• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um how am i receiving pokemon that are dated to 2011? PokeBank isnt out yet....

There is this game called animal crossing. The player-character is a time-travelling supervillain who continually resets the game clock to bend time for personal financial gain. Eventually the player stops bothering to return their clock to its original era and embraces the dark madness of time.

What do I need to be wearing to see the Master Skater dude in the Lost Hotel? Musical notes, groovy neon, nor standard sparkles are working. :'( HALP

Just got to the Third Gym Town.

This is my current team. Feeling pretty good. The game has been somewhat challenging since I don't know any new Pokemon since Red/Blue and so I don't know their types and trainers have been wrecking me :p

UOOnrmT.jpg

Oh and my Shiny Greninja is greater than you all. His Shiny Color Combo is amazing. Flippin' Ninja!

one_kill

I'm confused about super training. Do I have to complete all six training programs in a level before rising up to the next level? How many levels are there before the secret ones?

XaosWolf

I'm confused about super training. Do I have to complete all six training programs in a level before rising up to the next level? How many levels are there before the secret ones?

You need to do all of LV1 to get LV2. All of LV2 to get LV3. All of LV3 gets you nothing.

Secret Training is unlocked after you fill the EV bar on a pokémon, regardless of how many other stages you've unlocked.

I feel bad using mega Blastoise. Just feels like so much overkill. Doesn't help that I'm over leveled.

I felt bad about using Mega Charizard Y at first... but it got dropped by a single rock-type move once. Besides that, my Delphox is about 9 or less levels higher, so it outstrips it in Special Attack and Speed anyways.

What I usually do if I am super afraid of KOing a Pokemon I want to catch is inflict Paralysis, then use Swords Dance and some other status move over and over until their PP is 0. Then use a timer ball. Takes some time, yes, but it's better spent in battle than running around in grass hoping to find the Pokemon again.
I personally always have someone with false swipe on my team (Farfetch'd has taken that role, now that is has a stick). I think Super Fang also fails to kill so that works. Bit of a problem vs. Ghosts, mind you.

Sleep is slightly better than paralysis for capture probability boost (x2 multiplier rather than x1.5) and knocking down to 1 HP is not that required (low health is important though as full health compared with no health is a factor of 3 difference).

Its always good to have a quick look at how capture chance worked in BW2 over a Bulbapedia then get some rule of thumb (it certainly calms the mind when you keep failing to capture). I realize that is a bad part of having no data mined from the game for Gen VI. No species catch rates (though you can guesstimate based off similar species).

XaosWolf

Is there any point in finishing every training (including the secret ones) with one Pokemon or did I waste my time there?

I'm kinda figuring that the Pokémon that completes all of them getsa ribbon/reward thing on them. Haven't tested that yet though.

What happens to Mega Blastoise when it Mega-Evolves? I haven't noticed any real difference in it's strength when I mega evolve it, to be honest. Although it usually one-shots anything it fights anyway.

Man my stuff is strong, and I haven't even done any of the special training yet. Near the 8th Gym now, and still not really struggled at all.

If I had any criticism for this game, I'd say the gym leaders should be a lot tougher. Since the third or forth gym they've been really easy to beat.

Still, I'd say the main adventure and general gameplay makes this the best Pokemon experience so far. Not sure how much I'll do in the postgame but shiny hunting, outfit picking, berry growing... sure I'll have enough to keep me going.

XaosWolf

What was the point in the trip to the Scary House?
I didn't even tip the guy either.

Yeah, they mentioned some sort of "grandmaster" status or something, but I didn't notice any change and certainly no special reward for completing all (30 trainings) with one Pokemon.

Super Duper Training DLC.

Robin64

Really need to bring over my Gallade that's sitting in White 2.

False Swipe.
Mean Look.
Thunder Wave.
Hypnosis.

Badass at running round catching things.

Jintor

Having a lot of fun just taking random wonder trades I don't already have, raising them to full and then just sending them off again into the wilds. Anybody I get from that I either repeat the process or if I already have them I just WT them again.

Terrible for my khama though probably

I just found another clue which hints at a Ruby and Sapphire remake. I am in the hotel in Luminose City and spoke to a couple who says "The 40th wedding anniversary is the ruby anniversary, and the 45th is the sapphire."

m0t0k1

I have 3 Male Fennekins, anyone want them?

I'd like a Ralts, Charmander (with +SpA nature if possible but as long as it's not -SpA or -Speed), Squirtle, Bulbasaur, if possible. If not I'll just take whatever so I can wonder trade!

FC: 1075-1077-0952

i have some ralts egg left if you are interested.

i added you my fc is3780-9841-9874

For those with Shiny Pokemon - do the little box sprites now reflect the shiny status? I noticed Flabebe and Vivillon icons are different based on appearance, so I was hoping...

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
Evolving Eevee into Sylveon is the dumbest crap ever. You have to max out the Pokemon Amie shit to evolve him! That is going to take hours!

Evolving Eevee into Sylveon is the dumbest crap ever. You have to max out the Pokemon Amie shit to evolve him! That is going to take hours!

Takes like 30 minutes. Pick the minigame you're best at, play it, get the best Poke Puffs you can. Feed Pokemon, pet them, then go back to the minigame and repeat.

XaosWolf

The Hard Difficulty tile puzzle takes about 1 1/2 minutes at most and nets you 4-5 deluxe poké puffs.

Rinse and repeat and it won't take that long. Still a bit tedious, but could be a lot worse.
Full affection gets you more crits and dodges for that pokémon too.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I lucked out in GTS and got a Ditto. Now I have an endless army of Charmanders, Squirtle, Bulbasaurs, and Eevees (thank Wonder Trade for that one).

If anyone wants a Squirtle, I'll hook you up if you help me evolve my Haunter. My FC is in the grid. Send me a PM and I'll add you when I get up later tonight.

Delio

Well just beat the game. Fantastic and probably my favorite pokemon game to date. Few notes tho.

League was easier than I thought I guess I blame exp share somewhat but even some of my lagging behind members had little trouble.

MVP pokemon this go were totally Aegislash,Delphox and Flogres. Awesome team members from beginning to end.

Now comes the fun part. Post game hijynx!

Tc91

I lucked out in GTS and got a Ditto. Now I have an endless army of Charmanders, Squirtle, Bulbasaurs, and Eevees (thank Wonder Trade for that one).

If anyone wants a Squirtle, I'll hook you up if you help me evolve my Haunter. My FC is in the grid. Send me a PM and I'll add you when I get up later tonight.

I'll take a Squirtle and Bulbasaur if it's not too much trouble.

Well just beat the game. Fantastic and probably my favorite pokemon game to date. Few notes tho.

League was easier than I thought I guess I blame exp share somewhat but even some of my lagging behind members had little trouble.

MVP pokemon this go were totally Aegislash,Delphox and Flogres. Awesome team members from beginning to end.

Now comes the fun part. Post game hijynx!

Will you be breeding fennekins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom