• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoArmo

toastyToast, thanks so much for the trade! If you ever need any help with evolving a Pokemon, or fancy a friendly battle, hit me up.

Thanks again. :)

toastyToast, thanks so much for the trade! If you ever need any help with evolving a Pokemon, or fancy a friendly battle, hit me up.

Thanks again. :)

Will do, man. Enjoy that cute little bugger.

I've got another egg for anyone interested. I can hatch it for something halfway decent, got all the starters already. The egg is free though

ramyeon

I'm torn on whether to evolve my Sliggoo right on 50 or keep levelling him up in case there are some good moves Goodra can't learn :/

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Well just beat the game. Fantastic and probably my favorite pokemon game to date. Few notes tho.

League was easier than I thought I guess I blame exp share somewhat but even some of my lagging behind members had little trouble.

MVP pokemon this go were totally Aegislash,Delphox and Flogres. Awesome team members from beginning to end.

Now comes the fun part. Post game hijynx!
What post game?

The GTS is ingame, not an external website. Second page of the PSS buttons.

It's on the second page of your PSS menu when you're not looking at trainers. You can get to the GTS in-game at any time you're not in battle or chatting as long as your game is online. You can seek or search, and if you scroll to the bottom of the alphabetical list, you'll see "What Pokemon..." where you can type the name of the Pokemon you want, even if you haven't seen it in game.

Thanks. Very handy!

Cause I remember the guys in the manga thread liking it back in the day;

I'm livestreaming my attempts at doing pixelart of all my pokemon so far:

www.livestream.com/neoriceisgood

Might as well link it for those who want to see
how the pokemon avatars I make actually get made. (working on Kangaskhan right now.)

Jintor

Yup I will breed a whole batch of Fennekin's tomorrow. Caught a few Dittos so im ready for that.

Catching everything, Collecting Mega stones,Battle Tower, Building a nice team for doubles and singles randoms and Evolving everything. Stuff like that.

I mean it's no complete Kanto region or anything but mannnnnnnnn fuck I'd kill for a complete other region

Jintor

Ahahah this Hex Maniac is the best. Her defeat line is amazing

Also she looks like Tomoko, which is an adorable but super wajah win in my books

desverger

Okay, guess I found the answer to my EV question :p

Was lucky enough to score a reset bag by randomly tapping the empty bag (what were the chances), so I immediately tested it on my lv22 Frogadier

Base stats were decreased INSTANTLY when I "completed" the bag. Not much - I had something like 45 EVs in Sp. Attack, and losing this decreased the stat from 48 to 46. Again, no need to deposit the pokemon, level it up or anything, it seems like the changes are immediate.

So it seems like EVs are just added on top of your base stats and do not affect level up stats at all. It's probably true that EV "stats" scale with your level, so while you might not see a big difference in the start, once the scaling picks up, your stats will go up more as well.

Also, Exp. Share IS giving EVs to all of your pokemons. It might be half, like the exp, but their "EV bar" is going up and the area is changing even if they are not participating in battles.

If you want my take on when to do the EV training - do a reset when you can do the lv3 training exercise comfortably and just grind it for a while, shouldn't take long if you use the bags you get from the training as well.

Shiny GTS hunt report here. Miltank for Honedge (I won't expect this up for long, would trade mine but its fully EV trained). Also two Nosepass for box legendry.

Where can I find a Dusk Stone?
Secret Super training. Level 6 I think. To unlock secret super training, max out EVs on one Pokemon.

Some people are trolling GTS already. I was just looking through Xerneas results and people want shit like Venusaur (level 20-30), Groudon and higher level Xerneas lol.

ramyeon

Okay, guess I found the answer to my EV question :p

Was lucky enough to score a reset bag by randomly tapping the empty bag (what were the chances), so I immediately tested it on my lv22 Frogadier

Base stats were decreased INSTANTLY when I "completed" the bag. Not much - I had something like 45 EVs in Sp. Attack, and losing this decreased the stat from 48 to 46. Again, no need to deposit the pokemon, level it up or anything, it seems like the changes are immediate.

So it seems like EVs are just added on top of your base stats and do not affect level up stats at all. It's probably true that EV "stats" scale with your level, so while you might not see a big difference in the start, once the scaling picks up, your stats will go up more as well.

Also, Exp. Share IS giving EVs to all of your pokemons. It might be half, like the exp, but their "EV bar" is going up and the area is changing even if they are not participating in battles.

If you want my take on when to do the EV training - do a reset when you can do the lv3 training exercise comfortably and just grind it for a while, shouldn't take long if you use the bags you get from the training as well.
The stats I max out EVs for always increase by more with each level than other stats - it focuses your pokemon in those areas over others.

Forkball

Some people are trolling GTS already. I was just looking through Xerneas results and people want shit like Venusaur (level 20-30), Groudon and higher level Xerneas lol.

When you to go GTS, go to options and turn off people looking for "special" Pokemon. You have to do this each search though.

YOU'RE WELCOME

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Here's how it goes.

There are three meters: Affection, Fullness, and Entertainment.

Petting and feeding raises Affection. However, feeding stops raising affection when the mon is full, and petting stops raising affection when Entertainment is 0 (happens after every petting or "face" sessions). You know affection isn't raised when it shows a note rather than a heart.

Affection level goes up when your pet does a continuous heart shower after petting/feeding.

Entertainment is raised by walking with the Pokemon, using it in battle, or playing Amie games (which also stocks you Puffs).

ramyeon

Got 3D turned on for the first time in Team Flare's hideout. The battle backgrounds are static and plain so there's very little slow down. Looks so good. Can't wait to see what they do when they get a handle on the hardware and optimization down better.

Acrylic7

What the shit is up with the encounter rate? I cant take a single step in tall grass without getting into a battle.
Insanely annoying.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Does nobody read the dialogue?

No less than three NPCs right outside the gym tell you exactly where to go. lol
I took abreak to catch Pokemon and headed to the cafe when I was done and was expecting an event to happen but nothing did so I asked here and was directed to where I was so I went back and talked to the waiters triggering the event.

Wiseblade

I just don't get it. Maybe I'm more confused because I'm trying to read about IVs as well and I need some friggin sleep.

Can't wait for the strategy guide and hopefully it explains it in a way slow people like myself can understand
Look at it this way:

Base stats and IVs: Genetics - Base Stats determine the difference between different species. Under normal circumstances, it's impossible for an Onix to be faster than an Arcanine because their base speed stats are so different.
IVs express the variations within a species. The same way no two people are exactly the same, IVs serve as a unique identifier so an individual Primape might be slightly stronger or frailer than the next.

Natures: Personality - some people are just better suited to certain tasks due to their attitude; this is expressed in Pokémon by natures. By boosting one Stat by 10% at the expense of another, a Pokémon becomes more suited for certain roles.

EVs: Training - Want to have a fast Pokémon? Have it fight against fast Pokémon. Want a strong Pokémon? Have it fight against strong Pokémon. Want a tough Pokémon? You get the idea.

I took abreak to catch Pokemon and headed to the cafe when I was done and was expecting an event to happen but nothing did so I asked here and was directed to where I was so I went back and talked to the waiters triggering the event.

Ah, I see. Still, I've seen the same question asked a few times here. Just thought it was funny because I played that part earlier and was like "how many times are they gonna tell me".

desverger

The stats I max out EVs for always increase by more with each level than other stats - it focuses your pokemon in those areas over others.

I guess it might display the EV bonus in your level up screen, since the EV bonus is level based, so it may seem you are getting a bonus from the level up itself.

AngryMoth

I have a question about breeding, I've never looked into it before. I want to use Tyrunt but the one I got has the nature I least wanted and I haven't saved for a ages so I couldn't reload, so I am thinking I will breed another. I don't have a ditto and I am not sure what to breed it with. Also how do I control which species the egg will hatch into, or is it just random?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom