• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

Second Gym Leader go

DAT MUSIC

stickers_d411e62f8715e273b588ce33f9b48434.gif

Iceblade

Does anyone know why when I do ranked battles (or free) in the battle spot, that my Pokemon don't go to level 50? I just battled someone whose whole party was level 50... surely that's not just because they did that themselves? All mine were still low level.

Yes, I still have no idea what the fuck it does.
Dash, circle flourish, dash, circle, flourish, dash, special chime, repeat chime as you keep flourishing.

But Wtf does it do
I dont even do the circle I just do the boost then move the circle pad back slightly then im in some infinite boost. Sounds like, swish,swish,swish,swish.

tm24

It means your Chespin, as a primarily physical attacker, is going to have an advantage in a stat it won't use much and a disadvantage in a stat that it will. People want females so they can breed their starter later.

Oh, so it's a stat growth penalty? I get it now! Thanks. So reading the table, a good chespin would want something like brave or adamant?

Ashodin

His second -
Tyrunt
- was worse. Had Braixen, Charmeleon and Butterfree as my powerhouses, lol. Praise Dragon Rage and its constant damage goodness.

Quilladin, go!

Quilladin used NEEDLE ARM!

It's super effective vs. the whole team AHMAHGAWD MY POKEMANZ

edit: Okay so maybe not Tyrunt. That asshole

I'm a very casual fan. My first Pokemon game was Diamond for the DS, and it hooked me in such a way that very few games ever do. I think I put in 90 hours, which is insane now that I think on it.

I haven't gotten hooked into a Pokemon game since. Heart Gold had me for a while before I lost interest. I have Pokemon White, but I'm just not finding the urge to play it on my 3DS XL.

So, question...is this latest game a must-own 3DS title?

I was kind of disappointed to hear about the gimped 3D. Is it a big deal? Are battles that take place in 3D really subjected to rough performance issues?

I'm still on the fence with this one.

I'm a very casual fan. My first Pokemon game was Diamond for the DS, and it hooked me in such a way that very few games ever do. I think I put in 90 hours, which is insane now that I think on it.

I haven't gotten hooked into a Pokemon game since. Heart Gold had me for a while before I lost interest. I have Pokemon White, but I'm just not finding the urge to play it on my 3DS XL.

So, question...is this latest game a must-own 3DS title?

I was kind of disappointed to hear about the gimped 3D. Is it a big deal? Are battles that take place in 3D really subjected to rough performance issues?

I'm still on the fence with this one.

I don't really use the 3D features. The fights being with 3D models and in cooler spaces is awesome.

Small touches like it raining and it reflecting on my command list on my second screen is great.

(ie: It's raining and rain drops falling on my touch screen/commands)

As far as frame rate issues. Only thing I've noticed was certain Pokemon close ups while selecting a move. The top screen will chug a bit but thats about it.

AEGISX

Banned
Lost Hotel is on Route 14 and Route 15, go down into the abandoned buildings

Magneton has to be traded with something to evolve (Can't remember what)

I got into the hotel but the dude refuse to let me into the boss room, sayin something like I am not stylish enough.

Elija2

So Pikachu is the only Pokemon with it's actual voice? That's kinda lame. You'd think that at least the starters would have them too.

Iceblade

Sorry for the repost, but can anyone answer my previous question? It would be much appreciated!

Does anyone know why when I do ranked battles (or free) in the battle spot, that my Pokemon don't go to level 50? I just battled someone whose whole party was level 50... surely that's not just because they did that themselves? All mine were still low level.

So Pikachu is the only Pokemon with it's actual voice? That's kinda lame. You'd think that at least the starters would have them too.

Oh goodness no, animal cries are way better-sounding than the anime voices. I'm so glad that they didn't do it for everybody. Mr. Franchise mascot can stay special in this regard.

Iceblade

They or you turn it on. If they challenged you, they turn it on. If not, your Pokemon levels stay the same. It's there when you see "rules" for battling, like Normal, Banned, etc

Is this in the battle spot or just when challenging someone to a normal battle, though? Because in battle spot the only options I see are choosing whether or not the battle is single, triple, or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom