• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

Man im going to sleep...just KO'd the one and only Bagon i've run into...just cant run into another.

EDIT: With Aegislash, isnt it better to EV Atk and Def since they switch depending on form?

Panzon

Question about EV training:

Do you train the pokemon in to whatever it is you want it to become? I'm kind of confused about the whole thing but from what I understand it all depends on the pokemon's nature?

For example: If i wanna train a charizard to be a defensive machine, does it need to be a certain nature or can it not be a defensive machine due to it's original stats?

I've played every pokemon game since red/blue and never bothered to learn this stuff. Can someone please summarize it for me in the easiest way possible?

Sandfox

Question about EV training:

Do you train the pokemon in to whatever it is you want it to become? I'm kind of confused about the whole thing but from what I understand it all depends on the pokemon's nature?

For example: If i wanna train a charizard to be a defensive machine, does it need to be a certain nature or can it not be a defensive machine due to it's original stats?

I've played every pokemon game since red/blue and never bothered to learn this stuff. Can someone please summarize it for me in the easiest way possible?

You can EV train a Pokemon however you want regardless of their nature.

Artemisia

Banned
Man im going to sleep...just KO'd the one and only Bagon i've run into...just cant run into another.

What I usually do if I am super afraid of KOing a Pokemon I want to catch is inflict Paralysis, then use Swords Dance and some other status move over and over until their PP is 0. Then use a timer ball. Takes some time, yes, but it's better spent in battle than running around in grass hoping to find the Pokemon again.

EDIT: With Aegislash, isnt it better to EV Atk and Def since they switch depending on form?

Speaking of Aegislash, isn't it better to seek out a honedge with a defensive nature because it'll go over to attack anyway or does stance change not work like that. I'm pretty sure def base stats are higher so you'd be getting more out of that 10% or am I wrong?

Panzon

You can EV train a Pokemon however you want regardless of their nature.

I just don't get it. Maybe I'm more confused because I'm trying to read about IVs as well and I need some friggin sleep.

Can't wait for the strategy guide and hopefully it explains it in a way slow people like myself can understand

So I caught a lv. 30 Goomy and maxed out its SpAtk in super training. It went from 56-69. Is that all the difference EV training makes or will it continue to affect his stats as he levels up?

Shahadan

My 3Ds keeps disconnecting from the internet every now and then and it's GODDAMN ANNOYING.
Can't seem to find the issue even on google, except that some people had this issue in the past as well. Great.
It started a few months ago during Animal Crossing and never went away. Sometimes I can get 15 minutes of connection, sometimes 2. Fuck this shit.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
An interesting conversation I had with an NPC regarding Gary Oak:
WPz33U9.jpg
yiP0VST.jpg

and, MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, DAT CHATEAU , Amulet Coin + Level 2 Prize Money Power O-Power+ Golden Writ

ffdgh

So I caught a lv. 30 Goomy and maxed out its SpAtk in super training. It went from 56-69. Is that all the difference EV training makes or will it continue to affect his stats as he levels up?

Yeah they'll start appearing more as you level up to equal 63(252 evs) points added to said stat at level 100

Mwahahah I just got a lvl 59 Druddigon named かおがあかい for a Lazy Lvl. 8 Weedle.

based wonder trade thank you so much.

Artemisia

Banned
Does anyone think a bulky spread for Clawitzer would work?

These are his base stats (allegedly):

HP 70
Attack 70
Defense 100
Special Attack 130
Special Defense 100
Speed 55

With a Bold nature (+Def -Atk) and 252 EVs in both Defense and HP, do you think I could have something special in my hands? Or am I better off using Vaporeon if I want to use a bulky water? I was originally planning to use Vaporeon for that role, but I need Wish on him which is a hassle I don't want to deal with until I'm done the main game. Also, Clawitzer is new and using new Pokemon is fun.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You should start carrying Timer Balls and Quick Balls. More efficient than the standard Pokeballs, and cheaper to boot.

It was a horde battle so quick balls wouldn't work as well.

That bloody murkrow wasted a couple of timer balls too.

Figures that a premier ball is the one which captured it.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
Is there any other way to get Sylveon besides finding a level 19 Eevee on route 10? Because I cant run into any and my patience is gone.

Sora_N

Lol couldn't trade Pancham to my gf because I had Cut on him. Just wanted to give False Swipe to her. Lame. Had to give a Beedrill.

Damn just checked in IV calc and the Lucario Korrina gave me apparently has perfect speed IVs and 25 each in attack and spe attack.

Hmmmm wondering I should just run a mixed Mega lucario. Or even possibly pure special.

When does Floette learn another Fairy move? Is it worth waiting with the evolution?
Or alternatively: When and where can I find a good Fairy move TM? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom