. EV trained two of them as well, Super Training really makes it easy as hell

Milennia

25 hours in and I just beat the second gym yo

I figured that since the Exp Share makes things so easy and all that I'd just train a shit ton of Pokemon at once and keep at least 12 or 16 Pokemon leveled enough for the campaign. It's not that hard and it's pretty fun, especially since there's so many Pokemon to be found in this game. EV trained two of them as well, Super Training really makes it easy as hell

Damn dude... Im at 26 hours and on the 8th badge and im taking my sweet time as well.

Ashodin

It's almost criminal how they introduce you to one of the best Gym Leader musics of all time, and then you don't get to hear it again for hours and hours later.

So... My greninja has a penis looking thing and you can rub it to make him/her happy. Am I the only one who sees this?

It's almost criminal how they introduce you to one of the best Gym Leader musics of all time, and then you don't get to hear it again for hours and hours later.
it's strange how the second gym is so far from the first.

Second day done with just over 18 hours of gametime! Currently at the dungeon just after the fourth gym. Current team:

Dephlox
Talonflame
Pancham
Vivillon
Tyrunt
Skrelp

Does Pancham actually learn any Dark moves, or am I ok to go ahead and evolve him?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Still confused as to how Mega Evolutions work.

I was just in a battle and started with Gardevoir. I switched it out, brought out Charizard, Mega Evolved and killed the first Pokemon. Did the same with the second Pokemon, but I switched out Lucario to Mega Evolve instead. Only he wasn't able to do it... Can I only Mega Evolve one Pokemon per battle?
Yes, one per battle.

Anyone here able to activate the facial recognition for Amie?

A couple times...and it's inconsistent which ones it recognizes and which ones it doesn't. I wear glasses so anything involving the eyes gives me trouble, but works fine when I take them off. The game asked me to keep a straight face once and failed me, which would be comical if you knew that "straight face" is what I'm wearing 90% of the time.

Also, I've never been able to get a Pokemon to accept a Pokepuff yet. Actually I feel like a lot of Amie is poorly explained. What are the advantages of maxing out stuff like hunger, fun, and affection?

tm24

I havent played Pokemon since GSC and this whole nature/wanting a female starter is confusing me. My Chespin is naughty nature and looking it up means +SpAttk and -Spdef.

I'm not sure what this means! Help please?

Ludovico

A couple times...and it's inconsistent which ones it recognizes and which ones it doesn't. I wear glasses so anything involving the eyes gives me trouble, but works fine when I take them off. The game asked me to keep a straight face once and failed me, which would be comical if you knew that "straight face" is what I'm wearing 90% of the time.

Also, I've never been able to get a Pokemon to accept a Pokepuff yet. Actually I feel like a lot of Amie is poorly explained. What are the advantages of maxing out stuff like hunger, fun, and affection?

I had no idea you had to actually hold the Pokepuffs up to their mouth. Dropped about 15+ puffs before I realized you can't just drop it in front of them.

I havent played Pokemon since GSC and this whole nature/wanting a female starter is confusing me. My Chespin is naughty nature and looking it up means +SpAttk and -Spdef.

If you haven't played since GSC, then there's no need to worry. Most people talking about natures are doing this for competitive multiplayer.

Just get throuhg the game, take things slow, there's plenty for you to learn.

EulaCapra

Er, I'm trying to trade my level 1 Froakie at the GTS for a Chespin but I can't since my Dex only encountered Quilladin. I haven't played around online all that much, but anyone want one in exchange for Chespin? Does that require Friend Codes? If interested, PM me I guess with your code.

It means your Chespin, as a primarily physical attacker, is going to have an advantage in a stat it won't use much and a disadvantage in a stat that it will. People want females so they can breed their starter later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom