• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exeunt

Bred Speed Boost Torchic tests were done by bioshock1234 in this topic on GFaqs:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67469824

Anecdotally speaking, I've been breeding a Pokémon that has two regular abilities for a little bit, and I've found the mother's ability showing up far more often than the other possible ability. It wouldn't surprise me at all to hear that abilities (even hidden ones!) are inheritable via breeding now too, as opposed to being random or tied to a parent's gender (as was the case of hidden abilities in the past).

Asked in the other thread but it kinda died so i'll ask again.

Is there any place yet that has the new Pokemon's moves and what levels they learn them at yet?

Anecdotally speaking, I've been breeding a Pokémon that has two regular abilities for a little bit, and I've found the mother's ability showing up far more often than the other possible ability. It wouldn't surprise me at all to hear that abilities (even hidden ones!) are inheritable via breeding now too, as opposed to being random or tied to a parent's gender (as was the case of hidden abilities in the past).
B2W2 started making Abilities easier to breed:

http://serebii.net/black2white2/breed.shtml

If what is in the topic is solid, this would be the first time that you can pass Hidden Abilities when one of the parents is a Ditto.
How do you cut down the number of steps it takes for an egg to hatch?
Have someone with Flame Body or Magma Armor in your party. Fletchling family should have Flame Body, I think.

MarkusRJR

Can someone tell me if my favorite Pokémon are accessible in the game: Zorua and Eevee?

I loooooove these Pokémon and want them on my team even if their stats are shit.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
It's really striking how plain the writing is with this level of presentation, it'd be so cool to have a pokemkn game with Mario+lungi level writing.

Exeunt

B2W2 started making Abilities easier to breed:

http://serebii.net/black2white2/breed.shtml

If what is in the topic is solid, this would be the first time that you can pass Hidden Abilities when one of the parents is a Ditto.

Whoa, thanks for posting this. I don't think I bred anything in BW2, so I completely missed that development. I thought it was an XY change!

And Ditto passing on hidden abilities is cool. I hope it turns out to be true.

Teknoman

I really gotta educate my friend on types. He just challenged me to a fight before I was heading in for the night, and had some good Pokemon too...but still beat em.

So when we finally get the option to choose between
a Master Ball or a Big Nugget at the Pokeball Factory
, which one should we choose? I have no idea what the latter item is used for. Advice, GAF?

Exeunt

, which one should we choose? I have no idea what the latter item is used for. Advice, GAF?

It's a joke. You get both regardless of what you choose; Big Nugget can be sold for cash.

Wiseblade

IIRC, there was a pic of a freshly bred Torchic with Speed Boost - I would have to check and see if it's accurate, or at least wait for a proper breeding guide to be made. It's a thing now that Hidden Abilities are everywhere in XY (horde battles, Friend Safari, etc.).
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

teeny

I chose the Master Ball, and the guy gave me both. The Big Nugget can be sold for a lot of cash (I think that is the only thing you can do with it).

Drago

Doesn't matter what you choose, he gives you both

You sell the Big Nugget for 10k Poke dollars

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

You get both anyway.

The latter is used to sell for high prices.

There are so many awesome Fight-type Pokemon, I just can't decide which to use. Hawlucha is def one of my favorites, but my team is full. :/ Sawk, Lucario, Blaziken, Pangoro... Also the Dragon-types are giving me a hard time.

So, yeah. 27 hours in and just got the 4th badge. I love this game.

Styles

So which stats should I EV train for my Clauncher? Atk and Spd/? I also have a few of 'em left from breeding, PM me if you want one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom