• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin64

I have googled for GTS Pokemon, but all I find are closed down websites and a trade center that goes up to Black/White. Where can I find the one you guys are talking about?

The GTS is ingame, not an external website. Second page of the PSS buttons.

desverger

EVs confuse me, I'm a pokemon noob :(

I can't seem to find a simple answers to a few questions I have:

Are EV stat ups separate from your stat ups you get from leveling, OR do they just affect which stat ups (and how much) you get when you level?

Which kinda leads to..

Should I be capping my EVs immediately after I get a new pokemon to max the stat ups they get from leveling, OR should I just do it later?

So I just got the lights on in Lumiose City and went into some previously unexplored buildings. Umm... went to the second floor of one and
some Psychic looking character started flashing in front and in back of me, then like gliding away. She said "No, you're not the one" and left
. Never thought I would be spooked out by a Pokemon game, it was just so weird and unexpected.

Ferga

When you give out 'shitty' Pokemon, the system recognizes this and will match you up with likeminded people. So if you get a bad trade, don't trade that Pokemon to someone else as well.

If only...

I only regifted 2 caterpies. I gave out like 6-8 froakies :(

AngryMoth

Getting a bit frustrated at how long it's taking to get the second gym because I don't like being over leveled so I'm having to rush through areas without exploring properly. 4 lvl 20+'s and I haven't really done any grinding

Kyzon

EVs confuse me, I'm a pokemon noob :(

I can't seem to find a simple answers to a few questions I have:

Are EV stat ups separate from your stat ups you get from leveling, OR do they just affect which stat ups (and how much) you get when you level?

Which kinda leads to..

Should I be capping my EVs immediately after I get a new pokemon to max the stat ups they get from leveling, OR should I just do it later?

I just had it explained to me today. Max your stats asap when you get a new pokemon. Then after that you don't have to worry about EVs. You'll gain more points into whatever you invest your EVs into. For example, max out attack and you'll get more attack with each level up.

Getting a bit frustrated at how long it's taking to get the second gym because I don't like being over leveled so I'm having to rush through areas without exploring properly. 4 lvl 20+'s and I haven't really done any grinding

In comparison, the gyms after 3 will go by in no time anyway.

Feep

Banned
This is a weird question, I guess.

To me, Pokemon has always been about collecting them all. I am aware that this has become effectively impossible with somewhere around 750 separate species currently in existence, but I was under the impression I could at least complete the regional Pokedex of 150 or so.

But then the game throws a weird "Coastal" Pokedex at me, and apparently later
yet another rears its head
. Is there even any point to the completion of these? WHAT AM I FIGHTING FORRRRRRR

(I'm a little disappointed, honestly. I skipped a few gens, but this is the exact same game I've played time and time again. Apparently even the endgame sucks.

desverger

I just had it explained to me today. Max your stats asap when you get a new pokemon. Then after that you don't have to worry about EVs. You'll gain more points into whatever you invest your EVs into. For example, max out attack and you'll get more attack with each level up.

Hmm.. so that would mean EVs are not separate from your level up stats?

It's kinda rough grinding lv1 training with a low level pokemon though, takes bloody ages to cap EVs considering that the lv3 training gives 3x more EV but isn't doable at low levels.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Guys!

I'm breeding eevees, and i've never breed anything before!

this is exciting!

walking around with my farfetch'd and 4 little eevee eggs.

neohwa

This is a weird question, I guess.

To me, Pokemon has always been about collecting them all. I am aware that this has become effectively impossible with somewhere around 750 separate species currently in existence, but I was under the impression I could at least complete the regional Pokedex of 150 or so.

But then the game throws a weird "Coastal" Pokedex at me, and apparently later
yet another rears its head
. Is there even any point to the completion of these? WHAT AM I FIGHTING FORRRRRRR

(I'm a little disappointed, honestly. I skipped a few gens, but this is the exact same game I've played time and time again. Apparently even the endgame sucks.

to me pokemon are very fun and addictive games, with deep gameplay and I feel attached to the pokemon I raised. as for collecting them all though I gave up on that lol.

Question:

Charizard is now Fire/Dragon, is Charizard no longer weak to Water and Thunder types due to this? Dragon has a half resistance against both.

My Delphox is clutch as hell! Takes care of the jobs my other Pokemon can't. Helped me in many a random online battle. I love this Pokemon.

Aurorus can't be petted on its head now that it's evolved from Amaura... my hand just freezes. I can only really pet it on its sails, odd enough.

Also, great news - traded Pokemon that return to me still remember me! My Aromatisse is proof of this.

Is it just me or does the game have frame rate issues every so often?

Also if i change my internal clock but remained connected to the internet can i still force change my time of day?

Has anyone figured out if Tipping does anything positive in the game?

There's a rumor that it makes your chances of finding a shiny Pokemon higher. There's ALSO a rumor that it may lower the price for the other starter's mega stone ...

Also, anyone figured out where to get the coupon for clothing in that uber-pricey shop?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
My Delphox is clutch as hell! Takes care of the jobs my other Pokemon can't. Helped me in many a random online battle. I love this Pokemon.

Aurorus can't be petted on its head now that it's evolved from Amaura... my hand just freezes. I can only really pet it on its sails, odd enough.

Also, great news - traded Pokemon that return to me still remember me! My Aromatisse is proof of this.

How good is the delphox cry lol. it's hauntingly beautiful

KHlover

Banned
Hmm.. so that would mean EVs are not separate from your level up stats?

It's kinda rough grinding lv1 training with a low level pokemon though, takes bloody ages to cap EVs considering that the lv3 training gives 3x more EV but isn't doable at low levels.

What? You can start right away with lv2 training even with 0 EV (after you unlocked it). It's really easy. 3-4x with decend drops ( M or L sacks) and you're good to go lvl3.

From 0 to 511 EV in 50min max.

desverger

Ugh, now I'm finding posts in Reddit saying EV stats affect your stats independently from your level up stat ups :p

Why can't they just explain this properly in the game - all I need to know is if the EVs affect your stats directly or if they affect the chance to get a specific stat on a level up.

What? You can start right away with lv2 training even with 0 EV (after you unlocked it). It's really easy. 3-4x with decend drops ( M or L sacks) and you're good to go lvl3.

From 0 to 511 EV in 50min max.

Well, that's still a pretty long time and if the stats are separate, there kinda isn't point doing it early :p

Kiraly

Ugh, now I'm finding posts in Reddit saying EV stats affect your stats independently from your level up stat ups :p

Why can't they just explain this properly in the game - all I need to know is if the EVs affect your stats directly or if they affect the chance to get a specific stat on a level up.

Well, that's still a pretty long time and if the stats are separate, there kinda isn't point doing it early :p

EVs are recalculated when you level up or put your Pokémon in the box I believe.

CassSept

It's stupid how huge of a gap there is between the first two gyms, really. Well, one way or another, wow, wow

Holy snap at Gym 7

desverger

EVs are recalculated when you level up or put your Pokémon in the box I believe.

Well that's kind of a relief. I guess people are worried they might get unnecessary EVs through battling, which is one point for maxing your EVs early.. but I guess you could use EXP. share to level up without getting any EVs.

Then again, why not just use a reset bag at max level and shape your EVs how you want, it'll be super quick with high stats since that makes the games faster too.

KHlover

Banned

It certainly makes me feel better about using Exp. Share if I know my EV are already being accounted for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom